Who has the better grappling. Ciryl Gane or Poatan?

Says the 🐀 who claimed Lyoto Machida got his black belt from a McDojo.

🐀🤡
You defend Machida's black belt because of who gave it to him and criticize Pereira's in spite of who gave him his.

If you look real closely you might be able to spot your hypocrisy.

You defend Machida's black belt because of who gave it to him and criticize Pereira's in spite of who gave him his.

If you look real closely you might be able to spot your hypocrisy.

I dont need to defend Machida's black belt because he beat Rafael Lovato Jr in a grappling tournament. If you weren't such a clown you would understand this wouldn't be possible if he wasn't a legitimate black belt. Lovato would twist Poatan into a pretzel.

I've seen Lyoto roll with Reron Gracie and Rickson black belt Kevin Casey in real life at Blackhouse. I've also seen him ragdoll professional fighters in MMA- guys with much better grappling than Poatan.

Like I said 🤡🐀

Last edited:
Gane for sure. Yes Ngannou held him down and Jon Jones submitted him, but Ngannou is enormous and Jon Jones is arguably the greatest MMA practitioner in the history of the sport. It might not have been against top tier competition, but Gane hit a heel hook in the Octagon. How many other heavyweights in UFC history have landed heel hooks?

Answer: Four, and it's not likely many on here now would be able to name another big man that pulled one off.
Arlovski landed an Achilles lock on Sylvia, that count?

Ken Shamock over Patrick Smith...

Idk the other two, would've thought Werdum but doesn't appear to be.

That has less to do with what he’s actually shown us in the cage, and more to do with how much you like him. There’s literally nothing to base that on.
There is a lot of footage of Poatan rolling, there is footage of Grane laying back for heel hooks.
Come on bro.

Poatan wanna take people down via striking their heads

His grappling is training tdd with Chuck and defending himself on the ground with Glover.

I think Pereira has the better overall defensive grappling and TDD. Training with Glover and company doesn’t hurt either. Gane looks like a special needs child who can’t swim after being tossed in a lake. Gane either neglects the training or he just doesn’t have the aptitude.

I dont need to defend Machida's black belt because he beat Rafael Lovato Jr in a grappling tournament. If you weren't such a clown you would understand this wouldn't be possible if he wasn't a legitimate black belt. Lovato would twist Poatan into a pretzel.

I've seen Lyoto roll with Reron Gracie and Rickson black belt Kevin Casey in real life at Blackhouse. I've also seen him ragdoll professional fighters in MMA- guys with much better grappling than Poatan.

Like I said 🤡🐀
You're doing it again.

What Machida does outside of MMA also counts for his BJJ skills, but Pereira's doesn't.

Like I said, if you squint real hard you'll see the (numerous) spots you're holding them to different standards simply because you have a weird hate fetish for Pereira.

You're doing it again.

What Machida does outside of MMA also counts for his BJJ skills, but Pereira's doesn't.

Like I said, if you squint real hard you'll see the (numerous) spots you're holding them to different standards simply because you have a weird hate fetish for Pereira.

Nice deflection little guy you're not gonna make it

Gane and Poatan are both pretty bad grapplers. Pretty bad grappling is all you need at LHW given the current state of the division; at HW you're not getting past gatekeeper Blaydes like that. So, given their competition, Poatan has the more effective grappling.

Stripped of divisional context, yes, Gane has better offense and Poatan has better defense, but they both grapple infrequently enough that all we can say about absolute level of grappling skill is that they're both rather lacking. No one has any real idea which one is better.

Also, when it comes to fighting a competent grappler, Poatan's defense isn't going to help that much without any offense to back it up. When you pose zero threat on the ground, risky offensive grappling loses almost all of its risk, and a competent offense will beat your defense all the time. Poatan might lose 50-45 to a decent grappler rather than being submitted like Gane, but he'll lose just the same.

Nice deflection little guy you're not gonna make it
I'm deflecting by pointing out how you keep praising other fighters for the very things you meanwhile hold against Pereira?

No that's pointing out you're a hypocrite who just hates Pereira.

I have no idea how anyone is saying Gane. His grappling is truly white belt level. There's being inexperienced on the ground and then there's just flat out not knowing what to do at all - that's Gane. I legitimately think he just trains MMA casually and puts zero effort into grappling.

Gane for sure. Yes Ngannou held him down and Jon Jones submitted him, but Ngannou is enormous and Jon Jones is arguably the greatest MMA practitioner in the history of the sport. It might not have been against top tier competition, but Gane hit a heel hook in the Octagon. How many other heavyweights in UFC history have landed heel hooks?

Answer: Four, and it's not likely many on here now would be able to name another big man that pulled one off.

Derrick Lewis

vApaViF.gif

Anyone picking Gane is a stone cold retard

I'm deflecting by pointing out how you keep praising other fighters for the very things you meanwhile hold against Pereira?

No that's pointing out you're a hypocrite who just hates Pereira.

I never said Alex got his black belt from a "McDojo" like you said about Machida you clown.

I said his grappling hasn't been impressive and that he looked lost on the ground in multiple situation against multiple fighters.

There isn't anything Jan or Izzy could ever do to Lyoto on the mat. They both controlled Alex pretty easily. Jan almost choked him.

Meanwhile I've seen Lyoto submit black belts and beat Lovato Jr in a grappling match.

He's a higher level grappler than Alex. The only people who disagree are fanboy clowns like you.

🤡🐀

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kffkhddjhgv
Back