Who has the better chance of winning a belt in the weight above?

I went with Jones. I don't think Aldo could beat Maynard.

they trained together, for the Mendes fight Gray said he could barely take aldo down, and could not keep him down when he did. Basically saying Mendes didnt have a chance in hell.

Anyone voting for Jones is out of their minds...Jones would be a substantial dog vs Cain. A live dog, but still a significant underdog.

Aldo would be the betting fave over Bendo. He's over -200 against Frankie for goodness sake.

Right now Jones wouldn't even beat the top 5 heavies

I think this is an interesting question in general, meaning beyond just these two fighters. I assume the criteria would be one top 5 win, followed by a title shot. This actually gets pretty interesting. We're basically seeing it with Aldo-Edgar, but we'd be looking at Bendo vs. Diaz, Koscheck, or Hendricks. GSP vs. Belfort, Bisping, or Weidman. Anderson vs. Machida, Hendo, Rashad, Shogun. And Jones vs. JDS, Werdum, or Overeem. Wow. Bendo has a very tough road as I don't think he beats any of those guys aside from maybe Diaz. I think GSP could definitely beat Bisping or Belfort. Weidman would be very interesting. I would absolutely love to see Anderson fight Machida or Shogun. I have a feeling he pulls both of them off. Hendo's better at 205, and Rashad would be interesting as well. As good as Jones is, having to beat say Werdum and then Cain would be awfully tough.

I think Aldo since the heavier weights seem to be less predictable...not saying Lightweight is a slouch division right now though

Are people referring to the same Cain that everyone said was gassed by the 2nd or 3rd round against JDS? Cain would rightfully be the favorite going into a fight with Bones but I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Bones pulled it off.

I think this is an interesting question in general, meaning beyond just these two fighters. I assume the criteria would be one top 5 win, followed by a title shot. This actually gets pretty interesting. We're basically seeing it with Aldo-Edgar, but we'd be looking at Bendo vs. Diaz, Koscheck, or Hendricks. GSP vs. Belfort, Bisping, or Weidman. Anderson vs. Machida, Hendo, Rashad, Shogun. And Jones vs. JDS, Werdum, or Overeem. Wow. Bendo has a very tough road as I don't think he beats any of those guys aside from maybe Diaz. I think GSP could definitely beat Bisping or Belfort. Weidman would be very interesting. I would absolutely love to see Anderson fight Machida or Shogun. I have a feeling he pulls both of them off. Hendo's better at 205, and Rashad would be interesting as well. As good as Jones is, having to beat say Werdum and then Cain would be awfully tough.

think you mean Fitch instead of Koscheck

I picked Aldo but I honestly believe both have a good shot.

Anyone voting for Jones is out of their minds...Jones would be a substantial dog vs Cain. A live dog, but still a significant underdog.

Aldo would be the betting fave over Bendo. He's over -200 against Frankie for goodness sake.

I don't think you're right about those projected odds.

Jones would be no more than a +250 underdog at worst to Cain at this point, probably more like +170. Aldo vs. Bendo would be really close, the reason that he's -200 against Edgar is because of the weight they're fighting at. If they were fighting at 155, they would be likely be close to even odds.

These two options are pretty bad picked. What kind of a question is that? And not even listing all the 7 champions...

Even though LW is arguably the deepest division in mma, got to go with Aldo. I think he should go up if he beats Frankie.

Now, if there was a 205-225lb division... I'd probably still take Aldo since I think Cain and JDS could make that weight.

think you mean Fitch instead of Koscheck
Fair enough. I was more thinking Koscheck's personality and style would be more interesting for a superfight than Fitch, but if we're strictly going rankings then I'd probably have to put Rory and Condit ahead of all of them but Hendricks.

Ya we can't wait to see 300lb guys fight...tony Lopez was shw champ ...he just lost at lhw..catch drift?

I'm not asking for a 300 lbs weight class. Get your head out of your ass. I'm thinking HW at 206-230 then SHW 231-265. A 60 lbs weight class is pretty unfair. The wind is blowing in your direction.

If GSP fought a weight class above... Our dreams would come true cause we would witness a spectacular fight(s), first up probably... At the end of the day, Anderson is still the greatest of all time. As long as they either do it soon, or lose the idea of getting our hopes up only to crush them.

Last edited:
I voted Aldo but I would have voted GSP if it was an option.

i think jones has a better shot vs cain than aldo does vs bendo

i think Cain is the best match up for jones at hw over JDS or the reem

cain vs Jones

striking- jones
cardio- draw but probably jones
bjj- jones
wrestling- cain but its probably close
height/reach- jones by a lot
functional weight- virtually identical (sup goldy)

im taking edgar over aldo but not confident. i think bendos wrestling, cardio, and sub defense would be a nightmare for aldo

i actually think edgar has a better chance of beating bendo. in fact edgar lost the first fight and won the rematch with bendo imo. edgar should already be the champ in a weight class above his size

Back