Who has the better chance of winning a belt in the weight above?

Right now, Aldo.

Give Jones a few years and 50 lbs, he's worked wonders so far and could still improve, long term I believe he could succeed.

Anyone voting for Jones is out of their minds...Jones would be a substantial dog vs Cain. A live dog, but still a significant underdog.

Aldo would be the betting fave over Bendo. He's over -200 against Frankie for goodness sake.

Will be bumping this post when Jones makes his move to heavyweight next year. Get your Kleenex ready

Minowa

I dont think either Aldo or Jones can beat the current champs 1 division above theirs.
But we'll see how Aldo-Edgar goes.

Will be bumping this post when Jones makes his move to heavyweight next year. Get your Kleenex ready
A lot can change in a year. Cain might not even be champ next year.

LMFAO, Aldo would get destroyed at LW, but we'll never get so see it beause after Frankie takes his belt, he'll move down to BW.

Lets be realistic, Jones needs couple years to put on muscle weight and be ready to face the best HWs. In his current shape Bones isn't very likely to beat Cain.

LMFAO, Aldo would get destroyed at LW, but we'll never get so see it beause after Frankie takes his belt, he'll move down to BW.
That will never happen considering the fact that Aldo is only getting bigger and bigger. There is no way he makes BW without losing a considerable amount of muscle mass.

Whether its Cain/JDS/Overeem that Jones has to fight hell have his hands full.
Aldo matches up very well against Benson imo, so i voted for him.

I don't think you're right about those projected odds.

Jones would be no more than a +250 underdog at worst to Cain at this point, probably more like +170. Aldo vs. Bendo would be really close, the reason that he's -200 against Edgar is because of the weight they're fighting at. If they were fighting at 155, they would be likely be close to even odds.
How would fighting at 155 be a benefit to Frankie...?

Aldo is the guy who has problems cutting weight to 145. Frankie barely cut weight for 155 and won't cut all that much for 145.

At 155 Aldo wouldn't have to worry about his huge weight cut draining his cardio, and Frankie would be exactly the same size as he will be at 145. Fighting at 155 would be a benefit to Aldo, not to Frankie.

What's really interesting is that the majority opinion is that Aldo would have an easier time trying to obtain a LW belt than Bones would in a HW endeavor.

Consider this:
1. Many have regarded FW as weak, using it to explain Aldo's dominance.
2. Many consider LW as the most stacked, most competitive division.
3. Jon Jones is the most dominant UFC LHW champion we've seen in a long time.
4. HW is generally considered a weak division (along with MW).

Now, here's the kicker: Aldo moving from a relatively WEAK division (according to some) to THE STRONGEST DIVISION still has a better chance to win the title than Jon Jones (who happens to be the MOST dominant LHW champion in the last 7 years) who would be moving from a VERY STRONG division to a WEAK division.

Is this a testament to Aldo's skills? Or is this an acknowledgement of the strength of the HW division? Both? Discuss.

i think jones has a better shot vs cain than aldo does vs bendo

i think Cain is the best match up for jones at hw over JDS or the reem

cain vs Jones

striking- jones
cardio- draw but probably jones
bjj- jones
wrestling- cain but its probably close
height/reach- jones by a lot
functional weight- virtually identical (sup goldy)

im taking edgar over aldo but not confident. i think bendos wrestling, cardio, and sub defense would be a nightmare for aldo

i actually think edgar has a better chance of beating bendo. in fact edgar lost the first fight and won the rematch with bendo imo. edgar should already be the champ in a weight class above his size

Disagree.

Striking -I think Cain has more versatile, crisper strikes.

Cardio - Cain also definitely has the better cardio (Jones fights at a slower pace, and has looked fatigued more often than Cain has ).

BJJ - Jones has shown more defensive and offensive BJJ, especially offensively.

Wrestling - Wrestling would probably be even, as Jones is really good at greco but his single/double legs are relatively rudimentary whereas Cain is more of a folkstyle single/double leg kind of guy. Jones has the better TDD though. Considering that Cain has better cardio and is a larger guy, physics dictates that Cain will get the edge as the fight goes on.

Height/reach - no argument and goes to Jones.

Functional weight - Cain would also have the advantage in weight.

Johnson obviously has nothing for Cruz. I don't think he can hang with Barao either to be honest.

Cruz could and probably would beat Aldo imo. probably like 8 out of 10 times. Barao, eh, maybe like once in as 10 tries. I see Aldo as a bigger, more finely tuned Barao really.

Aldo could beat Bendo. Maybe like 3 or 4 out of 10 though.

I love Benson but he can't beat St. Pierre.

St. Pierre can beat Silva. Not a doubt in my mind. It wouldn't be easy, of course, and Anderson could get some freeky KO at any time, but St. Pierre is as likely to win that as he is to lose imo.

Anderson finish any human being on the planet. He has a slim chance of beating Jones. maybe 2 in 10 times.

Jones vs Cain is the biggest superfight imaginable. Honestly, I don't really know. Cain can take down and beat up anyone on the planet. No doubt in my mind. But Jones is a freak of nature and everything he touches, he destroys. I have that one as a complete tossup.

The winner is Dominick Cruz.

Not a chance in hell for Jones IMO.

I'd vote Anderson in the whole company.

Back