Who has the best chance of beating Alex Periera?

You're smoking crack and dope at the same time. Either that or trolling.

I don't think there's any threats to Pereira unless Vakhitov comes back. What's the deal with him?
I think Artems hand is still healing. Not entirely sure though. He’s definitely coming back though soon from what I heard.

I think Artems hand is still healing. Not entirely sure though. He’s definitely coming back though soon from what I heard.
If Vakhitov is injured and Pereira received anyway an opponent like Bayrak, they should acquire Sebastian Cozmâncă. He will get a war. Cozmâncă has great chin and can"t be stopped from the 1st round plus he never gives up.

I bet Timmers or who is matchmaker now has no gut to make it happen.

Pereira should fight two light-heavyweights like Cozmâncă and Maslobojev, then if he wins all the fights he can threaten Vakhitov. I have my doubts Maslobojev can do it, but not many options are in Glory. And Tavares fights boringly, moreover he already lost.

Oh, Fabio Kwasi and Sebastian Cozmâncă! They are the best light-heavyweights outside of Glory. The others are signed by ONE.

Kwasi can easily drop 5 kilograms again. The issue with Kwasi is that he would not fight Pereira straight away, he should be matchmaked against Maslobojev or even a bum maybe at the beginning. Because he still needs experience.

I am not saying he will ko him, i'm saying i think he can. Of course it's a bit far-fetched and unlikely but so are the guys you guys are discussing. Vakhitov? Luis Tavares? Come on...

If you want to see Doumbe's height, here he is sparring Kyshenko (who KTFO Pereira). The size difference is a huge argument, but heigh/reach, not so much.

Last edited:
The difference of power looks also much bigger for Kyshenko. So Artur opened his own gym. In Barcelona, lol. I bet it"s full of immigrants, including from Eastern Europe.

If we want to be realistic, let's just mention some heavyweight, lol.

I think Vakhitov. Wisse has the skills but I don't think anyone at a reach disadvantage can beat Alex. Under normal circumstances I believe Wisse would be a great champion.

I think Vakhitov is the fight to make. He's so technical and composed, I'm not saying he definitely wins but for sure he can win.

Just like the title says,who has the best chance of beating Periera?

Luis Tavares:
6’3”
#2 ranked Light-heavyweight
2 fight win streak
Last three fights:Susperregui,Duut and Micheletti. Decision win over Dutt and Susperregui. Lost a decision to Micheletti
Tavares is making his MMA debut in 2 weeks time. Depending on how that goes, I think we can expect him not to be too active in kickboxing anymore.

Tavares is making his MMA debut in 2 weeks time. Depending on how that goes, I think we can expect him not to be too active in kickboxing anymore.
Ah yes I heard about that. Interesting.He did say he’ll still compete in kickboxing iirc however he definitely won’t be active yeah. Shame really because I’d of liked to see him vs Periera.

I think Vakhitov. Wisse has the skills but I don't think anyone at a reach disadvantage can beat Alex. Under normal circumstances I believe Wisse would be a great champion.

I think Vakhitov is the fight to make. He's so technical and composed, I'm not saying he definitely wins but for sure he can win.
Agreed brother.

Maslobojev would outbox him
I don’t know much about him but I did find out he beat Periera as an amateur. Periera has evolved exponentially though since then. I’m sure Maslobojev has improved too.

If Artur Kyshenko isn't at the top of the list I'm not sure why. Still the most underrated Kickboxer out there today IMO. I wish he would sign with a major promotion.

If Artur Kyshenko isn't at the top of the list I'm not sure why. Still the most underrated Kickboxer out there today IMO. I wish he would sign with a major promotion.

Really wish he’d come back to glory so they can rematch. Doubt it’ll happen though.

Really wish he’d come back to glory so they can rematch. Doubt it’ll happen though.
I know he wasn't interested in the purse they were offering him and he didn't want to have to travel to the US to fight. We'll see how Glory moves forward, if they stick around to just doing events in Europe things may change, but not sure how stable they really are.

Who knows, we can end up seeing them fight each other again in a different promotion down the line.

Pereiras opponents the last three years were not too amazing. But even against a very unexperienced Abena, he was missing a lot of punches and got tagged. Although his distance control is very good and he has power and speed but i think we overrate his precision based on the KO streak he is on. I'd still favor Kyshenko in a rematch.

Pereiras opponents the last three years were not too amazing. But even against a very unexperienced Abena, he was missing a lot of punches and got tagged. Although his distance control is very good and he has power and speed but i think we overrate his precision based on the KO streak he is on. I'd still favor Kyshenko in a rematch.

Abena is very legit though even though he is inexperienced. He arguably beat Vakhitov. He also has beaten Tavares,Duut,Stoica and Susperregui. He is no slouch.

Abena is very legit though even though he is inexperienced. He arguably beat Vakhitov. He also has beaten Tavares,Duut,Stoica and Susperregui. He is no slouch.
An injured Stoica, I showed you the photo of his leg before the fight when I was commenting the Sibiu event, but Donegi Abena is legit. Not just because he beat Tavares - Tavares also lost to Micheletti so he isn"t such elite (let"s say Andrei was injured), but because he is highly competitive. Beating Susperregui is nothing much, Susperregui is a bum now. And I don"t know how to characterize Duut, he has many Glory matches but mainly because of the former matchmakers. Duut has the puncher"s chance but his career has become very poor. I mean he lost to Machado, and to Sikking and Hameur-Lain. These 2 guys, both top 10 at some point (Hameur-Lain even now, lol), were defeated by KO by both Stoica brothers.

And since 2013, Duut only beat 4 bums, 3 bums and 1 bum and a half, plus Ilunga on extra round and old Bouzidi. I think when he won Ilunga, Danyo was on a losing streak and not well mentally.

Certainly Duut is a fighter who has the puncher"s chance, but is not top anymore. Maybe he never was actually. His career will end probably as being below-average. I don"t think he makes 2 rounds with Sebastian Cozmâncă for example. And Cozmâncă is still not in Glory because he is not a protegee.

The best 10 light-heavyweights in my vision are, IN NO ORDER:

Vakhitov, Pereira, Abena, Tavares, Maslobojev, Khbabez, Andrei Stoica, El Bouni, Cozmâncă, Fabio Kwasi

Susperregui is an old fart, Hameur-Lain was a jobber in Superkombat, Machado is not fantastic and Micheletti is so-so (average). Only Micheletti is close to them from the shitty top 10 of Combat Press. Micheletti is decent fighter, sometimes he can be solid but not all the time we see the best version from him.

Well, Bogdan Stoica is also top 10 if he fights as a LHW. But before his last fights, he fought in 88 kg / 91 kg. Never in 85 kg, he needed to drop a lot for Glory in the past. The problem is that Tarik Khbabez, Andrei Stoica, Ibrahim El Bouni, Fabio Kwasi and sometimes even Sebastian Cozmâncă fight as HWs.

Khbabez is leading the pack outside of Glory. Then Andrei Stoica. El Bouni and Cozmâncă are also bad asses. Kwasi is less attractive in terms of KO, but he is technical. Bogdan Stoica, the other brother, owns probably the greatest knees in the whole division. I hope he comes back, he finally removed bones from his hand, he has had a lot of problems since a motorcycle accident. He is not so technical as Andrei, but hits flat with powerful hooks.

So 5 are fighting in Glory, I have also added Maslobojev because maybe he has developed even though I"m not sure (in the past he was not proven against our "C" Robert Dorin) - and I also dislike the fact Luis Tavares is a chicken and is not taking many tests to really see where he stands, besides that 3 are in One Championship (4 now with Bogdan Stoica) and the other 2 are in Romania (Cozmâncă and Fabio Kwasi from Mike Passenier). 11 who would deserve to make the Glory division. All of them, greatest fighters on the planet and of Europe. Maslobojev is still a tough European dude.

Last edited:
Abena is very legit though even though he is inexperienced
Sure but based on how gassed he was after a couple of rounds, i would have expected Pereira to finish him faster. Even when he was gassed and slow he tagged Pereira some times and Pereiras defense at close range is not amazing. From the outside it's good because he knows how to manage the distance.

Sure but based on how gassed he was after a couple of rounds, i would have expected Pereira to finish him faster. Even when he was gassed and slow he tagged Pereira some times and Pereiras defense at close range is not amazing. From the outside it's good because he knows how to manage the distance.
That is fair man I see where you’re coming from

Back