Who has the best chance of beating Alex Periera?

Po Atan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just like the title says,who has the best chance of beating Periera?

Artem Vakhitov:
6’1”
Light-Heavyweight champ
7 fight win streak
Last three fights:Abena,ilunga and machado.All were decision wins.

Donovan Wisse:
6’1”
Number 1 ranked middleweight
4 fight win streak
Last three fights:Almeida,Wilnis and Belgaroui.Won all by decision.

Luis Tavares:
6’3”
#2 ranked Light-heavyweight
2 fight win streak
Last three fights:Susperregui,Duut and Micheletti. Decision win over Dutt and Susperregui. Lost a decision to Micheletti

Yousri Belgaroui:
6’5”
Number 2 ranked middleweight
2 fight winning streak
Last three fights:Styben,Bokeme and Wisse.
Beat Bokeme by dec and Styben by doctors stoppage. Lost a dec to Wisse.
Beat Periera once and lost to him twice.

Donegi Abena:
6’3”
Number 4 ranked light heavyweight
2 fight losing streak
Lost a controversial split dec to Vakhitov and got KO’D in round 3 of his fight with Periera
Last three fights Periera,Vakhitov and Dutt. Only beat Dutt via dec.

Or is it someone else?

From outside there are others, yes. Tarik Khbabez the most, then Andrei Stoica and Sebastian Cozmâncă. In Glory only Vakhitov, and maybe Abena in a good day. Belgaroui is a dangerous puncher but has proved limits in the division.

Trust me Po Atan would be tested, but in Glory at LHW aren"t great punchers. The best light-heavyweights are in ONE, from Khbabez and Stoica(s), to El Bouni and maybe others now. But fight as HWs in a so called "LHW" division. :)) Only Kryklia really has the reach to be a classic heavyweight, the others are classic light-heavyweights.

Wisse is a technical middleweight, very untested though. And I doubt Pereira will drop again. He doesn"t need to fight as a MW anymore, he is needed in the LHW. There are talented MWs outside of Glory who must be signed. Gafencu, Lambagiu, Stefanovski, etc. These 3 are exceptionally good but they aren"t a good match for Pereira, they are classic welterweights/middleweights at most. They fight more like Wisse, except for Lambagiu who is a body puncher.

Last edited:
From outside there are others, yes. Tarik Khbabez the most, then Andrei Stoica and Sebastian Cozmâncă. In Glory only Vakhitov, and maybe Abena in a good day. Belgaroui is a dangerous puncher but has proved limits in the division.

Trust me Po Atan would be tested, but in Glory at LHW aren"t great punchers. The best light-heavyweights are in ONE, from Khbabez and Stoica(s), to El Bouni and maybe others now. But fight as HWs in a so called "LHW" division. :)) Only Kryklia really has the reach to be a classic heavyweight, the others are classic light-heavyweights.

Wisse is a technical middleweight, very untested though. And I doubt Pereira will drop again. He doesn"t need to fight as a MW anymore, he is needed in the LHW. There are talented MWs outside of Glory who must be signed. Gafencu, Lambagiu, Stefanovski, etc. These 3 are exceptionally good but they aren"t a good match for Pereira, they are classic welterweights/middleweights at most. They fight more like Wisse, except for Lambagiu who is a body puncher.
Appreciate the in-depth response my man thanks.

Appreciate the in-depth response my man thanks.
Pereira should fight Sebastian Cozmâncă, the 2nd Romanian after Andrei Stoica. Stoica does not have a strong chin like Cozmâncă. Cozmâncă is both puncher (as KO artist) and fighter with a strong chin. Plus he also has a signature like Po Atan, the "high kick sting". He is in 12-0 run with 8/8 last KOs (nobody ended round 2).

Pereira should not go to 85 kg, because he is massive. It"s easier to dominate fights there.

And Tarik Khbabez, who isn"t the biggest KO artist in the HW but at 95 kg could stop even Pereira. Plus because of his amount of punches, his volume is insane. A bit unidimensional though but I also don"t find Po Atan owning the technicity of Adesanya. The Brazilian has other qualities.

In Glory Vakhitov and Abena. Vakhitov only by outboxing, and Abena probably the same. Donegi to KO he needs to have huge confidence and to be in a great shape. Abena has reach and still can complete his potential. Normally he can win decisions, rarely KOs.

There is also Andrei Stoica in ONE, but he is all or nothing. Sometimes goes well, sometimes not. Still, he may reach maturity. He can also fight technical but all of his career he prefered a "kung-fu" style. With some exceptions. Stoica lost to Khbabez, but did not look as always in that fight. Still, the Moroccan is a force of nature, just that he has this problem of being unidimensional sometimes for some great opponents, and he shouldn"t fight against Kryklia in the HW. He is a LHW.

Belgaroui like I said is dangerous, but proved limits. And Pereira shouldn"t return to 85 kg. Wisse is technical but highly untested and another MW. Left is only Luis Tavares, I just don"t rate this guy and he"s taking easy fights in Glory. Too bad Plazibat can"t drop, could be another solution. Even Maslobojev is a more interesting match-up than Tavares.

So let"s exclude any MW fight.

you and me both, it’d be amazing.
In MW, only Kyshenko. Yeah, that would do it! Only for that he should fight another 85 kg opponent. I would exclude Lambagiu and Stefanovski (like Wisse), even though Stefanovski has the same style as Pereira.

They BOTH lack experience, I don"t think Stefanovski is ready yet. Youngsters, like Wisse. And Wisse in Glory is highly untested. Wisse is a great talent but we will see him when he takes 2-3 elite fights.

That"s why he should go back to the MW only for Kyshenko.

Maybe in the future Bogdan Stoica will also be in discussion. He is less technical but has great knees and some flat punching, KO hooks. He lost to Adesanya in China by KO though, but in a ring full of water (indoor, lol). And styles make fights anyway.

And Ibrahim El Bouni of course. He isn"t really the top of the top, but is a top LHW with great KO power.

Last edited:
Necessary fights:
* Artem Vakhitov
* Tarik Khbabez
* Sebastian Cozmâncă
* Andrei Stoica
* Artur Kyshenko (as a MW)

Decent fights:
* Ibrahim El Bouni
* Bogdan Stoica
* Sergej Maslobojev (could be also fun, I am not sure all of these 3 would be competitive but they have weapons to hurt Pereira; and for the moment the Brazilian has more experience)

I think he should give up on Abena if he can"t get Kyshenko, and only to fight in the LHW.

It"s the best he can get for now, if you know more names from Europe for example feel free to add. Sadly Vladimir Mineev is retired I think, Jorge Loren the same. Loren would have been a great opponent in the 85 kg, he KOed that overrated Boekeme. And Kryklia should be a proven HW, not a LHW anymore. Plazibat could drop in Glory, I am amazed he wants to stay as a HW. The Croat fought as a LHW in Romania, since K-1 he moved.

As a fan, I don"t want to see Pereira vs. Tavares. I don"t dislike Luis, but I find him boring and I don"t think he can take the win over Po Atan. His level is not the highest and doesn"t own a weapon such as big punch, knee, etc. Just a cheap version of Plazibat. I might be wrong, but personally I find him a bit overrated and the key is with him, he should take on big fights in order to get tested. Any on my list would have crushed Susperregui on that night, plus he also didn"t KO Duut like some of the others and didn"t win against Micheletti.

Last edited:
Kyshenko could potentially still pose a problem at middleweight, but the fight I really want to see is a light heavyweight title unification with Vakhitov. I don’t think he has any way to beat Po Tan, outside of another robbery on the judge’s score cards. I would also be interested in seeing Po Tan vs Adesanya in the UFC.

Pereira should fight Sebastian Cozmâncă, the 2nd Romanian after Andrei Stoica. Stoica does not have a strong chin like Cozmâncă. Cozmâncă is both puncher (as KO artist) and fighter with a strong chin. Plus he also has a signature like Po Atan, the "high kick sting". He is in 12-0 run with 8/8 last KOs (nobody ended round 2).

Pereira should not go to 85 kg, because he is massive. It"s easier to dominate fights there.

And Tarik Khbabez, who isn"t the biggest KO artist in the HW but at 95 kg could stop even Pereira. Plus because of his amount of punches, his volume is insane. A bit unidimensional though but I also don"t find Po Atan owning the technicity of Adesanya. The Brazilian has other qualities.

In Glory Vakhitov and Abena. Vakhitov only by outboxing, and Abena probably the same. Donegi to KO he needs to have huge confidence and to be in a great shape. Abena has reach and still can complete his potential. Normally he can win decisions, rarely KOs.

There is also Andrei Stoica in ONE, but he is all or nothing. Sometimes goes well, sometimes not. Still, he may reach maturity. He can also fight technical but all of his career he prefered a "kung-fu" style. With some exceptions. Stoica lost to Khbabez, but did not look as always in that fight. Still, the Moroccan is a force of nature, just that he has this problem of being unidimensional sometimes for some great opponents, and he shouldn"t fight against Kryklia in the HW. He is a LHW.

Belgaroui like I said is dangerous, but proved limits. And Pereira shouldn"t return to 85 kg. Wisse is technical but highly untested and another MW. Left is only Luis Tavares, I just don"t rate this guy and he"s taking easy fights in Glory. Too bad Plazibat can"t drop, could be another solution. Even Maslobojev is a more interesting match-up than Tavares.

So let"s exclude any MW fight.

Amazing stuff thanks

Kyshenko could potentially still pose a problem at middleweight, but the fight I really want to see is a light heavyweight title unification with Vakhitov. I don’t think he has any way to beat Po Tan, outside of another robbery on the judge’s score cards. I would also be interested in seeing Po Tan vs Adesanya in the UFC.
That’s definitely the fight to make! Also I’d love to see the kyshenko rematch. After that I’m totally down to see him commit to mma. I’m not sure how closely you follow him therefore I’m not sure if you know but as of late he’s been doing loads of grappling work and was helping Glover out for his fight with santos. Point being it realy looks like he’s serious about mma.

That’s definitely the fight to make! Also I’d love to see the kyshenko rematch. After that I’m totally down to see him commit to mma. I’m not sure how closely you follow him therefore I’m not sure if you know but as of late he’s been doing loads of grappling work and was helping Glover out for his fight with santos. Point being it realy looks like he’s serious about mma.
Yeah I haven’t been following him super closely but I did hear that he was training mma more regularly. I think after the title Unification and maybe one more kickboxing match he should look into transitioning to mma full time. Also I think if Glory can manage it, a second fight with Levin would be cool. I’m pretty sure it would play out quite a bit differently now.

Yeah I haven’t been following him super closely but I did hear that he was training mma more regularly. I think after the title Unification and maybe one more kickboxing match he should look into transitioning to mma full time. Also I think if Glory can manage it, a second fight with Levin would be cool. I’m pretty sure it would play out quite a bit differently now.
Most definitely. Also a rematch vs levin would be amazing as I’d love see see Alex avenge that loss but unfortunately I don’t see them ever rematching. More than anything though,I need to see Vakhitov vs Periera.

Levin too, not sure about his shape though, but you can"t swim through divisions. From 85 to 95 there is a lot. He would get better tests in the 95 kg, I mean more punches to the head. :)) Depends where he really wants to fight. 95 is a big threat for him, but in Glory not so.

Kyshenko is a different animal, he can also stop you or he can give you a big beating. But Wisse and Levin pretty much fight the same, for me would be boring. I don"t know what happened to Levin but he lost all of his KO power. Wisse looks absolutely the same, they can KO only bums. He should fight only Levin, not both, but yet again he doesn"t seem to be in the MW anymore.

Doumbe is too small to fight at MW, he is a former LW who fights at WW. I would be shocked if Doumbe is really 177 cm. He must be 172-173 or so.

I think Doumbe can KO him

You're smoking crack and dope at the same time. Either that or trolling.

I don't think there's any threats to Pereira unless Vakhitov comes back. What's the deal with him?

Back