Who has the best chance of beating Alex Periera?

The best 10 light-heavyweights in my vision are, IN NO ORDER:

Vakhitov, Pereira, Abena, Tavares, Maslobojev, Khbabez, Andrei Stoica, El Bouni, Cozmâncă, Fabio Kwasi

Susperregui is an old fart, Hameur-Lain was a jobber in Superkombat, Machado is not fantastic and Micheletti is so-so (average). Only Micheletti is close to them from the shitty top 10 of Combat Press. Micheletti is decent fighter, sometimes he can be solid but not all the time we see the best version from him.

Well, Bogdan Stoica is also top 10 if he fights as a LHW. But before his last fights, he fought in 88 kg / 91 kg. Never in 85 kg, he needed to drop a lot for Glory in the past. The problem is that Tarik Khbabez, Andrei Stoica, Ibrahim El Bouni, Fabio Kwasi and sometimes even Sebastian Cozmâncă fight as HWs.

Khbabez is leading the pack outside of Glory. Then Andrei Stoica. El Bouni and Cozmâncă are also bad asses. Kwasi is less attractive in terms of KO, but he is technical. Bogdan Stoica, the other brother, owns probably the greatest knees in the whole division. I hope he comes back, he finally removed bones from his hand, he has had a lot of problems since a motorcycle accident. He is not so technical as Andrei, but hits flat with powerful hooks.

So 5 are fighting in Glory, I have also added Maslobojev because maybe he has developed even though I"m not sure (in the past he was not proven against our "C" Robert Dorin) - and I also dislike the fact Luis Tavares is a chicken and is not taking many tests to really see where he stands, besides that 3 are in One Championship (4 now with Bogdan Stoica) and the other 2 are in Romania (Cozmâncă and Fabio Kwasi from Mike Passenier). 11 who would deserve to make the Glory division. All of them, greatest fighters on the planet and of Europe. Maslobojev is still a tough European dude.
So seen as though you have Vahkitov at 1 and Periera at 2,how do you see their fight playing out bro?

Pereira fought in the 85 kg, where the opposition was poorer. Khbabez, Andrei Stoica, Cozmâncă and even El Bouni, all have great KO power. He should measure himself against this type of opponents, to see how is the real "light"-HEAVYWEIGHT class. Vakhitov if he doesn"t open up his opponent, isn"t known for KO. Donegi, Tavares and Maslobojev also pretty much fight to win on points.

Well, Khbabez has insane volume, I can he threatens everyone in Glory. Cozmâncă is just untested but he is also a predator, an aggressor. While Andrei Stoica can also fight technically but rarely doesn"t go for the KO if he sees an opening. He comes from Kung Fu. And El Bouni knocked Constantin Tsutsu out in Moldova when he was a star. And at that time El Bouni did not represent anything else than a prospect in Superkombat.

So seen as though you have Vahkitov at 1 and Periera at 2,how do you see their fight playing out bro?

I don"t know, it"s a fight to be made. But notice Vakhitov faced problems against somehow a shadow of Ilunga and the best KO artists, heavy punchers, are outside of Glory. This happened because of Hemmers and Co, they protected Dutch guys such as Duut. Even Tavares was protected, he likes not being tested, he had never wanted to fight Daniel Ghita. Hameur-Lain was also in Glory because he is Frenchman like Andurand. A jobber in Romania. Meanwhile, at that time JORGE LOREN, Stoica brothers, Khbabez (where he won Kryklia), El Bouni and Fabio Kwasi were fighting in Romanian promotions. Including Abena right before Glory fought Andrei Stoica in Romania. And Cozmâncă most recently. Now Spaniard Loren who KOed like hell and in 10 seconds that overrated Ulric Boekeme of Glory and Enfusion, has retired. :( Another fighter they never brought to Glory, was Igor Bugaenko. This guy was No 3 at some point in the MW. But probably his fault was also that he fought in Superkombat in Romania. Golden Glory I think had a beef with Eduard Irimia in Tokyo, but I"m not sure. I know there were some Dutchmen.

Now Sebastian Cozmâncă and Fabio Kwasi still fight in Romania but the new matchmakers will not bring them to Glory. Unreal, a disgrace! When the division is not good enough in both Glory and ONE. Actually in ONE probably the HW will be good considering they united the LHW with the HW.

Pereira and Vakhitov in Glory can only fight each other, and in some fights against Abena when Abena would be in a great day. I will be surprised to see Maslobojev is a threat. And Tavares will probably run away to perform MMA. The real deal besides Vakhitov for Pereira, is Khbabez (ONE). Khbabez, maybe Andrei Stoica, not sure about the untested Cozmâncă, and Fabio Kwasi is not ready for a title fight. But Kwasi deserves a development in Glory. Glory could also snatch El Bouni from One maybe, where he may be a lower face now.

Danyo Ilunga could have been also a name, but he has received already way too many chances. Even though he lost controversially to Vakhitov. And he will be 34 years old soon.

Ilunga was by far the best light-heavyweight in the history of It"s Showtime, but went on a losing streak like Bogdan Stoica. Twice larger losing streak. Besides 2014, Bogdan Stoica the younger brother of Andrei, only lost to El Bouni in the Netherlands and a TKO against the leg kicks of Adesanya in China on/in a WET ring. In rest were all self injuries or disqualifications. But in 2013 he had a miserable losing streak, since he had to drop about 10 kilograms for Glory. He hadn"t fought in the MW since his first years of career.

In the case of Ilunga, I don"t know what happened. He lost 7 consecutive matches, but he still gave a Artem a war. Ilunga in the first part of his career before the huge winning streak in It"s Showtime, the Netherlands and start of Glory, only lost to Zowa and Braddock Silva. They were much bigger guys, and a Zowa in prime. It happens when you"re not a HW and you fight in higher divisions.

Ilunga the most and Chris Ngimbi were kind of It"s Showtime legends, but not many know on this forum. Ngimbi lost to Souwer and I think at that time RvR was also starting to rise up. I remember one of the most loved fighters besides Hari, Gerges, Schilt, etc (Ghiță arrived late to beat Hesdy, after the wars of Schilt, and Badr vs. Gerges and more), were Ilunga, quite Ngimbi the fighter who stopped Direkci and rising star RvR. RvR beat Kyshenko at some point in a nice tournament. I remember one of the nicest fights were RvR vs. Direkci - already a veteran.

In my opinion Ilunga and RvR were much faster in It"s Showtime than in Glory.

Yeah, I know a lot, because I"m watching kickboxing since Golden League or which was the promotion with "League", promoting in Portugal and all over Europe, including in Romania in late years. I kind of watched the whole seasons of It"s Showtime by downloading them, and in Romania absolutely all from the debut of Brice Guidon in Total Kombat, to many more, including Local Kombat/Superkombat.

So in Europe the best promotions were Golden League, Local Kombat/Superkombat and It"s Showtime. Enfusion today is not at their level and it seems it will never be. Of course, there still was K-1. Besides the original K-1 events, K-1 Network and K-1 Collizion were ran by the Local Kombat (future Superkombat) owner. Mostly in South-East and Central Europe.

Last edited:
Ilunga was a great fighter, Bonjaski`s only talented pupil. He was robbed several times in Glory and probably lost faith in himself and the promotion. We must not forget Tyrone Spong. He rose to fame in It`s Sowtime and can be considered one of the best.

Last edited:
Ilunga was a great fighter, Bonjaski`s only talented pupil. He was robbed several times in Glory and probably lost faith in himself and the promotion. We must not forget Tyrone Spong. He rose to fame in It`s Sowtime and can be considered one of the best.
Illunga was way too inconsistent and puts on sloppy performances. You can't blame 7 losses in a row on bad decisions.

Spong quit kickboxing 6 years ago after breaking his leg.

Illunga was way too inconsistent and puts on sloppy performances. You can't blame 7 losses in a row on bad decision
We are talking about the winning Ilunga. It"s Showtime mostly. He still won the Vakhitov fight though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back