Who has better stand up, Pettis or Cerrone?

Pettis head kick Ko'ing Cowboy will make the year for me. :)

And I actually kinda like Cerrone.

He's just a bit too caulky though

There's gonna be a lot of butthurt people when Cerrone puts a MT clinic on Pettis. It's gonna happen.

I don't think I said that it did. I recall the Cerrone kick basically Finishing Siver. I recall Anthony having to follow up as well.
Not a big deal either way. The bottom line to me is that they are both skilled, about equally. The bonus is that each can end a fight on a dime.

Cerrone rocked Siver with a punch then choked him out

Pettis is the better striker. Pettis has better technique and is quicker than Cerrone. He also has MUCH better defense than Donald. They both have sick offensive arsenals that allow them to dominate striking, but Pettis is head and shoulders above in defense. Pettis has much better footwork, comes in at more angles. Cerrone is very linear, hence why he got worked by Diaz who is known for straight forward plodding footwork but beats fighters by being the better puncher in the pocket.

That being said Cerrone cannot be overlooked in this fight. IMO he's the better grappler, and if Pettis tries to throw the fancy shit he does against subpar strikers, I foresee him eating a counter cross and getting finished. If Cerrone hurts you and smells blood, it's over. Pettis needs to keep it simple; fluid quick combos in-and-out, avoiding unnecessary time in the pocket.

I'd say it's hard to tell. Pettis is definitely creative, but I think Cerrone has a better sense of timing. I can not wait for this fight.

4.gif

that is not comparable to this

UFC-144-Pettis-KOs-Lauzon.gif
I agree Cowboy's is better since it was against a better fighter :D

No actually my mt coach got a truck load of muay thai fights on disc and asked him if he could pick out some mma fighters who he might have. I got to see a few cerrone, daley, condit, ludwig, manhoef, spong mt fights

Won't you share these videos with us...

Pettis probably would be dropping down to 145 about now if it weren't for one flashy kick. Cerronne has legit Muay Thai.

Watch the actual fight and not the gifs

I saw the fight, but the gif quite clearly shows a kick and not a punch rocking Siver.... by my calculations that means you are just a tad wrong lol

Back