Who has better stand up, Pettis or Cerrone?

Aheyor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Their grappling will cancel each other out so this fight will come down to the standup game

So whos the better striker? I really cant pick one but with a gun to my head id say cerrone cos of his power even tho pettis is a wee bit quicker and doesnt lack power in his kicks either. His hands might let him down in this fight tho

So whos everyone picking in this certain fotn next week?

Cowboy gets a bit to wild sometimes were as Pettis stays calm with his striking. Think cowboy will get frustrated like he did with Nate.

Pettis does. He's more creative. But I think the gap is close enough that one could knock out the other pretty equally.

This is a very, very close one.

I would say Athony Pettis because of his creativity and precision.

Cowboy gets a bit to wild sometimes were as Pettis stays calm with his striking. Think cowboy will get frustrated like he did with Nate.

Pettis doesnt have the same non stop in your face punching style as nate so I dont see cowboy fucking up against pettis like against diaz

anthony-pettis-showtime-kick-big.gif

UFC-144-Pettis-KOs-Lauzon.gif

hell pettis can knockdown champions without even touching them

10001688.gif

Cerrone has some good leg kicks, but his boxing is fairly pedestrian as far as mma goes.

Because pettis has flashy moves and1 high kick ko hes better? Cerrone has numorous head kick kos on his resume also and better leg kicks

does he? I can only remember the Guilard one

I don't think there is much separating them, except that Pettis is stronger and I think he has a better chin.

does he? I can only remember the Guilard one

No he only has one. Cerrone is more likely to rock you with a head kick then finish with a submission. He's only got 2 KO/TKOs and 13 submissions but a lot of those came after he rocked his opponent while standing.

Precision striking Pettis, Cowboy has more of the fun to watch brawler striking out of nowhere strikes. THat's why this fight is great anyone can pull a rabbit out of a hat. :icon_chee

Pettis has more tools on the feet.

I also think Pettis has the superior ground game.

Pettis is better period IMO, but as far as stand-up goes it's better mostly because he's got great defense to add on to his offensive stand-up, where as Cowboys' defense is just ew

I would give the edge to Pettis. His striking offence is more fluid and precise IMHO. Cerrone may have the power advantage but I think Pettis would win the stand up exchange. Hope Pettis isn't rusty after the lay-off though. Pettis has better striking defence and quite the chin, I remember he took some bombs from Roller and Stephens.

What we can expect is an epic fight. What I hope to see is a Pettis victory so we can see Bendo-Pettis II (provided Bendo beats Melendez of course.)

Back