Who has better stand up, Pettis or Cerrone?

If it's a pure stand up fight, I favor Pettis. Cerrone could get it done but I doubt it; Pettis is a bit more technical, athletic and fast. The big question mark in this fight is how intelligently Cerrone fights. He has under rated wrestling, as he showed in his rematch against Jamie Varner. If he had used it against Diaz he may have won a decision; but his ego got the best of him and he went head hunting. Pettis does not have the best TDD. If Cerrone decides to play it safe, I can definitely see him taking a decision

Cerrone pi$$es me off. He has the skills to get it done, but he consistently underperforms.

2564012_o.gif

Good catch.
Maybe attempting to get Goldie's job lol.

I would give the edge to Pettis. His striking offence is more fluid and precise IMHO. Cerrone may have the power advantage but I think Pettis would win the stand up exchange. Hope Pettis isn't rusty after the lay-off though. Pettis has better striking defence and quite the chin, I remember he took some bombs from Roller and Stephens.

What we can expect is an epic fight. What I hope to see is a Pettis victory so we can see Bendo-Pettis II (provided Bendo beats Melendez of course.)

Perfect post. A+ :icon_lol:

No actually my mt coach got a truck load of muay thai fights on disc and asked him if he could pick out some mma fighters who he might have. I got to see a few cerrone, daley, condit, ludwig, manhoef, spong mt fights

Well in MMA Pettis has more head kick KOs then Cerrone has total KOs

Cowboy has more accurate technique, Pettis is more unpredictable and less prone to mental mistakes.

Their grappling will cancel each other out so this fight will come down to the standup game

So whos the better striker? I really cant pick one but with a gun to my head id say cerrone cos of his power even tho pettis is a wee bit quicker and doesnt lack power in his kicks either. His hands might let him down in this fight tho

So whos everyone picking in this certain fotn next week?

Pettis all day

does that count as a ko nowadays? I dont think it does

I don't think I said that it did. I recall the Cerrone kick basically Finishing Siver. I recall Anthony having to follow up as well.
Not a big deal either way. The bottom line to me is that they are both skilled, about equally. The bonus is that each can end a fight on a dime.

I don't think I said that it did. I recall the Cerrone kick basically Finishing Siver. I recall Anthony having to follow up as well.
Not a big deal either way. The bottom line to me is that they are both skilled, about equally. The bonus is that each can end a fight on a dime.

4.gif

that is not comparable to this

UFC-144-Pettis-KOs-Lauzon.gif

Last edited:
Back