Who had the most difficult run to a title shot?

MajJ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jon Fitch and Johny Hendricks had pretty tough runs but Fitch's run was full if decisions with one finish of Alves and Hendrick's run had a few split decisions... obviously finishing people will leas ti a greater claim for a TS so I think JDS had the most difficult run...

Werdum (tko)
Struve (tko)
Cro Cop (eye injury? )
Yvel (tko)
ManBearPig (tko)
Then Nelson and Carwin by lopsided decision

I know Brock getting ill had something to do with it, but with am amazing run like that with so many finishes, why wasn't JDS given a TS sooner?

The correct answer is Jon Fitch.

Acceptable alternative is Lyoto Machida (1st shot @ LHW)

Nick Diaz. Car getting broken into, bums looking for cigarette butts in his yard. Easily.

i wouldn't say Hendricks just because of the WW at the time, GSP was on the shelf for a year, and both Diaz and Condit were ahead of him on the Rankings

Jds by far,and easily and he dispatched everyone without a blip

Jds fought the number 1 contender in his debut and finished him in the first

Imagine Hendricks fighting whoever was the number 1 contender when he got started he would of probably got dominated.

brock_bio.png

I'm shocked there's anyone who would earn the name ManBearPig besides Roy Nelson.

Belfort right now. Bisping, Rockhold, Hendo, and now Sonnen.
Who faces this kind of comp and beats them besides champions?
His body is ready.

Werdum. He earned it in 2008 and he's still waiting in 2014. Also Fedor ducked Mirko for a long time with injuries and postponing the fight, etc..

The easiest path to a title shot was Lesnar, will never take UFC seriously for that one lol.

imo JDS. his 1st UFC fight was even against Werdum

Matt Brown...

I originally thought this was a disguised Matt Brown thread, but seeing someone actually post this answer makes it clear to me that I totally disagree with this notion.

JDS for sure.

Back