• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who had the luckiest win in UFC history?

Who had the luckiest win in UFC?

• Jones vs Smith; for Smith not taking the DQ win

• Belfort vs. Couture; for glove cutting eye

• Sterling vs. Yan; for DQ win

• Condit vs. McDonald; for early stoppage in a fight Condit was losing

• Mark Cole didn't have to fight finals to win belt

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Luke Rockhold vs Michael Bisping II

Rafael Dos Anjos vs Eddie Alvarez

I'm glad Vitor didn't lose that night.

I agree with Newton-Hughes.

Uriah Hall won a fight without throwing anything.

uriah-hall-chris-weidman-ufc-261-getty.jpg

It's nice seeing them again though late last year, with Chris walking normally again.

Great to see, but not surprising, Uriah is a nice guy. Too nice, probably.

Reactions: Gio
I’d say Matt Hamils win over Jones. I’m pretty sure the ref was yelling at Matt Hamill (deaf) asking him if was ok. Matt didn’t respond because he’s deaf. So they waived the fight off and DQ’d Jones for an illegal something or another.

Like…what? Still confuses me 15 something years later

Didn’t Hamill separate his shoulder or something and couldn’t continue and the ref called the DQ because of the 12-6 elbows that had absolutely nothing to do with the shoulder? Was long ago so I don’t remember the details but it was really suspect in one way or another.

Jones is lucky he broke his toe against the undefeated Chael Sonnen.

Sterling/Yan, at the least Belfort threw a punch and Condit won by being offensive.

Jose torres over jarred brooks (edit).

do you remember that fight where a guy was putting a beating in the other one, and them he slammed him out of the fight? he held the other one legs, kind of jumped and passed out. both of them were journeymen. was about like, 3 or 4 years ago. that was the craziest one ever.
Jarred Brooks is 17-2 and arguably beat the former champion.

Definatley other..

Yan vs sterling sucks and was a fluke i get it but how is an illegal attack dq luck?? People really are dumber in 2022

Ida said bisping vs silva or fedor vs henderson

Bisping was kod at the end of a round and the got to recover..

Fedor vs dan..
Fedor vs matt. 2 guys overhand right each other clean same time

Gsp hendricks

Jose torres over jarred brooks (edit).

do you remember that fight where a guy was putting a beating in the other one, and them he slammed him out of the fight? he held the other one legs, kind of jumped and passed out. both of them were journeymen. was about like, 3 or 4 years ago. that was the craziest one ever.
Link?

Sterling was gassed and well on his way to losing before Petr potato's out and kneed him.

Belfort win against Handy should not be up there. He threw a strike and it landed. Nothing lucky about that. Condit had literally smashed Rory orbital home into soup. 8 more seconds of that and Rory could have been blind for life. Tournaments can be like that so what ever about Coleman.

I voted Aljo. Won a title he was on his way to losing.

Smith would have been a bigger upset and I'd have said him if he had taken the "win".

Sakuraba vs Guy Mezger. Sakuraba didn't plan on losing a decision only to have racist judges demand another round leading to Shamrock telling Megzar to walk out causing Sakuraba to win via forfeit to go on to have his most epic battle against Royce Gracie which would be the start of his becoming "The Gracie Hunter."

Back