Who gets the Machida vs. Rashad vibe, from Wonderboy vs. Woodley

he leaves himself open to a ton of shots..also if you press him the only thing you have to look out for is his side kick which you should be able to grab and take his ass to the ground... Tyron is probably the worst match up he can have outside of GSP
Yeah, having your hands down low is something only few are capable of. We're talking about the Silva's, Cruz's, Ali's, Thompson's of the world. They get away with it because they're so damn fast and have amazing reflexes. Also, only a sidekick? Everytime Rory cornered him he got punched in the face and Thompson circled out. And really? You think it's as simple as catch his leg? Yeah, go and tell everyone he's beat how easy it is to take him down. They just had to catch his leg...

Anyways, undefeated in Kickboxing, number one WW contender, wins over a former champ and title contenders, exciting to watch and is for sure champ material. So I take it you're just a disgruntled Hendricks or Macdonald fan?

Machida is better than WB and T-Wood is better than Shad.

in b4 people who started watching MMA in 2014 disagree

shad is better than woodley, he was an undeafeated champion, woodley got dominated by rory

The question is clear, the similarities are numerous. Considering the epicness of Machida vs. Rashad...I hope it happens.

You have a champion, fresh off a win over a fan favorite & he doesn't want any part of the #1 contender. The #1 contender, who just happens to be a Karate master on an unbeaten streak that no one has figured out.

I strongly get this vibe & hope the fight happens.

I agree. Wonderboy will blitz that joker early, like he did with Hendricks.

I am and was a critic of machida during his run and frankly glad his hype is over

That said, he was/is much better than wonderboy. Much better. I don't go in with you on how "similar" the matchup is

Why not the Machida vs. Rampage or Davis feel?

Machida is better than WB and T-Wood is better than Shad.

in b4 people who started watching MMA in 2014 disagree

Actually its the exact opposite of what you said.

WB is better than Machida and prime Shad wrecks Woodley.

Woodley will fight smart. Otherwise he gets starched.

Standing with Wondrboy is suicide. Take him down.

Your right one is black and the other is white

Wonderboy has been wrecking everyone, the same way Machida was before he created Shadface... Rashad was a beast taking everyone down and usually outstriking them too.

Woodley is in trouble...

Oh, that's a fantastic comparison actually. That's exactly how I see it going, I think Wonderboy would put him away inside 1-2 rounds in a very similar fashion.

I started watching MMA in 1997. It was around when Vitor Belfort came in & tearing up the old UFC & there were VHS's at Blockbuster Video of Royce submitting TMA masters.
So you're a VHS noob then eh? I watched Helio bareknuckle fight on projector silent films. You know nothing, casual swine.

Yeah, having your hands down low is something only few are capable of. We're talking about the Silva's, Cruz's, Ali's, Thompson's of the world. They get away with it because they're so damn fast and have amazing reflexes. Also, only a sidekick? Everytime Rory cornered him he got punched in the face and Thompson circled out. And really? You think it's as simple as catch his leg? Yeah, go and tell everyone he's beat how easy it is to take him down. They just had to catch his leg...

Anyways, undefeated in Kickboxing, number one WW contender, wins over a former champ and title contenders, exciting to watch and is for sure champ material. So I take it you're just a disgruntled Hendricks or Macdonald fan?

weidman-ko-silva.jpg

against a shit box wrestler

Championship wishes and karate-is-back dreams.

I do think Woodley is smarter than Hendricks in that he would get the Thompson fight to the ground.

As far as a repeat of the Shadface era... Machida had a solid grappling game when he fought Rashad. Thompson doesn't have that game. Not much for Woodley to fuss about in a grappling exchange.

Very different fights.

weidman-ko-silva.jpg

against a shit box wrestler
I can't see your images, so I'm assuming you're referring to Hendricks. And yeah, he has a left hand and really solid wrestling, that's it. But the impressive part is that he was able to put him away in dominant fashion like no one had ever done before. And let's not forget were talking about a guy who went 10 rounds with Lawler and arguably beat GSP.

Also, he beat Rory Macdonald in dominant fashion. You act like that fight didn't happen. So, I'm just going to assume you're a Rory fan or a Tyrone fan.

What a terrible comparison. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back