Who gets the Machida vs. Rashad vibe, from Wonderboy vs. Woodley

ButterStoch

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The question is clear, the similarities are numerous. Considering the epicness of Machida vs. Rashad...I hope it happens.

You have a champion, fresh off a win over a fan favorite & he doesn't want any part of the #1 contender. The #1 contender, who just happens to be a Karate master on an unbeaten streak that no one has figured out.

I strongly get this vibe & hope the fight happens.

Machida is better than WB and T-Wood is better than Shad.

in b4 people who started watching MMA in 2014 disagree

Shad was unbeaten. Woodley is an anomaly, he wasn't supposed to be there

People seriously underestimate teh shad.

Sucks for Wonderboy guess he can Fight Maia Gastelum & Condit till Woodley gets stripped because that money fight shit is not happening , they will pay GSP or Nick big $ but sorry to Tyron he just is not getting payed big.
vfcyg9.gif

I started watching MMA in 1997. It was around when Vitor Belfort came in & tearing up the old UFC & there were VHS's at Blockbuster Video of Royce submitting TMA masters.

He's 57-0 in Kickboxing and only has one loss on his mma record that happened four years ago, I say he's fairly rated.

he leaves himself open to a ton of shots..also if you press him the only thing you have to look out for is his side kick which you should be able to grab and take his ass to the ground... Tyron is probably the worst match up he can have outside of GSP

The question is clear, the similarities are numerous. Considering the epicness of Machida vs. Rashad...I hope it happens.

You have a champion, fresh off a win over a fan favorite & he doesn't want any part of the #1 contender. The #1 contender, who just happens to be a Karate master on an unbeaten streak that no one has figured out.

I strongly get this vibe & hope the fight happens.
Matt Brown wrecked him.

Jake Ellenberger had him on queer street.

Woodley will shatter that aura of invincibility.

Sucks for Wonderboy guess he can Fight Maia Gastelum & Condit till Woodley gets stripped because that money fight shit is not happening , they will pay GSP or Nick big $ but sorry to Tyron he just is not getting payed big.
vfcyg9.gif
You do know Woodley made more money than Robbie did right? The man gets paid that's for sure.

I'm talking about the similarities. They will both be beaten again, just like Machida & Evans.

I'm talking about "the moment". If this fight actually happens...the expectations. What other fight is a better parallel, if not that one?

he leaves himself open to a ton of shots..also if you press him the only thing you have to look out for is his side kick which you should be able to grab and take his ass to the ground... Tyron is probably the worst match up he can have outside of GSP

Tell that to Hendricks.

I agree that Woodley is a bad matchup for Thompson.

You do know Woodley made more money than Robbie did right? The man gets paid that's for sure.
That can't possibly be true. If he had a higher disclosed pay than Lawler, then Lawler probably got more PPV points.

Not only that, but Kevin Randleman-like is The Young Assassin, Melvin Guillard.

Started watching mma way before 2014 and you are wrong about T-wood being better than shad. He has never displayed the ability to put together striking and grappling as effectively as rashad. Rashad had a competitive fight with Jon Jones for fuck's sake! Woodley is not on that level all he has is takedowns with no ground and pound and KO power on the feet. He is a good fighter but nowhere near rashads skill level. I don't even fucking like rashad much but he's Highly skilled in all areas and woodley isn't. Also their cardio levels are vastly different.

Back