Who Else Thinks That Machida Would Destroy Gustafsson

FightOrDie007

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even though Shogun and Rampage beat him Machida has the most left in the tank and is the one guy out of these three who can still hang at the very top and beat the up and coming killers like Gustafsson. Gus is very hittable and can be taken down also, honestly I think Machida would put on another masterful classy performance and own him. Trust me, Gus wouldnt take that fight with him if Hendo couldnt fight Machida. At the post fight pressier Gus was saying that he wants to take a fight instead of waiting for Jones, but then when asked if he would fight Machida he quickly retracted and said how he would have to consult his team before answering that. He wants none of him!!

I could see him getting caught with a straight left and getting dropped.

Even though Shogun and Rampage beat him Machida has the most left in the tank and is the one guy out of these three who can still hang at the very top and beat the up and coming killers like Gustafsson. Gus is very hittable and can be taken down also, honestly I think Machida would put on another masterful classy performance and own him. Trust me, Gus wouldnt take that fight with him if Hendo couldnt fight Machida. At the post fight pressier Gus was saying that he wants to take a fight instead of waiting for Jones, but then when asked if he would fight Machida he quickly retracted and said how he would have to consult his team before answering that. He wants none of him!!

Yes, because it's two months away. I think he'll fight him and I think he'll beat him.

Alexander has better boxing, taller, better chin, equally good with kicks, and has youth over Machida.

That being said, Machida is phenomenal at distance so the reach advantage might not matter; it is a great fight, but I would confidently favor Alexander.

Gustafsson is laughably overrated on here. He would lose to Machida, Rashad, Hendo and Jones.

i don't see anyone destroying gustafsson. if machida were to win, it'd be a close decision.

Nah. Not destroy. Gustaffson is legit. I want to see this guy dance with Jones. He's got the size, at least.

I don't think guys without the $$$ can beat machida too easily. You need to hire lots of trainers and spend alot of money on camps that they don't have.

Gustafsson is laughably overrated on here. He would lose to Machida, Rashad, Hendo and Jones.

so you say he'd lose to 4 top 5 guys, and that makes gustafsson overrated? you sir, are an idiot.

also, he'd whip rashad's and hendo's asses.

The shots Gus was able to take from Shogun to me suggest that he'd be able to take what Machida has to offer on the way of hustling him out of his comfort zone.

Its not glass but Lyoto's chin is clearly a level below Shogun/Hendo/Gus and when he's really pushed standing his boxing defence is to me very questionable aswell.

Last edited:
evans would get shad'faced all over again. probably worse this time.

Eh..Rashad might grapple Alexander to death to be quite honest. Look at what Rashad Evans did to Phil Davis, no catching up that Alexander has done in his grappling would be able to dominate Phil Davis the way Rashad Evans did. That being said, styles make match ups, and Alexander might be able to keep Rashad on the outside with his length and reach, toss up fight in my opinion.

Machida is the most overrated fighter in mma history. Dan is going to ko him and Gus would do the same.

Yeah, because if you lose to those four and no one else in the entire world in your weight class, surely you must suck :rolleyes:

Machida could flash KO him with a counter punch or something but I don't consider that destruction; or likely.

i think that machida would have the best chance to make gustafsson look lost because of his very elusive style.

Back