Who Else Thinks That Machida Would Destroy Gustafsson

so you say he'd lose to 4 top 5 guys, and that makes gustafsson overrated? you sir, are an idiot.

also, he'd whip rashad's and hendo's asses.

No you dense prick, you're the idiot. Gus is being talked of as if he is the heir apparent to Bones, and thus he is wildly overrated, as the level of guys below Jones would destroy him, never mind Jones himself.

Rashad would take Gus down and dominate him, almost as easily as Phil Davis did. Hendo would probably knock him out, Dan is a cut above.

Gus is being talked of as if he is the heir apparent to Bones
No, he isn't. You're just making it up that he is.

, and thus he is wildly overrated
No, he isn't. Most people is pegging him just right, as a perennial top 5-7 LHW that could win or lose against the top 5.

Rashad would take Gus down and dominate him, almost as easily as Phil Davis did.
PhiL Davis didn't take Gustafsson down easily. And hey, maybe Rashad would dominate him, but then I want to see it happen, not read Sherdog posters of the lower intelligence class write about it.

Hendo would probably knock him out, Dan is a cut above.
Gustaffson could also easily outstrike Hendo on the feet and keep distance for a decision. Again, rather see this happen then reading fantasies from people whose opinion is poorly informed and of little value.

evans would get shad'faced all over again. probably worse this time.

really-tell-me-more.gif

Alexander has better boxing, taller, better chin, equally good with kicks, and has youth over Machida.

That being said, Machida is phenomenal at distance so the reach advantage might not matter; it is a great fight, but I would confidently favor Alexander.

How does Gustafson have a better kicking game? Please explain? His boxing and footwork are good but his kickboxing and MT game are nothing to write home about.

I think Gustaf is a great fighter but I could see Machida taking this fight.

Not destroy, but outpoint him. Lyoto has better kicks and better footwork. Gus doesn't have the kicks to throw him off his game, damage him. Lyoto's more accurate and has little wind-up in his kicks and punches, which is why his defense tends to work well.

The thing that makes this tough for him is his limited punching arsenal compared to Gus'. He'd need to stay on his toes, pick his shots and not get in a brawl (what he usually does except for shorter combos to evade Gus' counters).

Lyoto won't be able to hold him down if he gets a TD, he's not strong there, and Alex escapes well. Gus' chin is also too good, he'd take Lyoto's shots to land his own.

It'll be competitive, and one of the LHW fights I'd be the most interested in. If there's gonna be a finish, it's by Gus. If it goes the duration where neither gets hurt (tech for tech), I'd lean towards Lyoto.

No, he isn't. You're just making it up that he is.

No, he isn't. Most people is pegging him just right, as a perennial top 5-7 LHW that could win or lose against the top 5.

PhiL Davis didn't take Gustafsson down easily. And hey, maybe Rashad would dominate him, but then I want to see it happen, not read Sherdog posters of the lower intelligence class write about it.

Gustaffson could also easily outstrike Hendo on the feet and keep distance for a decision. Again, rather see this happen then reading fantasies from people whose opinion is poorly informed and of little value.

What a completely pointless post. So you'd rather see things happen than read about them? You evidently don't understand the concept of a forum then, so best leave as you will only be continually disappointed, as fights don't happen here, opinions do. Unbelievable.

How does Gustafson have a better kicking game? Please explain? His boxing and footwork are good but his kickboxing and MT game are nothing to write home about.

I think Gustaf is a great fighter but I could see Machida taking this fight.

I never said Gustafson has better kicks, please read it again, I said equally as good with kicks. Gustafson has vicious front kicks and lands it with accuracy, Machida is more accurate with his kicks, but for the most part, Alexander lands with more power, so for me they are quite even in this department.

Machida could defintely win this fight, but I would confidently favor Alexander (For reasons already mentioned). If Machida can keep the fight at his range, stuffing take downs and winning the exchanges, he could win it.

Eh..Rashad might grapple Alexander to death to be quite honest. Look at what Rashad Evans did to Phil Davis, no catching up that Alexander has done in his grappling would be able to dominate Phil Davis the way Rashad Evans did. That being said, styles make match ups, and Alexander might be able to keep Rashad on the outside with his length and reach, toss up fight in my opinion.

evans was able to shoot on phil because he had absolutely no respect for davis's striking. he won't have that luxury if he were to face gustafsson. alex's striking would force rashad to choose his shots more carefully, while at the same time he'd have to be very careful with what's been a porous striking defense because if gustafsson catches him he'd get ko'd.

Gustafsson has a great chance to win. At first I thought Machida would win handily, but after a few of these threads and in light of the Shogun fight, I don't think Machida could KO him.

He's the taller guy with the longer reach, good kicks, a good clinch game, decent hands, etc.

gotta love sherdog. In the same thread we are informed that both Machida and Gus are criminally over rated fighters.

evans would get shad'faced all over again. probably worse this time.

Rashad would take Gus down and Gus would stay down until Rashad decided to let him up. Phil Davis had absolutely nothing for Rashad, and he mauled "The Mauler." MMA math might usually be terrible, but in this instance I think it's safe to make that assumption.

Gus is not as well rounded as Machida, doesn't use his reach as well as JJ (Machida won Rd 1 against JJ), and his defense is fairly weak. I see Lyoto either outpointing Gus or closing the distance, taking him down and submitting him.

What a completely pointless post. So you'd rather see things happen than read about them? You evidently don't understand the concept of a forum then, so best leave as you will only be continually disappointed, as fights don't happen here, opinions do. Unbelievable.

I don't think you understand the concept of a forum.

It's to DISCUSS matters, but you don't.

"Gustafsson is laughably overrated on here. He would lose to Machida, Rashad, Hendo and Jones. "

That is not laying the groundwork for any actual discussion, only contradiction in the form of "yes it is" vs "no, it isn't".

Nowhere in your posts do you offer any real analysis or insight into why he would lose, which to be fair is because you're probably unable to supply due to general lack of knowledge and intelligence. You just resort to your Video Game view of the world where X will always lose against Y because he is higher in the rankings or whatever.

Back