Who drinks alone?

Alcoholics.

Definitely alcoholics.

There is nothing inherently worse about drinking alone than there is drinking with other people, it's the exact same thing. This is something that's always bugged me, countless alcoholics/binge drinkers get passes as social drinkers because they've found friends who have problems just as bad as they do. Drinking around those people doesn't change anything though.

Like I said earlier, when I started drinking alone I realized that the only reason I had been maintaining such a large number of friendships was because I wanted people to drink with so I could continue lying to myself about my problem. Drinking alone didn't make things any worse than they already had been. There are just as many people who drink alone and have it under control as there are people who drink socially and do the same thing, the whole drinking alone being a sign of an alcoholic is a load of shit.

2-3 beers or most of a bottle of wine is all I will drink by myself.

If I am home alone, (live in GF so its rare) I will very rarely finish a 6 pack while watching a movie while eating a pack or two of Lattice bisuits.

There was a point in my life where I was frustrated at how far I had to drive to hang with my friends and I considered doing this. I ended up never doing it and now have friends close-by.

The only time I've gone out alone and drank was when I thought I totaled my car cause the timing belt broke. I drank and ate a ton of lounge fries at some bar I could walk to. It actually cleared my mind and it all ended up being fine. I don't suggest handling your situations like that but that's been my one experience. Alcohol doesn't solve anything in the long run.

i drink quite heavily, but never alone. once in a while ill GO OUT alone, but booze is always better with someone to talk to, even the bartender, preferably sluts though. drinking alone is just boring to me

also i never could get into having 2-3 beers and watching a game or somthing, for me its either we are DRINKING or ill just have water or a gatorade or somthing

I drink alone all the time. My thoughts on drinking:

[YT]Jlti3mjaXV0[/YT]

you can't paint everyone with such a broad brush. if you get wasted, then yeah, you're losing at life. if you get a decent buzz going while maintaining sanity, then it's perfectly fine.

i see it the same way that i do marijuana. many people, especially those in washington state and colorado, among other places, do the same thing with marijuana. get high and relax. it's the same thing as drinking a few beers and getting a buzz.

people need to get past the social stigma that goes with drinking alone.

Getting drunk and watching game of thrones alone. Wife going to work, kids asleep. No fucks given.

you can't paint everyone with such a broad brush. if you get wasted, then yeah, you're losing at life. if you get a decent buzz going while maintaining sanity, then it's perfectly fine.

i see it the same way that i do marijuana. many people, especially those in washington state and colorado, among other places, do the same thing with marijuana. get high and relax. it's the same thing as drinking a few beers and getting a buzz.

people need to get past the social stigma that goes with drinking alone.

Except I can smoke 15 blunts and go driving and not kill anyone. Lol.

I drink when I feel like it. When I'm with friends, with girlfriend or alone. If you feel it's becoming a problem you should stop. Why make such a big deal out of it?

Basically this.

I do drink by myself about 2-3 nights a week. I will have 2-3 beers before bed, never enough to get drunk. If there are fights on, then I will kill a growler or a 4/6 pack and call it a night.

I drink alone here in my place. Outside, I start to drink even if a friend/s or a female company is on the way.

"i drink alone, all by myself...."

yeah i drink alone, my gf is usually with me but she dsnt drink much

Lol. I just finished a nice drink I made. I am all by myself in the house. I drink alone often and used to all the time.

I drink with my sherbros.

I laughed harder at this than I should have

I never understood this mindset. I like the taste of a good beer...but it's because I associate it with the buzz. If beer was non alcoholic, nobody would drink it because even the best beer in the world tastes like shit, if there is no buzz. If you don't drink alcohol to get drunk, wtf is the point? Just have a pepsi instead.

Wrong. You obviously don't drink good beer. Good beer >>>>>>>>>> Pepsi.

I don't feel a buzz at all after one beer or glass of wine, but I drink one all the time with a good meal.

Back