Who drinks alone?

dildos

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I have started to look back at my behaviour over the years and there was a period of time when I just drank alone on my own heaps. This was during a time when I was depressed, and it was either drink or smoke weed (prescrption drugs such as valium and xanax were mixed in aswell sometimes) every night after work - im an accountant for those wondering what I do for work. I got bored of weed so I hit the drinks.

Probably for a period of 1-1.5 years id be drinking alone nearly every night when I got home after work. Most of the time if I smashed a bottle of wine that night id take one xanny or val. Some times id have a half bottle of spirits and do the same. The only time id leave the prescriptions out of the game was when I aimed to finish a bottle of spirits or two bottles of wine. Depending on really how I felt influenced what I was going to do. It does sound stupid to say that it was an aim to finish a bottle of scotch in one night after work, but you know when your depressed, you do anything to get a kick and have that warm feeling inside of you, and this was what I thought was a good way to get it.

After the first few weeks, maybe a month or so it got a bit weird going to the same bottle shop every day. The workers would serve me albeit begrudgingly and give me odd looks like looks that gave the impression 'What the fuck are you doing with your self buddy'. After I realised this I scouted out a different bottle shop for what ever I felt like drinking. Each bottle shop was close and id see each one once a week. The funniest thing is that even if I went out drinking with friends (yes surprisingly I managed to have friends when I was depressed and behaving like this) id not get drunk with them, I tended to only hang drinking with them for maybe 2 hours while drinking and then id get something on the way home.

I started to take a look at my self and I hated everything I saw. I cant remember what was the trigger, whether it was mediocre performances at work (before this time period I was a standout worker), friends kindof icing me out or maybe me just icing myself out away from my friends, or friends and family starting to get concern. What ever the reason was (it was actually a mixture of family and work related things, I decided to change everything I could to make things better. The first thing I did was pour all my alcohol out into the toilet. This was hard. I used to start to buy for in advance. So i think I remember pouring out 5 bottles of scotch 3 bottles of bourban and maybe 10 bottles of wine. I actually stopped drinking cold turkey when I did this. This was around 2.5 years ago. The next thing I did was flush the prescription drugs, this was done much later. I still wanted to keep some incase, just for kicks..

I can say that I went sober for over a year it was actually closer to 18 months, and that I am a new man due to it. It was killing me while I was slowly killing myself. It was such a shit period but it just seemed like something that helped with the depression I was battling at the time.

So sherbros just wondering if there are any of you that drink alone or did do periods like me where it was a thing that you did.

I'll have a beer or 2 while im by myself but i dont get shitfaced on my own

Well, I'll drink alone if I come home drunk after a night out occasionally. Other than that, I'll have the odd beer or a bit of whiskey by myself, but I generally don't get trashed on my own. I'd much rather be around other people if I'm drinking.

I drink a lot less when I drink alone. I'll catch a buzz, but I've only gotten wasted with crowds.

I drink twice a week (Saturday and Sunday night) weather I'm alone or not. I get a good buzz while watching my shows before bed.

I have but I only drink probably a couple times a year if at all.

I'll have a beer or 2 while im by myself but i dont get shitfaced on my own

Pretty much the same thing I was going to say. I'll have a drink or two alone, but rarely (if ever really) more than that. I have a decent tolerance, so a drink or two doesn't really inebriate me much

I drink when I feel like it. When I'm with friends, with girlfriend or alone. If you feel it's becoming a problem you should stop. Why make such a big deal out of it?

I've been known to get trashed buy myself when im bored. Not so much anymore but hey why not.

If I'm meeting people later i'll sometimes have a can or two as a head start, but apart from that very rarely.

A fair bit, and I take prescription drugs for depression and anxiety.

I don't drink, but I do not have anything against it also long as you are mindful of what you are doing and don't get behind the wheel. Drinking alone and enjoying it may have more to do with introversion than being an alcoholic. Although, if you are an extrovert and you find yourself drinking alone quite often, there may be a problem.

I do. I come home from work, have a couple glasses of scotch or whiskey, or a few beers. no depression, just relaxin after work.

I do, mostly. On Fridays and sometimes Saturdays.

I used to. Don't drink alcohol at all anymore, though.

When I look back over my drinking career and younger years in general, I realize that the only reason I ever maintained a large number of friends was so that I'd feel justified in drinking all the time because I had people I was hanging out with. It was a huge turning point for me when I started drinking alone because it made me acutely aware of the fact that drinking was the focal point of every social activity and/or friendship I had ever cared about. I feel that this is true of many drinkers but people don't tend to be introspective to that degree and really want to think of themselves as having a problem until it's completely out of control.

I like drinking by myself but I don't drink nearly as much when I am alone.

Back