who doesnt eat grains, carb questions

maravillin

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
1just interested in who doesnt eat grains and why?

2 who eats low carb, avoiding fruit?

3 will blueberries and steel cut oats help brain function?

4 i know carbs help mass gain but do they help Strength gain?

5 do carbs help recovery?

6 does dairy like full fat cottage cheese or greek yogurt help any of the above and will it hurt my diet?

i have been living a primal diet for the last 4 months and i feel, and train fantastic but these questions remain, thanks for the feedback

I don't eat grains anymore but do eat carbs. I eat potatoes, beans, other vegetables, fruits, peanuts and milk which all contain carbs. I'm just not sure if grains are healthy so I don't eat them. But who knows, maybe in the end we did adapt to grains and are avoiding them for nothing.

Most of my carbs come from rolled oats. I do not think that carbs are bad or whatever as some may think they are.

The key is finding foods that you and your body like and that you can stick with as far as eating to reach your goals.

Keep a solid, balanced diet and stick with good real food and find what you like and stick with it.

I find it easier to avoid cheating if you eat foods that you like and carbs and grains are not the devil if you ask me

I'm eating a lot of grains at the moment and my strength gains are better than ever.

1. I avoid them (grains) whenever possible due to putting stock in what I've read about their negative properties, and I enjoy getting most of my calories from grass fed/pastured birds, bovines, and dairy.

2. I don't avoid fruit at the moment, but limit servings.

3. This depends on how functional your brain is now...

4. If you're training for strength gains, sure, but so will more meat and rest...

5. You need to be more specific.

6. Will dairy help you AND hurt your diet? This leads me back to #3...

I cycle. I stopped eating grains and other carbs besides fruits and veggies and my acid reflux and gastritis subsided. Since then I have re-introduced in cycles to facilitate weight gain.

read the Zero Carb thread, the answers you are seeking are in there.

I just try and keep my carbs under 50g a day and don't eat any grains at all, seems to be working nicely for effortless weight loss.

1. I avoid them (grains) whenever possible due to putting stock in what I've read about their negative properties, and I enjoy getting most of my calories from grass fed/pastured birds, bovines, and dairy.

2. I don't avoid fruit at the moment, but limit servings.

3. This depends on how functional your brain is now...

4. If you're training for strength gains, sure, but so will more meat and rest...

5. You need to be more specific.

6. Will dairy help you AND hurt your diet? This leads me back to #3...

But the question here is how effective the body is in making carbs out of protein and fat since unless you are doing keto (under 30 carbs a day) the body uses carbs as energy source.

But the question here is how effective the body is in making carbs out of protein and fat since unless you are doing keto (under 30 carbs a day) the body uses carbs as energy source.

gtfo.jpg

I also realize I was consuming grains at most of my dinners when I cut from 190 to 155 lbs in 3 months. I was probably in the best shape of my life in terms of cardio/conditioning at that time as well.

I also realize I was consuming grains at most of my dinners when I cut from 190 to 155 lbs in 3 months. I was probably in the best shape of my life in terms of cardio/conditioning at that time as well.

I got into the best cardio/endurance shape of my life avoiding grains entirely for several months.

I got into the best cardio/endurance shape of my life avoiding grains entirely for several months.

My gripe with this subforum has always been with the overemphasis of certain results of diet. Was it really the diet or the training? I don't know about your training at all, but I'm willing to bet you could have had similar results eating grains. I also feel that I could have had similar results as I had if I would have avoided grains. I'll always be in the camp that puts a lot more emphasis on training than diet. Sure, diet is part of the equation, but it's all about context.

I did CKD for around 3 months and lost a good amount of weight but i was tired all the time.

So what you really are saying is : " I have no clue but I won't get anything in the way of my little anti grain paleo/primal world".

Next time just say that you don't know the answer and your low carb diet is based on speculation and hype.

Ouch, I just pwned you ;)

My gripe with this subforum has always been with the overemphasis of certain results of diet. Was it really the diet or the training? I don't know about your training at all, but I'm willing to bet you could have had similar results eating grains. I also feel that I could have had similar results as I had if I would have avoided grains. I'll always be in the camp that puts a lot more emphasis on training than diet. Sure, diet is part of the equation, but it's all about context.

Well, this IS a diet focused subforum, as opposed to a training focused subform. That said I completely agree with you regarding the contextual perspective. The training you're doing, combined with diet, is what makes the results. That's certainly what made my results, one or the other alone wouldn't have gotten me as far in terms of performance.

My personal gripe with grains themselves are the negative properties they have that I happen to buy into, from a health perspective, not an athletes performance perspective. There's a lot of debate on this stuff, so I don't really get zealous about it nowadays, but I'm undoubtedly on the no grain side.

At this point I've worked on my menu at home such that it does not include grains at all in my meals during the week. I save them for the cheats, ie, cookies and beer :)

1just interested in who doesnt eat grains and why?

2 who eats low carb, avoiding fruit?

3 will blueberries and steel cut oats help brain function?

4 i know carbs help mass gain but do they help Strength gain?

5 do carbs help recovery?

6 does dairy like full fat cottage cheese or greek yogurt help any of the above and will it hurt my diet?

i have been living a primal diet for the last 4 months and i feel, and train fantastic but these questions remain, thanks for the feedback

I'm on a High Protein/High Fat diet. The idea is to eat fewer than 30g of carbs a day (I try to stay between 10-20) to force your body into ketosis. I try to eat 1g protein and 1g fat per 1 pound. Usually the only carbs I have are in my protein shakes, milk or occasional sauce or dressing. Stay away from sugars. Learn the nutrientional content of fruits and veggies (i.e. Avocados have about 8 carbs and high in good fat). Then I cycle every other sat and sun and try to eat 200g of carbs over the weekend.

Sucks for a couple days but then I feel great until I eat carbs again. Great way to burn fat and build muscle with minimal effort.

So what you really are saying is : " I have no clue but I won't get anything in the way of my little anti grain paleo/primal world".

Next time just say that you don't know the answer and your low carb diet is based on speculation and hype.

Ouch, I just pwned you ;)

You would have had to have asked me a question, then have had that question make sense, in order for me to answer you. You get more fucking retarded with every post.

penn_jillette.gif

Last edited:
Well, this IS a diet focused subforum, as opposed to a training focused subform. That said I completely agree with you regarding the contextual perspective. The training you're doing, combined with diet, is what makes the results. That's certainly what made my results, one or the other alone wouldn't have gotten me as far in terms of performance.

My personal gripe with grains themselves are the negative properties they have that I happen to buy into, from a health perspective, not an athletes performance perspective. There's a lot of debate on this stuff, so I don't really get zealous about it nowadays, but I'm undoubtedly on the no grain side.

At this point I've worked on my menu at home such that it does not include grains at all in my meals during the week. I save them for the cheats, ie, cookies and beer :)

I keep my diet principles pretty basic. No matter what, get enough protein, eat green veggies, and take fish oil. Other than that, I'm pretty much a calorie in vs. calorie out coupled with common sense type guy.

I have no problem with people eating however they want, but I guess I'm like the devil's advocate on this forum. I like to be the guy to point out that you don't have to drastically alter your diet unless you eat like a complete fucktard. Most of the debates seem to be about such minor things. I would say a very small percent of the population that is near their genetic potential need to worry about such small alterations.

And yes...I am also starting to think that Jaedong is special.

You would have had to have asked me a question, then have had that question make sense, in order for me to answer you. You get more fucking retarded with every post.

penn_jillette.gif

You know it was a question, don't pretend to be even more stupid then you already are. So here in idiot proof form : How effectively does the body use fat and protein as energy, what does the body do with all the extra fat (fat consumed above the minimal nutritional fat needs)? Also +95 of top athletes do eat high carb.

Back