Who does Marquardt come in and fight in the UFC?

Saffediene needs to be signed as well btw. I could see Saff beating a guy like Kampmann and some others.

Let him fight Hendricks so we can see a for sure #1 contender cause Nate isn't no slouch

Rory macdonald is the best fight for Nate imo

My preference is Hendricks or Condit, but I think he may need a fight below them since he has been out.

WW division is stacked, Nate should have a fight or two before getting a shot.

GSP and Nate have gone on record saying that they would fight if it was for the title.

I don't think anybody needs to see Nate fight Anderson again. If he can continue to make the weight, WW is a great division for him.

I agree Nates ben on a tear at ww and looks great there, but I do remember goerge at one time saying he wouldn't move up to MW because nate was going for the title there.

But that was along time ago, it's quite possible i suppose that george feels differently about defending his ww title against anyone, than he does going after a different title his friends are at the same time.

Marquardt vs Ellenberger would be awesome.

I agree Nates ben on a tear at ww and looks great there, but I do remember goerge at one time saying he wouldn't move up to MW because nate was going for the title there.

But that was along time ago, it's quite possible i suppose that george feels differently about defending his ww title against anyone, than he does going after a different title his friends are at the same time.

http://www.******.co.uk/2012/07/17/nate-marquardt-would-fight-georges-st-pierre-if-given-the-chance/

Link doesn't work, so here is the quote: "I have competed everywhere in the world and I know my skills and abilities. Of course, I have to prove that I am the best, but I truly feel that I am the best. You got believe you are the best if you are the fighter. If you don't believe you're the best, then why are you doing it, you know? I got to believe that, and of course I believe I am better than everyone else, so. It's not a shot at Georges, personally. You, know, we have talked about it, but we will have to cross that bridge when we get there. It's, we know it is a possibility so. Yes, if that's, how it has to be, then so be it."

Marquardt vs Ellenberger would be awesome.

Saffiedine vs Kampmann also, Tarec could beat Kampmann.

Saffiedine has some serious combos and alright pop to go with it, but Marquardt is too big, too fast, and too good for Saffiedine not to alternate between getting roughed up against the cage and then takedn down and grapple-forked. The guy's standup is awesome though, and I'd love to see him matched up with somebody like Matt Brown in the UFC.

See how he fares against the big wrestlers like Fitch, kos, ellenberger, DHK etc to see if he handles it better than at MW against sonnen.

Let's see how he does against Tarec first. Dude has had like one fight at WW.

If Hendricks beats Ellenberger then Marquardt vs winner of Rory/Condit, with Marquardt to get a shot with a win.
If Ellenberger beats Hendricks then Marquardt vs Ellenberger for a shot.

I think Marquardt's top 5 MW mainstay status should grant him a shorter road to the title, and he'd wreck too many contenders if forced to win two or three fights before getting a shot.

if he wins his SF fight, then it should be GSP. The precedent is set.

Back