Who does Marquardt come in and fight in the UFC?

He's a title holder. The final SF WW champ. He should get a unification fight against GS/Diaz winner. If he wins he next fight of course.

Hendo got two unification fights because he was the last Pride WW/MW champ

Diaz would have gotten an immediate unification shot as the SF WW champ when he came over, but he jumped out of a window instead of going to a press conference.

Rory vs Condit winner.

This. He wont be ready to fight again in March and this fight would be a great number 1 contender fight (provided he wins next month of course).

He's a title holder. The final SF WW champ. He should get a unification fight against GS/Diaz winner. If he wins he next fight of course.

Hendo got two unification fights because he was the last Pride WW/MW champ

Diaz would have gotten an immediate unification shot as the SF WW champ when he came over, but he jumped out of a window instead of going to a press conference.

If Marquardt beats Saffediene I don't think he should get an immediate title shot unless Ellenberger barely scrapes by Hendricks.

Strikeforce is/was a great promotion but it is nowhere near the level of PRIDE. Strikeforce champs should have to fight for #1 contender fight unless they have been defending for a long time (Melendez, Diaz etc.). Rockhold and Marquardt imo should have to fight a #1 contender fight unless their division's contenders get all messed up and there is no clear #1 contender. That said, I would not complain if Marquardt got an immediate shot, I would root for him against GSP and Diaz

I agree Nates ben on a tear at ww and looks great there, but I do remember goerge at one time saying he wouldn't move up to MW because nate was going for the title there.

But that was along time ago, it's quite possible i suppose that george feels differently about defending his ww title against anyone, than he does going after a different title his friends are at the same time.

A 1 fight tear?

Fitch, Koscheck, Siyar, Robbie Lawler, Hughes, Belcher, Weidman, Bisping

Saffiedine is being slept on big time. He's a much tougher fight for Nate on the feet than Woodley. Nate will look to grind out a decision in this one.

Rory vs Condit's winner
or...
Stungun vs Siyar's winner

Pull Ellenberger out of there and put Marquardt against Hendricks for the next title challenger.

Winner of Condit/MacDonald, or Nick after GSP beats him.

Rory Condit winner, throw it on a fox card.

Back