Who does Jacare beat comfortably in the UFC?

i think he could beat a lot of the MW division..the top3-5 will be tough, but he'll put up great fights against all of them imo..he's one tough, skilled dude

i think most of guys from strikeforce will do poorly. jacare will easily become a top 10 mw if he keeps working. he looked huge and his striking is getting better. his wrestling looks good and his ground game is above elite. he'll do better than rockhold, even though he lost to him.

i'd confidently pick jacare over current top 10 MWs stann, munoz and costa.

slightly favor him in a rematch with rockhold.

weidman and okami are tossups.

lombard, bisping and belfort are pretty bad matchups for jacare, good TDD, power (well not so much bisping) and good striking.

lombard and vitor tend to fade pretty quick though, so i could see jacare taking over the fight if it went past the 1st.

anderson would eat jacare alive, but that fight will likely never happen anyway.

i'd confidently pick jacare over current top 10 MWs stann, munoz and costa.

slightly favor him in a rematch with rockhold.

weidman and okami are tossups.

lombard, bisping and belfort are pretty bad matchups for jacare, good TDD, power (well not so much bisping) and good striking.

lombard and vitor tend to fade pretty quick though, so i could see jacare taking over the fight if it went past the 1st.

anderson would eat jacare alive, but that fight will likely never happen anyway.

if jacare could get silva to the ground in the first i would bet he has a good chance at getting the sub. silva isn't that great on the ground. the trick is getting him to the ground.

I think that Jacare will be a mid-tier fighter in the UFC at best though he is good. He's a bit undersized. I think he loses to the bispings weidmans and belforts of the division. I think he beats the okamis, belchers, phillipou and belows.

Like to see him vs. Lombard to see where he's at.

Thoughts?

Okami is not mid-tier, nor is Belcher.

Okami will prolly win against him a close decision. I hope they meet somewhere down the road. Another match up I wanna see him is against Lombard

Great analysis.

About Weidman I do think tough that Chris wrestling would neutralize Jacare. Especially in scrambling positions. Further on I think that Weidman would win a comfortable decision. And Jacare - Munoz would probably look a bit more like Munoz - Maia. It was Weidman's dominant wrestling that outstruck Munoz, before he knocked him down with his elbow standing.

I think Jacare will have a tough time in the top 10 of the UFC MW division. He is improving with every passing fight, so you never know. I think he could definitely make his way towards the belt, but I don't think it will be an easy road by any means.

Jacare gets dropped into the meat grinder that is the top 15 along with all the rest.

Anyone in it can beat anyone else, depending on gameplans, injuries and pure chance.

I would favour most MW in the top 10 against Jacare, though. For various reasons. Training partners aside, he hasn't really had to deal with many top competitors in his career, and 33 years of age might be too late to start.

I think the only MWs he could beat comfortably are Stann, and Okami. I think someone like Bisping would be a TERRIBLE match up for him. Bisping has some amazing BJJ when it comes to defense, and he can defend TDs easy, I highly doubt Jacare would get Bisping down. Bisping wouild definitely be one of the harder tests for him in the UFC.

Great analysis.

About Weidman I do think tough that Chris wrestling would neutralize Jacare. Especially in scrambling positions. Further on I think that Weidman would win a comfortable decision. And Jacare - Munoz would probably look a bit more like Munoz - Maia. It was Weidman's dominant wrestling that outstruck Munoz, before he knocked him down with his elbow standing.

I just kind of assumed that Jacare/Weidman would play out on the feet, like Maia/Weidman did, except that Jacare is a better and more powerful striker than Maia was, and Weidman likely wouldn't gas from fighting on short notice.

I also don't think Jacare/Mu

I just kind of assumed that Jacare/Weidman would play out on the feet, like Maia/Weidman did, except that Jacare is a better and more powerful striker than Maia was, and Weidman likely wouldn't gas from fighting on short notice.

I also don't think Jacare/Mu

Jacares take downs are pretty much the same. He presses against the cage to set them up.

i23077_001.gif

I doubt that would be as successful as Weidman's explosive single legs. What made it able to get Munoz to the ground. I'm pretty sure Munoz would be able to defend most of Jacares attacks against the fence.

Ok.

Jacare would probably get Munoz down, at some point but I doubt he would be able to control him like Weidman did.

If he gets a take down I think Munoz would be able to scramble back, to a neutral position. Pretty much like Rockhold - Jacare.

IDK, I've never seen anything out of Mu

Jacares take downs are pretty much the same. He presses against the cage to set them up.

i23077_001.gif

I doubt that would be as successful as Weidman's explosive single legs. What made it able to get Munoz to the ground. I'm pretty sure Munoz would be able to defend most of Jacares attacks against the fence.

Jacare is more than capable of hitting a quick single or double in the middle of the cage, heck he just hit a nice one on Herman last night. He ended up on the cage so much against Rockhold because Rockhold was constantly on the run and trying to fight from way outside. Mu

Last edited:
Jacare is legit for sure. I consider him in the same league as a guy like Hector Lombard.

Back