Who does Jacare beat comfortably in the UFC?

I don't think he could do that to jacare. and I don't he's gonna be the one winning the take downs either.

I think you're crazy if you think Jacare has bettter TDs than Shields.
I think K1 Shields comes out for that fight and trys to win a standup battle. If Jacare comes out aggressive trying to take Shields down, Shields may try to win that battle and grind him on the fence, take him down, stay safe, and get back up when you should/can. His Jitz is good enough to keep top position and possibly not get subbed if stays safe and gets up constantly. Just rinse and repeat.
Of course he could get caught in a sub but Shields has GREAT BJJ so he might be able to keep the sub away if he stays safe, stands up when needed, works the K1 a little, close the distance or wait for Jacare to close it, and out grind him from there as I mentioned before.

Last edited:
Well for one I think he's a nightmare match up for Weidman.

But I was a real douche with him. I honestly thought that Ed would (at least) last till the third round!

Undersized ?

The guy is 6' and walks a rock solid 220lbs

DSC_0254.JPG

Do you have a source on the 220lbs? He looks slightly taller, but significantly less thick than Fedor who is 230. Looks in the 200-210 range in this pic.

I think Jacare would beat most of the middleweights in the UFC.

Do you have a source on the 220lbs? He looks slightly taller, but significantly less thick than Fedor who is 230. Looks in the 200-210 range in this pic.

He is all muscle though i'll try to find the source but I remember reading him saying he was 220 in an interview which looks to be what he is considering :

kennedy_jacare_weigh_ins.jpg

Kennedy said multiple times he is 215-216lbs and Jacare looks slightly bigger ( Tim has big legs though )

By the way it's hard to compare him to Fedor because this is late career Fedor with less muscle, and Jacare is all muscle.
As we all know muscle is denser than fat. Fedor has bigger bone structure but Jacare has more upper body muscle which we can't see ( unless on the arm/forearm part ) because of the tees.

Also some pics that points at Jacare's size pretty well :

Jacare-direita-sparrings-academia-treina_ACRIMA20100814_0032_13.jpg

Jacare looked bigger than all of his opponents including Rockhold who is 6'3..
He looks to be in the 6'1 range next to Herman and Rockhold, and even dehydrated is still very big :

images

Also he never sports much bodyfat even between the fights..

Lol Jacare is big. I'm really excited to see all those SF fighters in the UFC

Do you seriously only consider Jacare mid tier? have you seen his fights? Did you also see what he just did to an ACTUAL soild mid tier guy in Herman?!?

Ed Herman was a mid-teir fighter in the UFC, and we saw what Jacare did to him. Okami, Belcher and Phillipou are all current/former top 10 and title contenders, and Weidman, Bisping and Belfort are all top 5, so what you're really saying is he'd be somewhere in the middle of the top 10? That would almost certainly equate to a title shot at some point in the UFC, and that's definitely upper-teir in my book.

fucking painful isn't it? he called him "mid-tier" and "top 10" in the same fucking paragraph.

I think you're crazy if you think Jacare has bettter TDs than Shields.
I think K1 Shields comes out for that fight and trys to win a standup battle. If Jacare comes out aggressive trying to take Shields down, Shields may try to win that battle and grind him on the fence, take him down, stay safe, and get back up when you should/can. His Jitz is good enough to keep top position and possibly not get subbed if stays safe and gets up constantly. Just rinse and repeat.
Of course he could get caught in a sub but Shields has GREAT BJJ so he might be able to keep the sub away if he stays safe, stands up when needed, works the K1 a little, close the distance or wait for Jacare to close it, and out grind him from there as I mentioned before.

jacare does have better takedowns than shields buddy.

Isn't Ed Herman a mid tier guy?

I'm pretty sure he was beat pretty comfortably..

Back