Who does Jacare beat comfortably in the UFC?

mauricesmithfan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think that Jacare will be a mid-tier fighter in the UFC at best though he is good. He's a bit undersized. I think he loses to the bispings weidmans and belforts of the division. I think he beats the okamis, belchers, phillipou and belows.

Like to see him vs. Lombard to see where he's at.

Thoughts?

Jacare undersized?
He cut weight to get to 194 for Saturday

Ed Herman was a mid-teir fighter in the UFC, and we saw what Jacare did to him. Okami, Belcher and Phillipou are all current/former top 10 and title contenders, and Weidman, Bisping and Belfort are all top 5, so what you're really saying is he'd be somewhere in the middle of the top 10? That would almost certainly equate to a title shot at some point in the UFC, and that's definitely upper-teir in my book.

He could work his way to a title shot. Amazing BJJ, and always improving striking and wrestling. He's a strong guy too.

jake shields ducked him in strikeforce all those years.. i kind of want to see that happen. jake shields can make anyone look bad on the ground, and can make the fight ugly, but jacare should beat him decisively.

demian maia went to welterweight, but i'd LOVE to see him go back to middleweight to fight jacare!

jake shields ducked him in strikeforce all those years.. i kind of want to see that happen. jake shields can make anyone look bad on the ground, and can make the fight ugly, but jacare should beat him decisively.

demian maia went to welterweight, but i'd LOVE to see him go back to middleweight to fight jacare!

I don't think he could do that to jacare. and I don't he's gonna be the one winning the take downs either.

Beating Okami doesn't make you mid-level. As someone else said, Ed Herman was a mid-level UFC MW and Jacare ran right through him. I'm also not convinced he would lose to the 3 guys you mentioned. Bisping has struggled against much weaker opponents than Jacare and Belfort has little to offer if he can't put you away in the 1st round. Weidman could probably do to him what he did to Maia albeit it wouldn't be as one-sided because Jacare is a better striker than Maia as well as faster and more powerful.

Very excited to see him in the UFC, not entirely sure how he will do but I have a good feeling he will at least be top 10. I think his destruction of Ed Herman shows that he will probably man handle anyone outside of the top 10.

I'd absolutely kill to see Souza vs Maia. Would kind of be a super fight in it's own way...

I would also like to see Souza vs Okami and shields, and idk who else so far. Paul Harris maybe?

I think that Jacare will be a mid-tier fighter in the UFC at best though he is good. He's a bit undersized. I think he loses to the bispings weidmans and belforts of the division. I think he beats the okamis, belchers, phillipou and belows.

Like to see him vs. Lombard to see where he's at.

Thoughts?

Anybody but bisping, weidman, or silva IMO

Jeeze. Bisping is so ridiculously overrated.

To answer the question, here's how I think he'd do against Sherdog's current top 10:

1. Anderson Silva

Jacare's style is probably the most dangerous for Silva. Nobody at MW can strike with Silva, it's the wrong strategy to even try. Strong takedowns and excellent BJJ are the best shot, which make Jacare (and Weidman) the best matches. I think Jacare still probably loses this fight more often than he wins, but at least he has a conceivable path to victory, which is more than can be said about most of the division. Doesn't matter though, they probably won't fight.

2. Chael Sonnen

Jacare beats Sonnen handily. Think Sonnen-Maia.

3. Chris Weidman

Who knows how this would turn out, I'd love to see this fight down the road some time. If would probably be decided on the feet, where both are green but improving so fast in every fight that it's hard to call.

4. Michael Bisping

This would be one of the toughest fights for Jacare. I don't like Bisping at all but his TD defense is impeccable and he'd outpoint Jacare on the feet.

5. Mark Mu

People have been dickriding him hard lately for some reason

Mostly because its been a while since he has been dominated. Sure Chael beat him but many people think Bisping won that fight, once Bisping gets KTFO'd by Belfort people will back off his shit for a while. But he will most likely develop another win streak over some decent-good guys and get more hype around him again.

Throw bisping in against cung Le so he can get his head kicked off next

Back