Who do you WANT to win between BJ and Rory?

BJ-All day. Rory irks me a little, even more so afte watching road to the octagon, god damn hipster. Is always nice to see an "old lion" underdog bag the win too, especially when that old lion is potentially the legendary "motivated Penn"

BJ! Heroes get remembered, but legends never die!

BJ is definitely the kind of person that will make you either love him or hate him. Kind of like Zlatan Ibrahimovic in soccer.

As a HUGE fan of BJ myself, i can see why someone can dislike him. I find his attitude and confidence appealing.
I don't see it as c0ckyness. A c0cky person acts and talks like he's above you, BJ doesn't do that. He has charisma and confidence but he is definitely not c0cky IMO.

Holy shit, did you just respectfully disagree with me? On Sherdog?! Wow. I don't see a single insult thrown my way in that post. Thank you.

I voted Rory because I think he is the future of WW.

But I'd also be happy if BJ wins.

I voted BJ, but it's not a big deal. I like both guys, just maybe like BJ a bit more. I kinda suspect Rory will win and could be rooting for BJ partially because he's the underdog in this.

Rory, I hope he beats BJ so bad he quits in the second round.

Sick of "to the death" of Whiner BJ Penn

especially after watching the Road to the Octagon special, I am rooting for BJ Penn

BJ all day. Rory has an air about him that I strongly dislike. Besides, I'm sick and tired of this "he's the future" -talk when in reality he's quite untested. He has looked great, yes, but he is still very green and untested.

Unfortunately I think Rory is going to win, I just hope BJ whoops him and humbles him a bit.

BJ by far!!

But I won't see it happening .... :icon_sad:

If you are HOPING for a BJ win that really is the only way it will happen.

BJ needs to finish Rory early or this fight will look a lot like the Fitch fight but as if Fitch had a sledge hammer for a fist in the last 1.5 rounds. Rory will smash Penn if he gasses out and is lying there almost helpless like he does in most fights that go past 1.5 rounds.

This fight could easily be Penns most horrific looking loss as he is tough and can take a beating, and if he gasses and becomes defenseless Rory will beat him ugly.

Rory is so big and so physical that it will be near impossible for Penn to not gas if this fight goes on.

this is a terrible matchup for Penn since outside old Hughes he has not finished a fighter before the 3rd round since 2008. Almost all his fights go 3 rounds or more and at WW that is the death of him.

Unfortunatly everything you said is true. This could easily turn out looking like Big foot-Fedor.
But i am positive that the first round will be dominated by BJ, and i sure hope he will finish!

I see it like that: BJ outboxes Rory in the 1st, drops him and take his back, and 30 seconds bj wins by RNC.

Rory. I like Penn WAY better, but he is getting up there. Time for some new blood to start moving up the ladder.

9 people don't care?

WTF?

I know right? How can someone not care, classic old lion vs up and comer new breed. potentially a mythical motivated Penn is involved. How can you not care about that shit?!

Back