Who do you WANT to win between BJ and Rory?

Voted BJ by accident, meant to vote Rory.

BJ had his time. He climbed the LW ladder to the top and had his reign, then it was over. He had his shot at the top WWs in the world and failed, it's the young guys' turns now.

If Rory loses at this age I don't think it will really matter, because a loss to Rory and his ambition to be the best will only make him better. If BJ loses at his age it will really put a negative mark on his MMA career.

I'm rooting for Rory because I'm Canadian and I like the TriStar guys, but I won't lie I do want BJ to win too just because he's BJ.

Or he'll get Davey Moored by BJ "manos de piedra" Penn.

Rory, because it will further prove the fact that BJ is and has never been more than a mediocre WW.

He has only defeated 1 WW fighter, and only once in that fighter's prime.

He is 2-4-1 at WW.

However, the above does not change the fact that BJ is the LW GOAT.

BJ Penn is a god damn legend and I don't care what his record is.

Yes, because in order to support a fighter you must be a "nuthugger".

I was just fishing... looks like I caught one :)

I know you're not all nut-huggers but BJ gets so much flack around here I was expecting a shift to the new-school... looks like more people actually like BJ now that's gone away for a while and is entering his "one last shot" mode... I wish him luck, but i think and hope Rory finishes him.

Training out of Toshido it should be an easy call but I love when BJ comes in and beats the shit out of people, sentimental. I'm going with BJ

It doesn't matter to me as long as we see a great fight.

Big fan of BJ, but I'm rooting for Rory since I feel he can be something special

BJ to win by knockout hopefully.

Every time i see Rory he annoys me more and more. Plus during the Road to Octogon programme, i saw him trying to pull off the Ali shuffle, it was as cringeworthy as when GSP tries to do it.

Nate Diaz by day, Shogun Rua by night.

B.J. Penn, all day.

BJ by domination would be awesome. A Uno-like finish would do, but a prolonged beating with an arm trap RNC would be even sweeter.

That is EXACTLY what i said will happen (in a different thread). Great minds think alike..

If you are HOPING for a BJ win that really is the only way it will happen.

BJ needs to finish Rory early or this fight will look a lot like the Fitch fight but as if Fitch had a sledge hammer for a fist in the last 1.5 rounds. Rory will smash Penn if he gasses out and is lying there almost helpless like he does in most fights that go past 1.5 rounds.

This fight could easily be Penns most horrific looking loss as he is tough and can take a beating, and if he gasses and becomes defenseless Rory will beat him ugly.

Rory is so big and so physical that it will be near impossible for Penn to not gas if this fight goes on.

this is a terrible matchup for Penn since outside old Hughes he has not finished a fighter before the 3rd round since 2008. Almost all his fights go 3 rounds or more and at WW that is the death of him.

Back