Who do you think is physically stronger between prime Karelin and current Ngannou?

Yes brock has been juiced but not always, he was juiced in his first wwe run before ufc, in the ufc he was clean except the hunt fight, how do i know? its easy to see by his shape, being juiced has a certain look. Now if Brock was juiced with no weight limit poor karelin would get smashed.

Stand down USADA... Sherbro science has got this.

Just because Francis won the rematch it doesn't erase the first fight. It was pure domination from Stipe.

This. Stipe was able to do what he wanted in the grappling department. Stipe is noooooooooooo where close to kareline physically nor skillfulness when it comes to grappling.

I stated publicly known facts for those who were not aware. Karelin was bested by a guy who became a contestant on the Biggest Loser.
Who cares if some guy got fat years later? He wasn't a biggest loser contestant when he got the W.

Prime Muhammad Ali got beat by a guy who is literally dead, and now weighs about 30 pounds. That makes about as much sense as your post.

Who cares if some guy got fat years later? He wasn't a biggest loser contestant when he got the W.

Prime Muhammad Ali got beat by a guy who is literally dead, and now weighs about 30 pounds. That makes about as much sense as your post.

I care that Karelin lost to Rulon Gardner. First of all, it happened on a big stage. I don't have numbers, but I assume Greco-Roman wrestling in the Olympics gets a much bigger audience than other greco tournaments, etc. Second, it only ever happened twice out of a huge number of matches. And I never saw Karelin's other loss. So yeah, it made a hell of an impression on me to watch someone actually beat him.

As far as Rulon getting fat, that's just kind of funny to me. Nothing against the guy; I'm a fan.

I'm not the one who made the statement that karelin is on the sauce dumbass... Neither did I say he wasn't.

You however have told us when brock was on the sauce and when he wasnt... Stop making yourself look stupid Mr @TerryBogard

These are the two strongest pure combat sport athletes in history in my opinion. Ngannou basically Tkoed Stipe with a jab and picked up Shaquille oneall with a smile on his face. It wasn't even a challenge.

Who is stronger?
Karelin would pick up Ngannou and twirl him on his finger like a basketball. His signature move was picking up 280+ lbs men dead off the floor from his knees and throwing them back over his head. It's not even close.

lol

Karelin by far.

Punching power and strength are not highly correlated. Source: every boxing gym going.

Karelin would pick up Ngannou and twirl him on his finger like a basketball. His signature move was picking up 280+ lbs men dead off the floor from his knees and throwing them back over his head. It's not even close.

I didn't ask who would win in a wrestling match

Completely different kinds of "strength" - neither of which is the way it is usually measured.

But still Karelin, because he was that much stronger than people in his own sport. Ngannou is a beast in his own right of course

Different strengths. If pure gym strength it wouldn’t even be close. Karelin had freak strength.

I’d question if Francis could even squat over 405. He’s pretty too heavy.

This. Stipe was able to do what he wanted in the grappling department. Stipe is noooooooooooo where close to kareline physically nor skillfulness when it comes to grappling.
The first Ngannou Miocic fight actually highlighted how freakishly strong Ngannou is. Miocic was simply the better fighter that night. Cardio and a lack of grappling technique doomed Ngannou, not his strength. For 5 rounds Miocic couldn't comfortably hold Ngannou in the positions he really wanted to. Ngannou is far larger and stronger man than Miocic. Karelin is obviously on a bizarre level of strength

The first Ngannou Miocic fight actually highlighted how freakishly strong Ngannou is. Miocic was simply the better fighter that night. Cardio and a lack of grappling technique doomed Ngannou, not his strength. For 5 rounds Miocic couldn't comfortably hold Ngannou in the positions he really wanted to. Ngannou is far larger and stronger man than Miocic. Karelin is obviously on a bizarre level of strength

Yep it REALLY pisses me off when people say stipe was stronger in their first fight. Stipe controlled Ngannou, because Ngannou was shit at wrestling, and was also completely gassed.

Stipe is no where near the strongest at heavyweight. He’s got good cardio for a heavyweight, in physical attributes that’s what seems to stand out for me. He’ll even in his strength and conditioning he basically only does cardio and circuit training. Of course he’s not gonna be the strongest guy in the division he barley lifts weights.

Last edited:
I think probably Karelian just because he was heavier, but TBH they’re both so strong and athletic that it really doesn’t matter. Their strength is such that their skills are the only limiting factor.

Obviously Karelin would mop the floor with Ngannou wrestling and vice-versa, but when you watch Ngannou fight, he’s ridiculously, freakishly strong. He is not particularly technically adept at anything, and even in the first Miocic fight, he was doing everything wrong and still essentially forcing Stipe to just ride him and keep taking him down to drain the batteries for large swathes of that match.

People forget who good of a wrestler Blaydes is (except right after he rides out a decision they think lackluster), but in the first fight, Ngannou was taken down a couple times and just popped up in the stupidest of ways. He’s so strong that he could essentially ignore the 250 pound Juco national champ on top of him and just posture and stand up.

Back