• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you think is physically stronger between prime Karelin and current Ngannou?

Whats your point then? all of them are on peds, who cares? even with peds they arent as strong as brock cause he is a genetic freak, karelin and ngannou arent.
u need to go back to whatever sport u used to watch. u dont have a clue what ur talking about

i meant in a fight, he would absolutely man handle him every time they got their hands on each other
because you say so? karelin was just a greco wrestler. hypothesizing how he would do in an actual fight against a guy who was ridiculously strong, 300 lbs, an accomplished folk wrestler and an accomplished mma fighter and concluding he would man handle him is dumb.

There is something called context and intent. You cannot just invoke factual accuracy to neutralise implications of what you wrote. But keep on playing dumb if that amuses you. I think it's boring personally but whatever floats your boat.

You are the one getting all hot and bothered here, so gtfo with trying to play bored. You are a humorless scold, and you would do well to behave less arrogantly.

What I said was true, and you've failed to show where I said anything counterfactual. Like I said earlier, you can spin that how you will. But it's silly to cry that I failed to provide proper context. I wasn't writing a book, nor was I taking a comprehensive look at Karelin's career. You can think I'm anti-Karelin, but I'm not. You can think I'm anti Rulon Gardner because I called him a fatty, but I'm not. I'm fans of both and appreciate them both for what they were.

I stated publicly known facts for those who were not aware. Karelin was bested by a guy who became a contestant on the Biggest Loser.

because you say so? karelin was just a greco wrestler. hypothesizing how he would do in an actual fight against a guy who was ridiculously strong, 300 lbs, an accomplished folk wrestler and an accomplished mma fighter and concluding he would man handle him is dumb.
randy was a greco wrestler half karelin's size and he did just fine against brock in the wrestling department, hence karelin would absolutely man handle lesnar, with ease.

how bout somersaulting in retreat after a couple peppering shots from cain? forgot about that one huh?
Lesnar came at Cain like a bull before he got hit with several good shots (fucking lol at “peppering” - would knock your ass unconscious for sure) and tried to retreat with an unbalanced equilibrium. Thanks for proving my point.

Ngannou has both. And no it's not totally different. There is a very close correlation.

No, no there isn't.

Punching power comes from leverage. This is why wrestlers usually hit really hard (they have good balance/leverage).

Most of the big punchers in boxing are lanky guys with long arms/broad shoulders.

randy was a greco wrestler half karelin's size and he did just fine against brock in the wrestling department, hence karelin would absolutely man handle lesnar, with ease.
randy was a greco wrestler. and a very good folk wrestler. and an 11 year mma veteran and multiple champion. he was taken down twice in the first round and knocked out in the second round.

again, karelin was only a greco wrestler.

You are the one getting all hot and bothered here, so gtfo with trying to play bored. You are a humorless scold, and you would do well to behave less arrogantly.

What I said was true, and you've failed to show where I said anything counterfactual. Like I said earlier, you can spin that how you will. But it's silly to cry that I failed to provide proper context. I wasn't writing a book, nor was I taking a comprehensive look at Karelin's career. You can think I'm anti-Karelin, but I'm not. You can think I'm anti Rulon Gardner because I called him a fatty, but I'm not. I'm fans of both and appreciate them both for what they were.

I stated publicly known facts for those who were not aware. Karelin was bested by a guy who became a contestant on the Biggest Loser.

Oh, humor, eh? Now that you have painted yourself into a corner, lol.
Look, you talked shit, got called out , now just admit it and move on. It's fine if you don't, really. I don't really care. It's up to you.

How is this eleven pages, it's obviously Karelin

Lesnar came at Cain like a bull before he got hit with several good shots (fucking lol at “peppering” - would knock your ass unconscious for sure) and tried to retreat with an unbalanced equilibrium. Thanks for proving my point.
y u gettin mad bro lmfao

randy was a greco wrestler. and a very good folk wrestler. and an 11 year mma veteran and multiple champion. he was taken down twice in the first round and knocked out in the second round.

karelin would put both randy and brock in his back pockets. it would look like a grown man fighting boys

Oh, humor, eh? Now that you have painted yourself into a corner, lol.
Look, you talked shit, got called out , now just admit it and move on. It's fine if you don't, really. I don't really care. It's up to you.

You obviously care a lot, which is why you keep quoting me. As far as humor goes, I suggest you reread my comments and see that you were being a humorless scold and I was having a bit of fun.
You melodramatically impugned my character and tried making things personal when what I said was clearly accurate.

View attachment 871727

Karelin today (with daughter) still looks like an absolute functional strength unit. Check out the hands, head, shoulders … the quite tall 20-something lady looks like a child … at 55 I’d say he could still overpower 99.999% of people on functional strength alone.

PS: imagine picking up the lovely lady for a date and the father opens the door.....

Is this a joke? Strength is a huge portion of striking power, but technique/timing/speed result in knockouts for people at much lighter weights. At heavyweight sizes the strength/power for a KO is inherent in most fighters.

Of course wrestling has technique but pure strength is way more important and a factor. He wrestlefucked other beasts even bigger than him for years. The Karelin lift literally meant he was explosively picking a 300 lb monster off the ground against their will and basically suplexing them.

he was only the greatest greco roman wrestler of all fucking time

Back