Who DIDN'T deserve a title reign?

Money in the Bank needs to stop as a PPV and become a specialty match when the circumstances allow it.

It's lost its shine.

RR winner getting a shot at Mania has also gotten old IMO
Hell in a Cell and TLC are the same. Cody/Seth had zero reason to be in a cage, let alone the Cell.

Kane. His 98 win was just to pop a rating with Austin winning it back. His other runs were trash.

His best run was the first few years after he lost the mask so like 03-06 or so. His feud with Benoit was better than most people remember. Had some good matches against Shane McMahon too.

His best run was the first few years after he lost the mask so like 03-06 or so. His feud with Benoit was better than most people remember. Had some good matches against Shane McMahon too.

I meant title runs. He was at his best from 97 to 98

Matt Hardy's brother

Agree with most of your list.

I think Warrior beating Hogan was the right call.

I've got no problem with Jericho being champ, but 1st unified was a bit of a stretch.

Luger is a weird case. I think his run as WCW champ was badly timed, and having Race as his manager made no sense. I do however think he should have got a run earlier in his career because for a while he was super over, but Flair didn't want to do the job.

Jericho is iffy because he’s like top level mid card rather than being THE GUY.

Lex is complicated for your reasons.

Big E..... Feel good moment that ultimately just got him buried. Same with Kofi.

Big E..... Feel good moment that ultimately just got him buried. Same with Kofi.
Three months with wins over drew mcyntire, KO, and lashley =burial.
week after week of given a live mic to get himself over = burial

Three months with wins over drew mcyntire, KO, and lashley =burial.
week after week of given a live mic to get himself over = burial

Oh cool mention the other 3 who got lost in the Roman Reigns/Lesnar shuffle. All 4 of them came out worse than they went in. Shit KO is stuck in one of the worst feuds in modern history.

And he was already over.

Big E's character prevented what could have been an epic run. He couldn't break out of the New Day mindset enough to be taken as serious as he should have been. I don't mind him being champ though.

Big E's character prevented what could have been an epic run. He couldn't break out of the New Day mindset enough to be taken as serious as he should have been. I don't mind him being champ though.

Its why we cant have anything nice. Vince doesnt like it when they get themselves over. RVD, Benoit, Rey, Christian, Ambrose, Balor etc etc. The one and done club. Gives the fans lip service then its back to the midcard you go.

Im racking my brains trying to think of womans/divas champs. But talent was pretty thin till the Fantastic 4 showed up. Laycool springs to mind but thats only because it was a duo and McCool could have held the belt on her own.

Recently Big E. Love the guy, but as a singles hasn´t really found his nitche yet, therefore his reign felt completely flat and out of place.

Both Andre and Kane were slighted.

5abe4bc3c81d0.image.jpg
Andre the Giant didn't get many titles because he was used to be a major threat to the title holder especially in territories. Andre was a major attraction that you didn't want to overuse.

Kane. His 98 win was just to pop a rating with Austin winning it back.
Not true. Austin had a staph infection and was gonna take time off after KOTR.

Its why we cant have anything nice. Vince doesnt like it when they get themselves over. RVD, Benoit, Rey, Christian, Ambrose, Balor etc etc. The one and done club. Gives the fans lip service then its back to the midcard you go.

Im racking my brains trying to think of womans/divas champs. But talent was pretty thin till the Fantastic 4 showed up. Laycool springs to mind but thats only because it was a duo and McCool could have held the belt on her own.

I think RVD and Ambrose could have held the belt for longer. But not the rest of your list.

Mysterio didn’t have the mic skills or credible size.

Christian was too vanilla without his pal.

Benoit hated everybody and it showed.

Balor maybe you can convince me.

Andre the Giant didn't get many titles because he was used to be a major threat to the title holder especially in territories. Andre was a major attraction that you didn't want to overuse.

And he was moving around, doing business wherever he could. Japanese was very important for him but he also wanted to see the world.

I think Vince’s racism got in the way here. Was there any effort to make Big E a heel? That would have been cool.

He'd been a heel before but no one cared.
His heel run being Ziggler's muscle was really weak.

I don't think Big E needed to be a heel, just to be more serious. Having what amounts to a comedy act isn't a good look.

Back