Who did you have winning Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG 2?

Who did you have winning?

• Total voters
I thought Canelo came up short

I also thought that if went distance would go to Canelo this time around .

I think GGG landed a lot more punches his jab was working most rounds .

Not a boxing expert by any means. Does "aggression" win rounds? If not I had GGG winning.
Effective aggression.

And if you watch it it was Canelo flurrying and landing flashy shots while eating jabs and straights. Then from round 8 on not being the aggressor and being the only one actually hurt and stumbled.

I wanted GGG to win, and I thought he clearly won the 1st fight but this one was much more competitive and I had Canelo winning by a round or 2. The 115-113 scores were reasonable imo.
The whole having the champ walk out 1st thing was pretty unbelievable to witness. I think no matter what ,GGG would have to KO Canelo to ever have a chance to win against him.

I had Canelo 2,3,5,6,7,8,12

What a fight

6-5-1 Canelo, with a feeling I was lenient with GGG.
Rounds 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 11 to Canelo
Rounds 1, 4, 8, 10 and 12 to GGG
Round 5 even

5rDR7V5.png

Thanks for posting that. I really wanted to see how they scored it

If you go back and watch the fight in ultra slow motion 3 times all back to back to back you'll see that this was clearest 115-113 fight in history, and for Canelo. The only travesty was that he wasn't given the unanimous decision.

Max said that one judge scored round 12 to Canelo and because of that, the fight went to Canelo isnt of being a draw again

GGG clearly won round 12

From what i saw, id give the fight to Canelo personally, GGG impressed in the dying rounds but wasnt enough

After how the judges scored the first four rounds of McGregor/Mayweather, and GGG/Canelo1 was a draw, it was obvious before the rematch started who the NSAC-picked judges were going to call it in favor of Canelo.

*He's younger - Much further away from retirement.
*Larger fanbase - Mexico spends more money for PPVs.
*Longer potential of being a marketable PPV draw.

Handing Canelo the win was a business decision by the NSAC, made long before the 1st round opening bell rang, for the financial benefit of Las Vegas and the state of Nevada.

Its obvious the entire reason the first fight was a draw, was because they could milk more money out of the matchup by doing a rematch.

Don't forget Las Vegas is the lone major city that was founded on organized crime and political corruption of its local officials.

There's a reason why Mayweather won't fight outside of Las Vegas. He knows the NSAC has his back for all the billions he's earned them.

I don't believe the NSAC has ever been investigated by the FBI since the 1970s.

After how the judges scored the first four rounds of McGregor/Mayweather, and GGG/Canelo1 was a draw, it was obvious before the rematch started who the NSAC-picked judges were going to call it in favor of Canelo.

*He's younger - Much further away from retirement.
*Larger fanbase - Mexico spends more money for PPVs.
*Longer potential of being a marketable PPV draw.

Handing Canelo the win was a business decision by the NSAC, made long before the 1st round opening bell rang, for the financial benefit of Las Vegas and the state of Nevada.

Its obvious the entire reason the first fight was a draw, was because they could milk more money out of the matchup by doing a rematch.

Don't forget Las Vegas is the lone major city that was founded on organized crime and political corruption of its local officials.

There's a reason why Mayweather won't fight outside of Las Vegas. He knows the NSAC has his back for all the billions he's earned them.

I don't believe the NSAC has ever been investigated by the FBI since the 1970s.

Good point. Now you need to make a poll to see which one's wife is hotter.

GGG 115-113 but no problem with Canelo 115-113 X 2 or the 114-114. Good cards. Close fight, lots of close rounds, great fight. Props to Canelo and I was pulling for GGG because I thought he got jobbed in the first bout, so I may have given him the nod in a couple where someone gave Canelo the nod. Legit cards.

First 9 rounds Canelo walked forward and landed more power shots by a wide margin. Depends how you score the jab clinic GGG put on.

Wow guys it was a close fight, and I had GGG going into it, but Canelo won. The judging is like mma judging, damage over strike count. You also have to consider Canelo was the aggressor for most of the fight, and put in some very clean body work. Maybe I have to watch it again, but that's my immediate reaction after watching it live.

Again very close fight. I had GGG winning the first fight by the same margin. He was most definitely robbed in the first fight, and I still believe something has to be done about Adelaide Byrd.

Last edited:
Canelo by 1 or draw

Power shots>jabs

Back