Who did you have winning Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG 2?

Who did you have winning?

• Total voters
Canelo won via majority decision according to the judges at ringside. How did you score the fight? I want to see them face each other a third time.

Bullshit decision. Raise the flag of MMA, fuck boxing.

Not a boxing expert by any means. Does "aggression" win rounds? If not I had GGG winning.

The only way GGG wins a fight against a De la hoya fighter is a KO, and even if he manages to do it they will probably give the win to canelo anyway.

Boxing sucks now.

The wrong guy won. At best Canelo got 5 rounds to Golovkin's 7.

Canelo looked like Homer Simpson out there for the last third of the fight(minus parts of r11). Him “winning” round 12 on the scorecard is hilarious.

GGG, thought the commentators especially RJJ were dick riding Canelo way too much. GGG was landing more shots.

The way Max and RJJ were talking, you would have thought GGG was barely making it through the first few rounds without getting put away. Very surprising to me that it wasn't being acknowledged that many of those rounds (and many of the rounds throughout the fight) were ultra close.

The story of the fight was framed as though GGG somehow managed to turn the fight around but Canelo never was giving me the impression of having the fight firmly in hand.

I can't complain about the decision cause many of those rounds could have gone either way so I expected scoring to be all over the map. But I had it for GGG.

First 6 rds. 3 to 3
Last 6 rds. 5 to 1 ggg

The way Max and RJJ were talking, you would have thought GGG was barely making it through the first few rounds without getting put away. Very surprising to me that it wasn't being acknowledged that many of those rounds (and many of the rounds throughout the fight) were ultra close.

The story of the fight was framed as though GGG somehow managed to turn the fight around but Canelo never was giving me the impression of having the fight firmly in hand.

I can't complain about the decision cause many of those rounds could have gone either way so I expected scoring to be all over the map. But I had it for GGG.
Good thoughts agree with u totally.

I had Canelo 8 rounds to 4 but I could see 7 rounds for Canelo or maybe 6 since some rounds were pretty close

5rDR7V5.png

Too close for me to score when watching a crap stream at 5:30 am.
My instinct says GGG, but I will need to rewatch it and score it.

Good thoughts agree with u totally.

thanks- I only watch boxing for the big fights and I find it way harder to score than mma usually, but I definitely think these guys match up really well with one another.

The problem for me is that when GGG doesn't win the first one even though I thought he certainly deserved it and doesn't win this one when I think the case was certainly there to be made, you can't help but think of politics and all that in terms of Canelo being the marketable, young draw being protected, but at the same time, it's a bit of faulty logic from me this time around because I'm simultaneously admitting there were multiple rounds where I could see the case for either guy and no one definitively put a stamp on the round over the other.

Back