Who did you have winning Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG 2?

Who did you have winning?

• Total voters
GGG, thought the commentators especially RJJ were dick riding Canelo way too much. GGG was landing more shots.
Him and Kellerman both were riding him hard the first half of the fight. They made it seem like Canelo was completely smashing him when in fact all the first half of the fight was really close

I’ll tell you what I see, it’s bunch of sensitive mma fans crying about a decision they are not equipped to question.

PEDs won that fight, and it's a damned shame. 6 month sit-down for doping? Should be a minimum of one year, and I mean minimum. Second offense, TWO YEARS. Third, lifetime.
Zero tolerance. Make the sanctions serious, ruin some careers and I guarantee it will end.
Six months is a joke. Clenbuterol (and it's effects) stays in the body for longer than that.

Last edited:
Effective aggression.

And if you watch it it was Canelo flurrying and landing flashy shots while eating jabs and straights. Then from round 8 on not being the aggressor and being the only one actually hurt and stumbled.

What gets scored first? In mma aggression only matters when the strikes are equal.

I just don't see it.
I wanted GGG to win and even made a crack about Canelo flossing his teeth with freshly plucked pubic hairs (his own)....

But I couldn't see to give GGG more than 3 rounds.

I had canelo up by 1 going into the 12th and it was really close..

Tbh it was so close I thought this should have been a draw.

It was more of a draw than the first one.
True. It was a real draw this time. The first one was much more of a fix

PEDs won that fight, and it's a damned shame. 6 month sit-down for doping? Should be a minimum of one year, and I mean minimum. Second offense, TWO YEARS. Third, lifetime.
Zero tolersanc. Make the sanctions serious, ruin some careers and I guarantee it will end.
Six months is a joke. Clenbuterol (and it's effects) stays in the body for longer than that.

Nailed it. All that been said it was GGG own decision to take this fight against extremely juiced Canelo.

GGG, thought the commentators especially RJJ were dick riding Canelo way too much. GGG was landing more shots.

GGG was only landing jabs, what did you want them to do?

GGG was only landing jabs, what did you want them to do?

They were making it out like GGG was getting smashed when he wasn't, Canelo was having issues getting past that jab without eating them, a lot of power shots were missing and the ones that landed didn't even phase GGG yet they were acting like GGG was in trouble. They started saying mid fight GGG was slowing down due to his volume but it wasn't the case at all. GGG looked the fresher fighter towards the end. It was a very even competitive fight from the opening bell, their commentary didn't reflect that.

I think it should be pretty much obvious for everyone. Guy got caught twice on row for fuck's sake.
You mean he tested positive in two different tests three days apart.

Having said that, multiple Mexican athletes have tested positive for clenbuterol which is a legal supplement in Mexico for cattle.

They were making it out like GGG was getting smashed when he wasn't, Canelo was having issues getting past that jab without eating them, a lot of power shots were missing and the ones that landed didn't even phase GGG yet they were acting like GGG was in trouble. They started saying mid fight GGG was slowing down due to his volume but it wasn't the case at all. GGG looked the fresher fighter towards the end. It was a very even competitive fight from the opening bell, their commentary didn't reflect that.
Jesus Christ, did you see GGG's face after the fight? He was getting smashed, after the 6th round I thought he was going to get KO and then he landed a combination that changed the momentum of the fight.

Overall it was a close fight but you can't expect to win a fight on jabs alone while getting pushed back by the smaller fighter.

I had cash on triple g, bet with a buddy for $100 bones, I’m not a fan of Opie at all, I had it 7 to 5 for the ginger.

They both looked great, but I favored Canelos aggression and generalship.

I think it was a close fight, but no controversy imo.

why does everyone keep saying canelo is the smaller fighter?

i thought canelo would win a decision, as he always does. after the fight was over, i had it for gennady, but there were enough swing rounds that i absolutely knew he wouldn't be getting it. unless you own canelo all night long, you're not going to win a decision.

fight was fucking epic, though. had there been no first fight controversy and he hadn't been caught juicing, i would be really happy for canelo. these guys fought their nuts off and gave it everything, it was great.

Back