Who did you give each round to?

Sweet multi poll never knew you could do this!

Round 1 - Gus
Round 2 - Jones (Jones' best round, I think he clearly won it)
Round 3 - Gus
Round 4 - Gus (Inb4 anger and Just Bleed fans)
Round 5 - Jones

Ok this was the third time I've watched it now and this is my final decision. I can't give the 4th to Jones. I don't care what all the just bleed fans might think, but Gus lit Jones up for 4+ minute in that round, he deserves the round.

Round 5 is what I had trouble judging live and it's still a toss up for me. I initially gave it to Gus, but I take it back.

The problem with the argument that Jones actually won is that they're basically arguing that Jones won because of an elbow and a gassed Gus in the 5th round. The only way this makes sense though is because Jones is the UFC poster boy and the hype around him blinds people.

If this fight had not been against Jones Gus would have won the decision.

Gus
Jones
Gus
Jones
Jones

edit ^^ You can't give the 4th to Jones? Gus was saved by the bell in the 4th round. He was getting teed off on badly and barely could stand when the bell rang. Another minute or so and he's flattened.

I had

10-9 Gus
10-9 Gus
10-9 Jones
10-9 Gus
10-9 Jones

Round 1 - Gus
Round 2 - Jones (Jones' best round, I think he clearly won it)
Round 3 - Gus
Round 4 - Gus (Inb4 anger and Just Bleed fans)
Round 5 - Jones

Ok this was the third time I've watched it now and this is my final decision. I can't give the 4th to Jones. I don't care what all the just bleed fans might think, but Gus lit Jones up for 4+ minute in that round, he deserves the round.

Round 5 is what I had trouble judging live and it's still a toss up for me. I initially gave it to Gus, but I take it back.

The problem with the argument that Jones actually won is that they're basically arguing that Jones won because of an elbow and a gassed Gus in the 5th round. The only way this makes sense though is because Jones is the UFC poster boy and the hype around him blinds people.

If this fight had not been against Jones Gus would have won the decision.

4TH round
1st min-jones
2nd min-gus
3rd min-gus
4th min-even
5th min-jones clearly

how was he "lighting him up"? the round was tit for tat like rds 1-3

im not even sure how people think gus won rd 1 so dominantly on a re watch. even that round was back and forth with a lot of blocked and grazing strikes. the only thing separating was the td by gus and the elbow by jones from the clinch.

can i see your breakdown of the forth? it seems nobody is willing to go in detail with how they scored the round.

can i see your breakdown of the forth? it seems nobody is willing to go in detail with how they scored the round.

1st minute: Jones
2nd: Gus
3rd: Gus
4th: Gus
5th: Jones

I see our disagreement comes over the 4th minute. Gus had many powerful headshots in that minute, Jones had one quick stuffed TD and a head kick. I think it goes to Gus.

Now of course the minutes of the round aren't like rounds within the round.

Why I think Gus won the 4th is that he had 3 minutes of lighting Jones up with headshots versus Jones' 40 seconds of a big elbow and chasing around a stunned and tired Gus.

Round 1 - Gus
Round 2 - Gus/Jones (very close)
Round 3 - Gus
Round 4 - Jones
Round 5 - Jones

1st minute: Jones
2nd: Gus
3rd: Gus
4th: Gus
5th: Jones

I see our disagreement comes over the 4th minute. Gus had many powerful headshots in that minute, Jones had one quick stuffed TD and a head kick. I think it goes to Gus.

Now of course the minutes of the round aren't like rounds within the round.

Why I think Gus won the 4th is that he had 3 minutes of lighting Jones up with headshots versus Jones' 40 seconds of a big elbow and chasing around a stunned and tired Gus.

jones also landed clean punches to the head in the forth minute as well as kicks which is why i had it even, but at least it seems people are willing to acknowledge it comes down to one minute of a round and not "4 min of gus dominating" like before.

jones also landed clean punches to the head in the forth minute as well as kicks which is why i had it even, but at least it seems people are willing to acknowledge it comes down to one minute of a round and not "4 min of gus dominating" like before.

Since this was mostly a stand-up fight, do you think that Jones' kicks gave him the win? Gus clearly had more head shots, but (if we are to believe these updated stats), Jones had more "significant strikes" which mostly were made up of half-hearted kicks and teeps, in my book, and shouldn't count towards a Jones victory.

I had

10-9 Gus
10-9 Jones
10-9 Gus
10-9 Gus (yes that's correct)
10-9 Jones

I'll have to watch the fight again though. Opinion may change. I felt like Gus was dominating round 4 more than any round by either fighter and didn't think Jones 45 second spurt, though he rocked Gus, deserved a winning round. I'd maybe give it a 10-10. Like I said though, I'll have to watch again.

Glad you're not a judge, bro.

Since this was mostly a stand-up fight, do you think that Jones' kicks gave him the win? Gus clearly had more head shots, but (if we are to believe these updated stats), Jones had more "significant strikes" which mostly were made up of half-hearted kicks and teeps, in my book, and shouldn't count towards a Jones victory.

i have to count kicks that aren't clearly checked as landed. i cant ignore them as its hard to tell if they hurt outside of the ones that buckled gus's legs.

should i count a jab that gets no reaction as nothing? i cant.

if it lands and isn't blocked or checked it should count.

if you ignore kicks you end up with machida/shogun 1......never again....i hope.

judges need to count all clean strikes landed.

Gus 1 and 3.....jones 3 and 5....

4 I had Gus winning till that elbow landed and Jones did some damage. I still can't make up my mind.

What's worth more....winning the round with effective strikes for 4 mins.....or hurting the opponent?

Back