Who did you give each round to?

Looks like the poll is showing exactly what I thought
Gus 1-3

Rnd 1: Gus
Rnd 2: Gus
Rnd 3: Gus
Rnd 4: Jones
Rnd 5: Jones

But I could see giving round 2 to Jones. It was a tough fight to score. Gus landed more shots to the head while Jones was landed more to low-power shots to the legs and more glancing shots, which aren't as significant, but was the aggressor most of the fight.

Gus was winning Round 4 pretty clearly until that elbow rocked him. I think he might've still landed more strikes in the round but Jones hurt him and that elbow and the other strikes Jones landed afterwards were more significant so I give the round to Jones.

Let's just call it a draw and have a rematch.

I think round 4 was alot closer than what people are acting like.

Haven't had a chance to re-watch yet but from memory had Gus 1,3 and Jones 2,4,5

Gus had Rd 4 and I thought he was gonna take the fight at that point but that damn elbow and he looked a bit rocked and in danger and it was obvious that that was going to steal the round...

Looks like the poll is showing exactly what I thought
Gus 1-3

It's also showing that rnd 2 was really close and could have been scored either way. That was the swing round, so Jones winning 3-2 is not a robbery by any stretch.

10-9 Gus
10-9 Jones
10-9 Gus
10-9 Jones (stole that round with the almost-finish)
10-9 Jones

Close and awesome fight. All those haters should learn from Gus, he takes it like a true warrior and doesn't start whining like a little bitch - cuz he knows he'll be back. Gus really made me a fan, not only with this fight but also because of his manners.

Gus was winning until he got rocked and nearly finished. He covered well and got away but Jones stole that round convincingly.

Jones 2,4,5

it really shows the issue with judging each round separately though, especially in a close fight like this where one fighter might barely steal a round which will be worth just as much as one fighter winning another round handily

overall there is no way the fight as a whole could be seen as a loss for Jones, imho. A draw, maybe...

I don't feel there was enough actually happening offensively for either fighter to win rounds 2-5 clearly.

Gustafsson took round 1 pretty clear to me, but the rest of them one guy was pointfighting and one guy was trying too hard to do damage, neither one of them impressed me in those last 4 rounds, and I don't see any way to objectively put one over the other there.

Not a very good fight. One guy just didn't want to be there and ruined it, but thats his style, to piss you off and make you beat yourself.

Jones 2,4,5

it really shows the issue with judging each round separately though, especially in a close fight like this where one fighter might barely steal a round which will be worth just as much as one fighter winning another round handily

overall there is no way the fight as a whole could be seen as a loss for Jones, imho. A draw, maybe...

Why? Jones got taken down, and if either man was pushing the action more it was Gustafsson.

After rewatching the fight:

Round 1: 10:10 round
Round 2: Jones
Round 3: Gus (also a round that could've been 10-10)
Round 4: Jones
Round 5: Jones

Awesome fight, I was cheering Gus, but thought Jones deserved the win.

Last edited:
I don't feel there was enough actually happening offensively for either fighter to win rounds 2-5 clearly.

Gustafsson took round 1 pretty clear to me, but the rest of them one guy was pointfighting and one guy was trying too hard to do damage, neither one of them impressed me in those last 4 rounds, and I don't see any way to objectively put one over the other there.

Not a very good fight. One guy just didn't want to be there and ruined it, but thats his style, to piss you off and make you beat yourself.

You should stop watching this sport,you have no idea what you're talking about lol

It's the reason why I don't really fault hte judges for giving it to Jones. Even sherdog posters got fooled into thinking a 20 second flurry at the end of the round negates four minutes of losing.

Round 5 clear Jones

Round 4: Clear Jones! I don't see the debate here. Jones was 30 seconds from finishing him. Yes Gus led until the elbow, but that changed everything. You gotta give the round to the guy who does most total damage and closest to finishing. That was Jones in rd 4.

Round 3: Tight, but I think Gus had it.

Round 2: This was the tightest. I'm not sure why you guys are giving a 10-10? That's not an option. I think Jones did just enough to win it. If there is going to be a debate, it should be about this round.

Round 1: Clear Gus

Although, the fight overall was extremely close, if you go round by round I don't think it was. Jones had 2 clear rounds in the bank (4,5). Rounds 1, 2 and 3 were fairly tight. I would have been fairly shocked had Gus pulled it off. I'll be pulling for him in the rematch.

R1 : 10-9 Gus
R2 : 10-9 JJ
R3 : 10-9 Gus
R4 : 10-9 JJ
R5 : 10-9 JJ

BUT I need re watch this fight!

Rewatched and.
R1: 10-9 Gus
R2: 10-9 Jones
R3: 10-9 Gus
R4: 10-10
R5: 10-9 Jones

So all in all I would have scored it a draw..

Back