Who did you give each round to?

I couldnt see the fight (yeah shit I know biggest regret but it was my parents wedding anniversary party) but for what I see and heard, rounds 1 and 3 were big for Gustaffson and rounds 4 and 5 were big for Jones

So round 2 is what seems to be the determining round in the fight.... so my question is... are the haters just giving it to Gustaffson because of that, they are just haters (and I know about haters on Sherdog trust me) .... or was Jones really stronger in round 2 after losing round 1

Somebody please give me a clear assesment of ONLY round 2, how did it go? did somebody take somebody down? for how long? who landed more? any big shots or punches?

Round 1 and 5 were the only true clear rounds.

3 was close but Gus took it.

4 Gus won 4:20 of and got rocked and was hurt the last :40. Most give it to Jones, but the is reason for debate since Gus never actually went down at all.

2 was close. I gave it to Gus, but I would have to rewatch it like 2 or 3 more times in order to really break it down. Nothing too significant happened other than both landing a decent amount of shots and stuffing each others takedowns. I went in watching expecting Jones to win this round since he did on the scorecards, but I felt different (if that means anything). I felt Gus landed more and was more aggressive with the striking. It was very close though.

What's impressive is, currently there is 26 of you who voted Bones won the first round.

4 Gus won 4:20 of and got rocked and was hurt the last :40. Most give it to Jones, but the is reason for debate since Gus never actually went down at all.

I don't know why people have latched onto this revisionist history about the 4th round. If you actually rewatch it, you'll see that it was about even for the first 2:30, then gus put together a really nice sequence for about the next minute and a half, and then Jones took over during the last minute plus. He actually landed a head kick and another elbow prior to the big one that every one talks about. I would say Gus was clearly but NARROWLY ahead going into that last minute, then everything went to shit for him.

This is the same type of revisionism that happened with Silva Sonnen I. Everyone says Chael dominated for 24 minutes. Actually, he was in control for much of the first 4.5 rounds, but he actually got cut very badly by a very deliberate elbow in the 4th and may have even lost that round. But it makes for a much better story to say one guy was dominating, then the other guy came back from the dead like old school Hulk Hogan.

This is a great poll and shows that round 2 was the one that divided people the most. I gave it to Jones but it was definitely a close fight.

2, 4 and 5 for Jones imo.

Rounds 4 and 5 were clearly Jones (4 was almost--but not quite--at 10-8). The first three rounds were all razor close and could have gone either way. It wouldn't be crazy to score the fight 50-45 Jones, but it also wouldn't be crazy to score it 48-47 Gus.

48-47 Jones seems the most reasonable opinion based on everything I have seen and read, although I scored it 49-46 Jones when watching it live, by myself, at a bar (sober) with the sound too low to hear the commentary. I am not a huge fan of either fighter, so I think I was pretty unbiased.

Gus rounds 1 and 3 clearly, round 2 was close but gave it to Gus.

Jones 4 and 5.

Best LHW fight of the year so far

The craziest thing is that 94 people gave round 4 to Gus. Jones won that in about as dominant fashion as a fighter could without getting a 10-8. He was very close to finishing Gus that round. Anyone who gives that round to Gus has zero credibility.

Gus took rounds 1 and 3, Jones 2, 4 and 5.

I can see how someone could make a case for Gus on round 4, he was beating Jones up until the last minute.

The craziest thing is that 94 people gave round 4 to Gus. Jones won that in about as dominant fashion as a fighter could without getting a 10-8. He was very close to finishing Gus that round. Anyone who gives that round to Gus has zero credibility.

You're insane. Jones barely took the round as a 10-9.

You're insane. Jones barely took the round as a 10-9.

This. Jones didn't "dominate" round 4, he stole round 4. Nothing against stealing the round, especially in the fashion that he did, but that's what happened.

I gave alex only the first

Back