Who did well against Alvarez? Conor or Poirier?

A horrible team in any sport can beat a great team on any given day. It's not just in mma. When buster beat tyson is an example in other combat sports. Sometimes the lesser team/guy wins, but most of the time the better does. Shit happens in any sport.
Of course it does happen, but it's a lot more likely in MMA because you aren't given a chance to comeback. In football, if the weaker team manages to score a couple of TDs, the other team can still regroup and win. There's nothing that can change the game instantly because of one action. You can't regroup from being KOed lol or caught in a triangle. Give me an example of Sonnen/Silva, or Lewis/Volkov in any other sport, where a team was leading by a huge margin and then lost in the last bit of the game. One home run will never trump 10 runs. However one KO will trump 5 rounds of domination. The closest you get is other combat sports with KOs. But even there if you get KD, the ref steps in and gives you another couple of chances at least.

Of course it does happen, but it's a lot more likely in MMA because you aren't given a chance to comeback. In football, if the weaker team manages to score a couple of TDs, the other team can still regroup and win. There's nothing that can change the game instantly because of one action. You can't regroup from being KOed lol or caught in a triangle. Give me an example of Sonnen/Silva, or Lewis/Volkov in any other sport, where a team was leading by a huge margin and then lost in the last bit of the game. One home run will never trump 10 runs. However one KO will trump 5 rounds of domination. The closest you get is other combat sports with KOs. But even there if you get KD, the ref steps in and gives you another couple of chances at least.

Matt Hughes when caught in Carlos newton's triangle stood up lifting calros. He went unconscious and fell. Carlos head hit the canvas and knocked him out, while hughes began to wake up. Hughes gets the win after recovering from a triangle. Lol I know it was a freak occurance. NFL has very high scoring and lots of people on the team. Nhl, or mlb would both suffer from losing certain people and be possible for a huge comeback. A pitcher for mlb or a goalie in the nhl would be an example. Put a different guy in who's not on point and things can change dramatically very fast. Also there have been occasions where saved by the bell when literally on a different planet, and came back and won. Any sport where its 1 vs 1 a guy can lose for the whole fight on points and still win in the last second. Overeem beat that dude in his last fight until the very last few seconds. It can change in an instant for sure, but so can a team game if certain positions get injured, especially if it's a bad injury where the mindset of the teammates are effected negatively. It's only more likely in mma because the score only matters if you go all 5 rounds. No other non combat sport that I can think of has way to end the contest on 1 play.

Back