Who destroyed Chris Weidman worse - Luke Rockhold or Yoel Romero?

I think the knee was more brutal, but was one punch.
When Luke put him on Mount, the punishment was similar to Junior & Cain. Glad it was not for as long as Junior endured.

Weidman was arguably winning until Yoel destroyed his face, on the other hand Cucklord totally dominated him.

Yoel destroyed both Weidman and Rockhold, so that's pimp.

To put things in perspective, Weidman beat the MW GOAT like it was nothing, and Rockhold beat him like it was nothing...then Yoel folded them both up.

Whoever gave him that permanent Popeye stroke look, can't remember which one of them did it though, lmao.

210-WEIDMAN_CHRIS.png

Thats what 30 LB weight cut will do to you o_O

The prolonged beatdown from Luke seems worse to me than the flash ko from Yoel. Chris was totally helpless with Luke on top.

He was arguably winning both fights until.he got.caught. One could argue whether he was winning, they were both competitive fights until getting blasted by both Luke and Romero. Gegard beat him in every way possible from start to finish. That was his worst beating because he got.handled bad.

That Yoel knee was terrifying. I was watching it live,and it looked like a car accident or some shit.

i'd say Romero that knee was just disgusting and he still didn't go out

the sad thing is before every brutal finish Weidman was arguably outpointing all his opponents
he was outstriking Moose, more active than Romero and more or less even with Rockhold

i would say rockhold, the romero knockout was brutal but the fight was competitive until then, rockhold was complete domination, despite what rogan like to say about "that kick"
It wasn't complete domination before the kick, but I do agree that it is bs when people say Weidman had it handled until he threw the dumb kick. I only watched the fight once. I remember Weidman seeming to have a bit of an edge early on, but Luke starting to take over as the fight went on. It wasn't dramatic on either side, but I think if 'the kick' didn't happen Luke would have take a decision or a late TKO.

Weidman wasn't destroyed by any of them. Not Rockhold, not Romero and not Moose. The fights were even or Weidman was winning until near the end or up until the last moment. Its dishonest to suggest otherwise.
the romero fight was even going into the 3rd...but the rockhold fight was not. Weidman arguably won the first round, but that's it. He lost the 2nd, 3rd and of course the 4th.

Machida when he caught Weidman in the 4th round. He wasn't the same fighter after that. He seemed to have a pretty solid chin until then, then he got sloppy looking for the finish and Machida hit him clean and he never fully recovered. After that, I can't think of another top fighter that takes strikes worse than Weidman.

I thought Yoel literally cracked his skull when I seen the way he collapsed and and started leaking. I thought he dieded.....

Yoel wins that one

Back