Who destroyed Chris Weidman worse - Luke Rockhold or Yoel Romero?

I think the loss to Luke was more humbling.

The ego had landed.

As far as the Romero loss, I'm glad he didn't break his skull like Venom/Cyborg.

Agreed that it wasn't complete domination.
What were those obvious signs?
lazy eye and weird speech.
Rockhold ofc. Anyone who says otherwise is just biased because they hate Luke and like Romero.
Nah, it was just different. Luke went medieval on his ass for sure, but when Romero's knee landed I thought I witnessed the first death in the octagon. One was brutal, humbling and prolonged, the other was a brief moment of enormous violence.

Luke.

The Yoel fight was pretty close until the jumping knee.

I can't believe people make fun and get enjoyment out of Yoel's knee on Weidman he has to live with that disfigurement forever. Same for Bispings eye by cheat Vitor.

but when Romero's knee landed I thought I witnessed the first death in the octagon.

I think that might just tell about you and how you feel about Romero, rather than that moment being that special. He threw a flying knee and it landed, it happens in MMA. Weidman didn't even go fully uncoscious.

The Rockhold match was the first fight I had to turn away from. That was brutal and while it was happening, I thought for sure the towel would come in. I was just thinking, "I hope his wife isn't witnessing this".

The Rockhold capitalized on a dummy mistake. The Chris held his own.

Gay Jesus didn't give The Chris any chance to breathe.

Neither destroyed him. He had competitive fights with both before being finished.

Now canderson silva he got destoyed.

Rockhold gave him a beating.
Yoel almost killed him.
It's a different scale.

Most devastating would be Mousasi.

Mousasi made Weidman try to cheat for the win. Disgusting

I felt Rockhold was more brutal when it happened. Half the bar was yelling stop the fight minutes before it was over. Then his dad “embarrassed” him afterward lol.

With Yoel, it was boom and done.

USADA destroyed te Chris worse than anybody, as a Weidman fan this is the most unfortunate, but likely scenario of his past 5 fights.

Weidman wasn't destroyed by any of them. Not Rockhold, not Romero and not Moose. The fights were even or Weidman was winning until near the end or up until the last moment. Its dishonest to suggest otherwise.

However, Rockhold had the best performance. He slowly took over the fight and didn't turn the tide with one big shot.
There is no such thing as "winning".

How does it even make sense to say "he was winning until he lost"? Then he wasn't really winning because he didn't "win"

REMINDER: Only man to KO the UNBEATABLE , INSANE , MATRIX SILVA something HW champ Cormier couldn't even dream of doing.

That said Rocksalt pounded his face into bolivian

He was somewhat competitive against Rockhold, he got destroyed against Yoel and Mousasi.

didn't Yoel permanently disfigure his face and give him Michael Bisping eye?

USADA destroyed te Chris worse than anybody, as a Weidman fan this is the most unfortunate, but likely scenario of his past 5 fights.

the IV ban to stop fighters from rehydrating after cuts is what killed Weidman

this came into play way before the widespread random testing did and weidman immediately dropped like 10 lbs so that he could still fight at 185.

I still think he would do amazingly at 205.

I think that might just tell about you and how you feel about Romero, rather than that moment being that special. He threw a flying knee and it landed, it happens in MMA. Weidman didn't even go fully uncoscious.
Do you see 200 lbs men land such strikes on the regular?

Back