Who deserves the shot more...Khabib or Feruson?

dmc

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Obviously everyone is saying Khabib will kill Conor and that Conor is scared of him...But why isnt anyone talking about Tony getting the shot? It realy does not matter to me who gets it, because Conor will/would beat them both...

I ma just curious why Khabibs name is brought up more than Tonys is all...

UFC record...
Khabib is 8-0, first fight was Jan 2012
Tony is 13-1, first fight was June 2011, and his loss was May 2012 via decision

Khabib has fought 2x this year, zero times last year, and once in 2014
Tony has fought 2x this year, 3x last year, and 3x in 2014

So from 2014 to present, Khabib has fought 3 times, and from 2014 to present Tony has fought 8 times...

Both deserve it. i can live with both choices

They should fight for it like I've said even before the Conor/Alvarez fight.

Khabib only wants Tony and Ferguson wants the money right. If the UFC can't come to terms with El Cucuy it could stall the division even more than it already is.

That's why Khabib should have changed the gameplan when Aldo stepped up to fill in.

Ferguson easily. If it wasn't for him then Khabib.

Obviously everyone is saying Khabib will kill Conor and that Conor is scared of him...But why isnt anyone talking about Tony getting the shot? It realy does not matter to me who gets it, because Conor will/would beat them both...

I ma just curious why Khabibs name is brought up more than Tonys is all...

UFC record...
Khabib is 8-0, first fight was Jan 2012
Tony is 13-1, first fight was June 2011, and his loss was May 2012 via decision

Khabib has fought 2x this year, zero times last year, and once in 2014
Tony has fought 2x this year, 3x last year, and 3x in 2014

So from 2014 to present, Khabib has fought 3 times, and from 2014 to present Tony has fought 8 times...
Did you only click one thread, read only the OP, and determine that nobody wants Ferg to get a title shot?

Gotta go with Tony even though I like Khabib way more and think he's probably the better fighter.

Tony has been tearing shit up lately while Khabibs only win in 2 years is Michael Johnson and some random guy.

El Cucuy just based on activity. Other than that horrible round in the Vannata fight, he's looked nigh untouchable the past few years

Both can go but el cucuy deserves it more. He just beat rda who was #1 and not long ago was champ. The eagle beat michael johnson but many have. If the ufc wants conor to fight khabib in russia to make big $ thats still fine with me tho.

I am ok with either guy getting the shot.

That is assuming that Conor actually tries to defend the belt.

Ferguson; Nurmagomedov hasn't beaten a top 5 fighter while they were in the top 5 (unless you count RDA, who was ranked 5th in only the UFC "rankings" and was ranked 6-10 everywhere else).

Ferguson for sure. He's been more active and has better wins.

I still want to see them fight each other. Hopefully everything gets worked out.

Both deserve it. Either choice would be acceptable.

If I had to pick one, although I'm a Khabib fan, I think that Ferg has the stronger case for the title shot.

Have Aldo vs Khabib for interim. I will fight Ferguson.

Would say Khabib based off the fact that he's undefeated and was owed a title shot before he got injured, and has looked improved since he came back. Ferguson most certainly deserves it too though. It's a tough call. They should fight each other.

They both do. If I had to pick one it'd be Tony based on being active and getting performance bonuses left and right. His last 4 fights have been ridiculously entertaining.

After both of their last fights, Kebab. I have always believed Khabib to be the superior fighter, but prior to their last fights (especially Khabib's) I probably would've said Ferguson had a better case for a shot.

Ferguson by a bit. He's fought so much more frequently and has as good or better wins over the past few years.

Khabib is still a solid option, and if he got the shot I wouldn't complain. He looked sensational against MJ. I hope we get to see Conor fight both and Ferg fight Khabib before they call it a wrap.

Back