Who deserves the shot more...Khabib or Feruson?

Ferguson truly deserves it based on being active and quality of opponents. I get the argument for Khabib, but his inactivity due to injury just puts him a step behind Ferguson IMO.

However, with that said I wouldn't be upset either way if one got the title shot over the other.

He may deserve it, but he has a contract, he agreed without complaint. Later he complained and is now refusing.
This is why the UFC contracts are garbage. Or at least Tonys is. Not all fights should be created equal. If you're a preliminary fighter on a fight pass card to main event on a ppv. There should be different rates for different fights. Like when Khabib came back after a long injury and had to fight that rookie Horcher. Khabib shouldn't have gotten paid the same rate vs Horcher as he would have fighting TFerg. The contracts should have a base pay rate. Meaning the minimum they get paid for any given fight. Then based on their performances of winning, they can negotiate for better pay. The more wins and more impressive you look in those wins. Your pay should increase. If you lose. Then you should lose any increase unless you're a special case like Connor or Ronda.

Habib's premature ranking and push is one of the most disgraceful things in recent MMA history.

I want Ferguson because if he wins (he won't, though) that sets up a rematch with Lando, full camp this time and we get ...

Groovy champ 2017

@BC @One MMA Fan @sirmorbach @Myrddin Wyllt @Sgt Smith
Regardless of who it is Groovy Lando V will Groove all over them.

@One MMA Fan @sirmorbach

#L.O.G

If Ferguson wins (he won't, though), Lando will put his ugly head on a spike in a very groovy fashion.

Groovy Lando is coming. See it. Know it. Feel it.

#L.O.G

If Ferguson wins (he won't, though), Lando will put his ugly head on a spike in a very groovy fashion.

#L.O.G

<bball2>
BEWARE OF THE GROOVE

SoGDB5u.gif

#L.O.G

#L.O.G

Oh goddamn it, now I have to get a Twatter account just to follow the groove.

I love that fucking guy. I like El Cucuy, too, it's a shame he's not long for this world.

Ferguson. He's fought more names and has been more active.

Ferguson probably deserves a bit more, but if he continues to hold out, it becomes a no-brainer. The UFC has to go with Khabib, he's the one who's good with his pay and is healthy, so he should get the shot.

As a side, it's been interesting watching Aldo throw his hat into the mix, as well, this is the most exciting career path Jose can choose. After Max, there isn't anything left for him. The fights for him are at 155 lbs. now. The next two years are going to be pretty crazy in that division.

Can't wait! ~ Kenny Florian

Beating someone ranked in the top 4 would help your claim to deserving a title shot.

I want Ferguson because if he wins (he won't, though) that sets up a rematch with Lando, full camp this time and we get ...

Groovy champ 2017

@BC @One MMA Fan @sirmorbach @Myrddin Wyllt @Sgt Smith

Regardless of who it is Groovy Lando V will Groove all over them.

@One MMA Fan @sirmorbach

#L.O.G

Conor vs Khabib

Tony vs Lando 2

Tony said he doesn't want the LW strap so let him pull out a win from his behind against a fully ready Lando.

Last edited:
Well I guess we finally get to find out at UFC 209...I think Tony wins, but both lose to Conor, regardless...

After the weight cut BS @209, Tony should be #1 contender without any question...But it seems they are gonna re book this fight now, which is some effin BS tbh. Its a disgrace to the sport, the fans, and to Tony.

Khabib does not deserve a #1 contender fight, he deserves a layoff and a lower ranked guy. Tony should have the option to sit out and wait, or fight whoever he wants to. I still have no idea why Tony was so calm about all of this, maybe Dana paid him off to not talk sh*t on camera. Because how could he be so polite about all of this, when his opponent pulled out and not making weight is the worst excuse you can have. Especially in a fight this high profile...

Back