Who deserves a rematch more - Anderson or Gustafsson?

ethanfranklin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Simple question.

Please justify your answers.

132_chris_weidman_vs_anderson_silva.0_standard_352.0.jpg

202_jon_jones_vs_alexander_gustafsson.0_standard_352.0.jpg

weidmansilvagnp.gif

winner.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

l6d.gif

anderson. he's the greatest Champ the UFC had so far and has more title defences than anyone else.

Based on clout, Anderson but based on the overall competitiveness and closeness of the fight, Gus.

Anderson. He was the champion forever and Weidman said he'd give him an immediate rematch if he won anyway.

Anderson because he's an insane legend-champion and maybe the GOAT

Neither of them. They both lost fair and square.

Anderson lost because he was acting like a total idiot and deservedly got ko'd. Why should he get an immediate rematch?

Gus lost a war but IMO the judges got it right so again despite being a grerat fight why should he be considered for an immediate rematch?

Anderson lost because he was acting like a total idiot and deservedly got ko'd. Why should he get an immediate rematch?

Gus lost a war but IMO the judges got it right so again despite being a grerat fight why should he be considered for an immediate rematch?

This.

And "deserves" rarely comes into play in the UFC anyways.

3/10
for this Anderson hate thread (1 point from even trying to cover it up, another 1 for pulling for my boy Gus)

Deserves? Idk.

Much more interested in seeing Gus/Jones II and a bit more than Cain/JDS III for that matter.

Both deserve rematches.
Gus because that was a controversial decision...
Andy because it was fluke-ish...

Anderson doesn't even want a rematch. Give it to Gus, he wants it & doesn't clown like Silva

Gus vs Jones is going to be the new Cain vs JDS.

Well a close fight, no matter who gets the nod, does not deserve an instant rematch. So Gus is out.

A champ should not get an instant rematch either unless their is some weird controversy, like a freak injury loss, so Anderson does not deserve an instant rematch either.

But if I had to pick, I would give it to the sitting champ who is older, not due to deserving it but rather for earned respect.

Agree (although I disagree about why Anderson lost).

To be clear, I think both fighters deserve a rematch, just not an immediate one. With that said, I think it makes more sense to give Andy an immediate rematch than Gus, because Andy was so dominant for so long. And for the record, I cannot stand Anderson Silva, but his track record counts for something regardless of how I feel about him.

Back