Who covers up with their hands the best in MMA?

Goddamned that's beautiful. I love when people say FIGHTMETRIC SAYS ROBBIE GOT HIT 127 SIGNIFICANT TIMES!! Well, not all "significant" strikes are created equal. Robbie very rarely gets hit hard. I don't think anyone has found even 3-5 strikes from Condit that landed hard in their entire fight.

This. Robbie has brilliant defense. Condit was busted up. People saying Condit won were listening to Rogain and Goldberg.

I'm gonna say Rampage as well. I think throwing those forearms and flexed biceps up were tailor made for Silva's looping hooks but really for MMA in general, since most combos are one twos.

Like they said, covers are for pussies. Real men take it in the face.

zP54lY.gif

Let me also add that real men rehydrate on smokes and beer. Pedialyte is for sick babies.

qbfrif87kqdbco71bydd.jpg

Damn whos the guy with the pink hair.

got to be diego sanchez by far.

People are often quickly impressed by fancy footworks like Dominic Cruz has, or the elusive head movements like Anderson Silva showed at times, to avoid strikes from their opponents
Yet, there are often times when one finds their back against the cage or just unable to utilize head movement or footworks to incoming one or multiple strikes coming from their opponents.

Who are the best fighters who covers up best to defend against strikes in MMA?
Rory Macdonald, Rampage, Lawler, Cain (Usually) and Overeem

Chris Lytle was quite good at it

Ricardo Mayorga. He even let Shane Mosley hit him in the face.

giphy.gif

Don't really like the Mayorga arrogant type but i gotta hand it to him, that dude had one hell of a chin and a huge pair of cojones to let elite boxers tee of on his face like that, crazy guy.

Also to stay on topic, i agree with Rampage and Shogun but i think the reason we don't see it too much is because the gloves are so small in MMA that it will always leave spots open even if you cover up so i think the best defense guys are the ones deflecting / parrying / moving their head in MMA. Weidman is imo one of the best MMA fighters at avoiding damage in the standup, he has very intelligent defense, too bad his speed / reflexes aren't on par with most elite MWs otherwise the guy would easily have the best standup at MW.

Robbie is good example also, he covers up nicely and parries / deflects / dodges punches very nicely while staying in the pocket.

Back