Who covers up with their hands the best in MMA?

Yes, I came to say Shogun or Rampage.

Shogun has a great double forearm guard which isn't effective in MMA, but he uses it and uses it well.

Rampage is explanatory from previous posts.

Like the guy above said, covers are for pussies.

mark-hunt-o.gif

Goddamned that's beautiful. I love when people say FIGHTMETRIC SAYS ROBBIE GOT HIT 127 SIGNIFICANT TIMES!! Well, not all "significant" strikes are created equal. Robbie very rarely gets hit hard. I don't think anyone has found even 3-5 strikes from Condit that landed hard in their entire fight.

Like they said, covers are for pussies. Real men take it in the face.

zP54lY.gif

Let me also add that real men rehydrate on smokes and beer. Pedialyte is for sick babies.

qbfrif87kqdbco71bydd.jpg

Also..one punch man.
1333387514_shaolin_fighter_takes_punches_without_going_down.gif

Reem was the fighter that popped in to my mind when I read the title.

I'm glad Rampage is the consensus so far in this thread. His defense in the beginning of Wand/Rampage 2 was fricken beautiful, it didn't last though...

Also Shogun is another great example.

The very best in my mind is Surprisingly Tito. On the ground he covered perfect and standing he got those elbows up quick. Considering how much done real estate he has to protect its even more impressive

Machida was great at deflecting and countering.
However you do not seem him utilize it as often now.

2aeyrsl_jpg.gif

He never does the straight left + trip thing either anymore. Can't remember the last fight he did it in.

He never does the straight left + trip thing either anymore. Can't remember the last fight he did it in.

He implemented everything nearly flawlessly against Thiago Silva
At that time I believed it was going to be era of Machida for quite some time.

Fred Ettish.

The very best in my mind is Surprisingly Tito. On the ground he covered perfect and standing he got those elbows up quick. Considering how much done real estate he has to protect its even more impressive
I see what you're saying. Unlike Shogun or Rampage though he didn't have crazy KO power to threaten with so even if he could cover up well eventually you got to throw something back to gain your opponents respect and he was unable to do that against guys like Liddel.

Goddamned that's beautiful. I love when people say FIGHTMETRIC SAYS ROBBIE GOT HIT 127 SIGNIFICANT TIMES!! Well, not all "significant" strikes are created equal. Robbie very rarely gets hit hard. I don't think anyone has found even 3-5 strikes from Condit that landed hard in their entire fight.

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

Back