Who can beat Jan Blachowicz?

Rumble if he comes back before he retired.

No DC or Jones to stop him now and 2015 Rumble KOs him.

Bones would’ve took him down. I know Jan isn’t a slouch on the ground, but it’s Bones. Don’t like the dude but he the goat right now.
Jan's wrestling is actually his strength and he's been at Pawel Nastura (Jude Gold Medalist) team for a while so his Greco/Judo is also a strength.

If im izzy i move up real quick and take the lhw belt and vacate it gsp style.

Jon Jones thinks he can
y9EJmWZ.png
Jones wipin his brow like "Oh thank god, he's short."

Jan will lose to the next LHW champ, Jiri Motherfucking Prochazka.
giphy.gif

Perhaps Rakic down the road.

Perhaps...
I am not convinced Rakic is ripe.

Jan seems to have a good chin as well. I love Rumble but Jan is tough as fuck
Rumble is a 3 minute man.

I would say a lot of people could beat him, no point in naming them all. He will be a short lived champ I think.
Lets agree to disagree. I think he reigns for 3-5 fights and retires.

Old age, he is 37 yrs old. He does have that old man strength. But yeah I dont see him holding onto to that belt for too long because of his age
He looks to be in his physical prime at 37. DC would give a million dollars to be 37 again.

jan will not have more than 1 title .1 is his cap. getting to 1 is not even a guarantee. Reyes could beat him if he doesn't underestimate him and isn't mentally rattled by being demolished. He didn't learn from his jon loss much because it wasn't a loss in his eyes. So he overlooked jan. Now he has a real loss, but also he got embarrassed. That may fuck with him mentally or push him even harder.

I think any top 5 LHW can win the title on any given night. It's going to be hot potato now that Jon isn't there.
Reyes didn't underestimate him, Reyes said he evolved into a new level for this fight, he was completely new fighter, much more dangerous than 2019 Reyes.

Seems like people continue to underestimate this guy but he is huge for 205 yet has decent height at 6-2 and massive power and chin. It looked like Rockhold couldn't even hurt him no matter what he did.

He used to be a decision guy but has seemed to have realized his punching power. Similar career trajectory to Dan Henderson.
Nobody can get close to Jan without getting clipped hard, he is too powerful on close distance.

If im izzy i move up real quick and take the lhw belt and vacate it gsp style.
See My Boy and Rockhard.

Magomed Ankalaev once the fight against Cutelaba finally happens and his career stops getting wasted

Jan is definitely beatable but a TUF test for anyone. He’s definitely a case of someone who is becoming their best as he moves past his physical prime, as his counter wrestling used to be very weak.

The way I see it, he is greatly improved as a defensive wrestler but might still be able to be exploited with takedowns. Luckily for him, Jones is really the only top LHW right now likely to be able to exploit this.

His other weakness is speed and this will continue to get worse for him as he ages. His last loss was from getting blitzed by Thiago after looking very sharp and at the top of his game until that moment. Santos is another fighter who greatly improved over the last few years, but let us hope he recovers from his surgeries as dynamic as before. If he comes back with reduced mobility then his chances are not good against Blachowicz in particular who is a very efficient, powerful, and defensively sound striker.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying the reason he won't be champ for long is cause he's 37. I'm not saying he'll be champ for long but Cormier was dominant at that age and older for quite a few years.
I think there are a couple significant differences between the two. One is that Cormier is a very fast guy, so he could afford to lose some zip and still probably be the faster man against most opponents.

Another is that Cormier’s greatest strength has always been his wrestling, and whereas we tend to see strikers lose a little quickness and maybe see things in a little slower and they fall off a cliff suddenly, whereas someone who can either push someone around in the clinch or just be on top of his opponent can nullify the advantages younger men possess.

I love Jan but I don't think he holds onto the belt too long. Hope he does tho.

1FDB43D9-957A-4D1E-BA5C-2844B80D5E47.gif

people forget this happened. thiago was outpointing him before the KO too. didnt just clip him. i do think jan wins a rematch though.

Santos already did and I favor him again against him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back