Who can beat Jan Blachowicz?

Really pleased for the guy. I expect he took a pay cut to join the UFC when he left KSW, and I'm glad it eventually paid off.

I suspect this was a Bisping-like late career resurgence though. I think that belt will be passed around a lot over the next couple of years. There's 7 or 8 at the top of that lhw division who'd all be close odds against each other.

Gustafsson got out struck by Jan and went for the takedown and did what so ever no damage on top, he got lit up on the feet.

Last edited:
I would have to see Santos back in action before I even attempt to make a call on that. He's a total question mark right now.

Rakic is my boy, and was my pick out of the "new three" prospects of Walker, Reyes, and himself. I still stand by that, and believe he will be champion.

Gustafsson and DC just unretired,
they are losing weight right now

I’m very happy for Jan and that I got my prediction right (failed with Adesanya-Costa) but seriously, there are MANY that can beat Jan. this is what is so in exciting about LHW - there are so many good but few/no great fighters in the division. Rewind a couple of years and the top 5 would smoke Jan. I’ve said it many times before, LHW is a mess and we are back with MWs having some success which mostly is due to the division having regressed so badly.

Next prediction is that Glover puts hammer chest in his place and either UDs or knocks him out. Reyes clearly is good but he would probably not have fought his way to a title fight a couple of years ago.

Jon Jones thinks he can
y9EJmWZ.png

Ducking HW again lol. Sounds right.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying the reason he won't be champ for long is cause he's 37. I'm not saying he'll be champ for long but Cormier was dominant at that age and older for quite a few years.

Lots of people. I don’t think he’ll be champ long.

Fair play to him though, he’s looked good lately. I’d favour Jones, Santos, Rumble, Rakic & Jiri over him.

So who do you think has the best chance of beating Jan?

He probably fights these two next. The LHW division is getting interesting dogs!

Regarding to interview with manager of Prochazka - Jan wants to avenge his lose versus Santos next

and some matches are already in works -

Santos vs Teixeira - winner should go vs Jan

Prochazka vs Rakič - winner should go vs Reyes or vs Loser of Santos vs Teixeira

It would make my MMA year if Glover could get a title shot and win UFC gold. It’s what I’ve always wanted since he finally got his visa problems fixed and came to the UFC. Getting by Santos is an extremely difficult task, but if he does, I think Jan is probably his best chance to win gold. (I could see it going either way) He could pull a GSP and have Jan be his Bisping. (Getting the best match up) When circumstances are right, they are right.

I am probably far too hopeful, but hey, I’d love a feel good story for Glover. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy

But Jan keeps surprising me. It’s hard for me to forget him getting 30-25’d by Cory Anderson and losing a majority decision to Pat Cummins. I know he has improved since then but I saw those two fights and they keep popping back into my brain.

Any decent wrestler will still do that. Or you don't even have to be a wrestling based as long as you have good TD's (Gus).

The man who KOd him last year?

I was impressed at how much more powerful he is than Reyes. He doesn't waste his energy, he just waits to land a power punch. Iron chin Jones would probably eat half a dozen of those polish misiles and win the decision, but Jon is no longer in the LHW division. So who do you think has the best chance of beating Jan?

The way I see it, Jan has two enemies:
-Mareta, who can out point him (55%)
-Rakic who can TKO him (40%)

He probably fights these two next. The LHW division is getting interesting dogs!

Seems like people continue to underestimate this guy but he is huge for 205 yet has decent height at 6-2 and massive power and chin. It looked like Rockhold couldn't even hurt him no matter what he did.

He used to be a decision guy but has seemed to have realized his punching power. Similar career trajectory to Dan Henderson.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back