Who beats JDS?

Fedor, Jon Jones, DC, and Overeem would have the best chance to beat him. I think JDS is the best though with Overeem being his biggest threat right now. I don't think Cain will get JDS down.

I think Kharitonov would have a good chance. JDS wont take it to the ground, so it will come down to who will throw the heavier leather and the hardest chin. Thats why I think Mark Hunt has a decent chance too. Certainly better than a lot of fighters ranked above him.

I mean.....really.

Reem = gonna fold up when them bombs start dropping
Cain = gonna KO himself putting his mouthpiece in

Who else is in contention?

Hunto might be an interesting fight but I see it playing out just like JDS/Big Country, except Hunto has better/more diverse striking than Roy so...that could play out differently I suppose.

Have we ever seen JDS take a clean, hard shot?

cain will . and please dont make any more threads. ever

I think Kharitonov would have a good chance. JDS wont take it to the ground, so it will come down to who will throw the heavier leather and the hardest chin. Thats why I think Mark Hunt has a decent chance too. Certainly better than a lot of fighters ranked above him.

That's true. Mark Hunt has the style that would give him a better shot against JDS than most people think.

If Cain does not beat JDS, I see him being a dominating champ for several years before he starts getting KO'd ala Chuck, Arlovski, CroCop, etc.

i honestly think cain will come back and win with takedowns possibly grind him out weve seen jds fade aginst big country but the question is did cian learn to take a shot if jds gets taken down against cain we need to see his ground game which i think cain wins in the ground category. if not cain alistair wil destroy him standup wise because imo jds hasnt faced that caliber striker

Cain stands the best chance, but i don't see anyone beating him any time soon. Cormier sounds more interested in Bones, which is good because he's too small for JDS at HW.

I'd say DC has a puncher's chance (Not dissing. Actually I am amazed in DC's punching power). but I don't see him getting the advantage standing unless he can tag Junior.
Junior's boxing is much better than DC's IMO.

AO IMO is the biggest threat. His size and power. We may see some ground game from Junior; but I'd say Junior would try to tag AO standing and see if he crumbles.

Cain... while I do think that Cain is the best overall FIGHTER to face Junior (might be even the better athlete), I just don't think he has the tools to beat Junior.
In order for Cain to be effective, he needs to drop people, and control them on the ground. Junior is just too good defending Takedowns, so I don't see how Cain can win.

Not saying Any of these guys would surely lose to Junior. This is MMA and anything can happen. but l just don;t see anyone beating him now. He got the swagger and the KO Power & TDD to go with it that makes him very dangerous.

There are 3 guys (Overeem,Jones and Cormier) who will definitely beat JDS. Once he fights any one of those 3 guys JDS will lose. Take that to the bank.

I may be confessing complete noobness, but I've never actually known why people call Mark Hunt, Hunto.

So....there it is..

In Japan, when announcing names, Japanese announcers would often add an o or u sound to then end of certain names. Similar to "Bob-u Sapp-u".

:icon_sad:
Fedor, Jon Jones, DC, and Overeem would have the best chance to beat him. I think JDS is the best though with Overeem being his biggest threat right now. I don't think Cain will get JDS down.

Why do you guys keep bringing up Fedor. We get it, he is a legend, but do not be ridiculous, if Silva beat Fedor, what are the chances of Fedor against JDS. This is called blind faith. Fedor is half a size of JDS, how do you expect him to beat JDS? Jumping punch? It is no Mortal Kombat...

Back