Who are ur favorite boxers of alltime from all and any weight classes?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Who are they and do u still rewatch any fights from them occasionally?

Ray Leonard was always my favorite but I have watched those fights so many times that I can't really get into them anymore.

Bob Foster was one of my favorites to watch from older eras. Haven't watched any of his fights in a while though.

Mayweather is my favorite boxer from the current era and I still watch few of his fights from time to time. The Cotto fight was pretty good. The Hatton fight was entertaining in its own way.

These days I tend to just look for fun fights, if I feel like watching boxing. One classic fight I revisit a lot is Roger Mayweather vs Whitaker. Mayweather vs Pazienza was satisfying too, I always disliked PAzienza.

Roy Jones and Tyson, I dont really watch any of the fights but like to watch Tysons early training vids.

I forgot to add Trinidad.

Last edited:
Roberto Duran
Ezzard Charles
Jose Napoles
Kid Gavilan
Alexis Arguello
Mike McCallum
Marvin Hagler
Orlando Canizales
Ernesto Marcel
Sumbu Kalambay
Ismael Laguna
Roman Gonzalez
Chang Jung-Koo
Eusebio Pedroza
Yuh Myung-woo
Lionel Rose
Bernard Hopkins
Howard Winstone
John Conteh
Aaron Pryor
Hiroyuki Ebihara
George Benton
Joey Archer
Bennie Briscoe
Orzubek Nazarov
Jiro Watanabe
Erik Morales
Ayub Kalule
Fighting Harada
Eder Jofre
Gennady Golovkin
Johnny Famechon
Andre Ward

Samart Payakaroon, Somrak Sor Kamsing, and Kongtoranee Payakaroon are 3 nak muays I enjoy watching box as well.

Charley Burley, Holman Williams, and Eddie Booker are 3 guys I really like, whom obviously there is little to no footage of.

And as far as rewatching old fights, all the time. More interesting and much higher level skill to be appreciated compared to the modern era, though there are still great fights (last night's FOTY) and fighters to be seen nowadays too.

Roberto Duran
Ezzard Charles
Jose Napoles
Kid Gavilan
Alexis Arguello
Mike McCallum
Marvin Hagler
Orlando Canizales
Ernesto Marcel
Sumbu Kalambay
Ismael Laguna
Roman Gonzalez
Chang Jung-Koo
Eusebio Pedroza
Yuh Myung-woo
Lionel Rose
Bernard Hopkins
Howard Winstone
John Conteh
Aaron Pryor
Hiroyuki Ebihara
George Benton
Joey Archer
Bennie Briscoe
Orzubek Nazarov
Jiro Watanabe
Erik Morales
Ayub Kalule
Fighting Harada
Eder Jofre
Gennady Golovkin
Johnny Famechon
Andre Ward

Samart Payakaroon, Somrak Sor Kamsing, and Kongtoranee Payakaroon are 3 nak muays I enjoy watching box as well.

Charley Burley, Holman Williams, and Eddie Booker are 3 guys I really like, whom obviously there is little to no footage of.

And as far as rewatching old fights, all the time. More interesting and much higher level skill to be appreciated compared to the modern era, though there are still great fights (last night's FOTY) and fighters to be seen nowadays too.

damn you don't really like anyone do you? lol

Duran
Tyson
Roy Jones
Ali
Julio C Chavez Sr.
Hector Camcho

Hopkins would be my favourite MW.
Duran my favourite LW.
Bowe my favourite HW.
Napoles my favourite WW.
Morales my favourite FW (hard to say exactly where he peaked, but I'll use him here).
Qawi for my favourite LHW.

Something like that without thinking too much more about it.

The Greatest of ALLTIME. No other fighter comes close to being a close to perfection as him. He was the gift from fighters paradise for the fans and a demon from pain island for he foes. He threw with the only purpose of breaking bones and wills. He was a once in Alltime fighter. His fights should be studied in school for their display of manliness and determination and to show to kids that if you fall, you get up and break the ground that you landed on for being there when you fell.

Last edited:
I am a guy who likes punchers more so then point fighters. Trinidad, Hagler, Pryor, Foreman, Golovkin ect. Not for any personal reasons and I try not to wast this short life hating other boxers. I just prefer to watch guys like that.

Ray Leonard was always my favorite but I have watched those fights so many times that I can't really get into them anymore.

Bob Foster was one of my favorites to watch from older eras. Haven't watched any of his fights in a while though.

Mayweather is my favorite boxer from the current era and I still watch few of his fights from time to time. The Cotto fight was pretty good. The Hatton fight was entertaining in its own way.

These days I tend to just look for fun fights, if I feel like watching boxing. One classic fight I revisit a lot is Roger Mayweather vs Whitaker. Mayweather vs Pazienza was satisfying too, I always disliked PAzienza.
aren't you a big Shane and Gomez fan as well?

I'd say something like this:

HW: Bowe probably
CW: Jirov
LHW: Foster
SMW: Calzaghe
MW: inclined to say Benvenuti or Hagler
JMW: Hearns I guess
WW: SRL
JWW: Hatton
LW: Whittaker
SFW: Pac
FW: probably Saldivar or Naz
SBW: Barrera
BW: Harada
SFlW: Galaxy
FlW: Wonjongkam
JFlW: Yuh
SW: IDK, I'll say Chocolatito

Last edited:
Kostya Tszyu had some fun fights to watch that's for sure, the Zab Judah one was pretty great.

Marvin Hagler
Rocky Marciano
Manny Pacquiao
Sergio Martinez
James Toney
Oscar de la Hoya

I have no favorites. I am 100% neutral and entirely unbiased in all boxing related discussions. I think with my brain, not my heart. I look at boxing as a science, the intellectual study of punching prowess and ring behavior, free of emotion or subjective judgement.

...Cotto, Holyfield, Pacquiao, Trinidad.

I have no favorites. I am 100% neutral and entirely unbiased in all boxing related discussions. I think with my brain, not my heart. I look at boxing as a science, the intellectual study of punching prowess and ring behavior, free of emotion or subjective judgement.

That's funny!

Duran
Marciano
Toney
Kovalev
GGG
Tua
Monzon
Trinidad
Hopkins
Cotto
Gatti
Tyson
Calzaghe
JMM
Foreman
Frazier
Mayweather
Bowe

Roberto Duran
Ezzard Charles
Jose Napoles
Kid Gavilan
Alexis Arguello
Mike McCallum
Marvin Hagler
Orlando Canizales
Ernesto Marcel
Sumbu Kalambay
Ismael Laguna
Roman Gonzalez
Chang Jung-Koo
Eusebio Pedroza
Yuh Myung-woo
Lionel Rose
Bernard Hopkins
Howard Winstone
John Conteh
Aaron Pryor
Hiroyuki Ebihara
George Benton
Joey Archer
Bennie Briscoe
Orzubek Nazarov
Jiro Watanabe
Erik Morales
Ayub Kalule
Fighting Harada
Eder Jofre
Gennady Golovkin
Johnny Famechon
Andre Ward

That's one hell of a list. Props on the Burley mention. I'm biased and he was from the same state but he was the most skilled boxer in the Murderers' Row imo and in most others. He was born an hour away from where I live and was the stuff of legends. Avoided like the plague, fought much larger guys constantly and never ducked anybody to my knowledge.

Back