Who are ur favorite boxers of alltime from all and any weight classes?

Im surprised only one person has named Floyd so far. This is a pro-Floyd board for the most part but yeah.

I dont think its as pro Manny but he prolly wouldve had alot more votes before JMM KOd him.
I don't think I'd say pro-Manny or pro-Floyd. There are definitely very vocal minorities that are diehard for both guys, but overall, I'd say it's pretty balanced.

i'm a manny fan, he just ain't nowhere near my top ten.

Ray went through a honeymoon phase where everyone loved him but by the time of I'd say the second hearns fight, the public really started to turn on him. His using his position to manipulate fight terms to his advantage and also, his trying to obviously mindfuck hagler after their fight and toy with the idea of a rematch. Duran, Hearns and Hagler had huge contingents of fans and no one liked seeing their men treated like that. The result is, to this day, many fans haven't forgiven him even though he always seems to be a simple vulnerable guy these days.
Yeah I'm more of a Duran and Hagler fan. Those guys are in my top 10 top 20. Mayweather was more successful but I think of the two of them in very similar ways. Just from watching documentaries and reading books and magazines I know you're right. For me SRL sort of has an asterisk but is one of the all time best.

no, because he's too incomplete and one dimensional, the same thing that made him an easy fight for Mayweather.

Ray went through a honeymoon phase where everyone loved him but by the time of I'd say the second hearns fight, the public really started to turn on him. His using his position to manipulate fight terms to his advantage and also, his trying to obviously mindfuck hagler after their fight and toy with the idea of a rematch. Duran, Hearns and Hagler had huge contingents of fans and no one liked seeing their men treated like that. The result is, to this day, many fans haven't forgiven him even though he always seems to be a simple vulnerable guy these days.

Leonard was an opportunist and business man. Never liked him as a fan

i was always a Hearns guy even tho he was the worst of the 4. Always felt like he was couple adjustments away from being a top level ATG if he cleaned up some of his defensive problems. His stance/back never were corrected i think thats a big part of why he couldnt take punches well or handle pressure well like against Barkley, Kinchen, Marvin when he pressured etc. What is noteworthy is he has a hunchback these days, he was always mediocre as far as fundamental/sound defense went but offensively he was a dynamo and threat to anyone near that weight

Leonard was awful in those days, especially when he retired and came back over and over, he just acted like such a prima donna and his opponents put up with it because he was the star. As far as Hearns, well, all the other three I'm a huge fan of. I don't think Tommy could have done much about his shortcomings, he had stamina problems and durability problems, just like most long and lanky fighters. He was so goddamned exciting though, even a b level opponent could make a great fight because he could be hurt at anytime. I wonder why he has a hunchback, maybe just poor posture.

no, because he's too incomplete and one dimensional, the same thing that made him an easy fight for Mayweather.
Man I can't believe how similarly we both think about Manny. We're usually disagreeing about everything..lol

right on, how about that, you're right for once.

Roberto Duran
Ezzard Charles
Jose Napoles
Kid Gavilan
Alexis Arguello
Mike McCallum
Marvin Hagler
Orlando Canizales
Ernesto Marcel
Sumbu Kalambay
Ismael Laguna
Roman Gonzalez
Chang Jung-Koo
Eusebio Pedroza
Yuh Myung-woo
Lionel Rose
Bernard Hopkins
Howard Winstone
John Conteh
Aaron Pryor
Hiroyuki Ebihara
George Benton
Joey Archer
Bennie Briscoe
Orzubek Nazarov
Jiro Watanabe
Erik Morales
Ayub Kalule
Fighting Harada
Eder Jofre
Gennady Golovkin
Johnny Famechon
Andre Ward

Samart Payakaroon, Somrak Sor Kamsing, and Kongtoranee Payakaroon are 3 nak muays I enjoy watching box as well.

Charley Burley, Holman Williams, and Eddie Booker are 3 guys I really like, whom obviously there is little to no footage of.

And as far as rewatching old fights, all the time. More interesting and much higher level skill to be appreciated compared to the modern era, though there are still great fights (last night's FOTY) and fighters to be seen nowadays too.
Holy holy did you just cut and paste the whole database from boxrec lol just kidding great list

And I think many will say there are tons to list

For me it's BHop old school YouTube of him when he was young was fun to watch

I like Triple G
I like ward dude is the truth huge talent
I like Chavez Sr because I won't be a real Mexican if I don't
Hands of stone (the real one )
Prince Haned and Mayorga
Chocolatito
El terrible
Oh hell too many to list

I love lots of fighters, impossible to limit them to just 10, been many, many special men who've laced em up.

Hagler, Holyfield, Morales, RJones, Macho time, Floyd, Hopkins and Joe Louis (for the old timers)

honorable mention for Meldrick Taylor (short prime) and Terry Norris (mainly for the beatdown he gave Sugar Ray)

Hopkins
Gatti
Toney
Roy
Marquez

Those guys are probably my favorites. I remember spending hours after training watching Toney fight. He's always the guy that comes to mind first. Him or Hopkins. I could name a million more but that's my top 5 for various reasons.

Hagler
Hopkins
Sweet Pea
Trinidad
Of the younger guys I've become a fan of Errol Spence quickly

Hopkins would be my favourite MW.
Duran my favourite LW.
Bowe my favourite HW.
Napoles my favourite WW.
Morales my favourite FW (hard to say exactly where he peaked, but I'll use him here).
Qawi for my favourite LHW.

Something like that without thinking too much more about it.

I would have expected Frazier at HW for some reason.. Bowe was an interesting fighter for that weight.

damn you don't really like anyone do you? lol

Haha, out of all the boxers throughout history, I'd say around 40 or so favourites isn't much (;

That's one hell of a list. Props on the Burley mention. I'm biased and he was from the same state but he was the most skilled boxer in the Murderers' Row imo and in most others. He was born an hour away from where I live and was the stuff of legends. Avoided like the plague, fought much larger guys constantly and never ducked anybody to my knowledge.

It is a shame we don't have much footage of some of the greats. As awesome as it would be to have Greb's considering he is in that GOAT tier with Langford, Robinson, and Armstrong, I think I would much prefer to watch footage of guys like Booker, Williams, or Burley.

Back