Who are ur favorite boxers of alltime from all and any weight classes?

My observations are thatnthenteuthful answers for 90% of the people on here are either:
Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, Muhammed Ali, anyone who fought Floyd Mayweather and not Manny Pacquiao

Or

Manny Pacquiao, Mike Tyson, Muhammed Ali, anyone who fought Manny Pacquaio and not Floyd Mayweather

Roy Jones Jr.
Hozumi Hasegawa
Finnito Lopez
Thomas Hearn
Naoya Inoue
Toshiaki Nishioka
Kaosai Galaxy
Manny Pacquiao
Arturo Gatti
Takashi Uchiyama
Mike Tyson
Tomoki Kameda
Gennady Golovkin
Shinsuke Yamanaka

Julian Jackson
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr
Mike Tyson
Alexis Arguello

Who are they and do u still rewatch any fights from them occasionally?
Salvador Sanchez
Joe Louis
Felix Trinidad
Michael Carbajal
Ricardo Lopez
Pernell Whitaker

Edited to add

James Toney
Julian Jackson
Alexis Arguello
Evander Holyfield

Last edited:
Salvador Sanchez
Joe Louis
Felix Trinidad
Michael Carbajal
Ricardo Lopez
Pernell Whitaker

Edited to add

James Toney
Julian Jackson
Alexis Arguello
Evander Holyfield

All of those &

Thomas Hearns
Juan Manuel Marquez
Humberto Gonzalez
JCC (the real one, not the fat drug-cheat one)
Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns
Mike McCallum
SRR
SRL (when he wasn't being a douchebag)
Nigel Benn
Marlon Starling
Ike Quartey
Brian Mitchell
Thomas "The Motor City Cobra" Hearns
T. Nishioka
Veeraphol whatever-his-promotional-company-was-that-week
Jhonny Gonzalez
Yuri Arbacharkov
Daniel Zaragoza
Buddy McGirt
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales
Tracy Harris Patterson
Rafa Marquez
Vernon Forrest
Clarence "Bones" Adams
Tommy Hearns

I always had a soft spot for Goyo Vargas, too, though he was nowhere near the talent level of the others I've mentioned.

Alex Stewart I'd always watch & cheer for... So many, man. So many.

Oh, I fucking had absolute man-love for Kevin Kelley. A complete & unreserved fucking unrequited man-crush. Loved all those great action featherweight fights of the late 80s/early 90s.

All of those &

Thomas Hearns
Juan Manuel Marquez
Humberto Gonzalez
JCC (the real one, not the fat drug-cheat one)
Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns
Mike McCallum
SRR
SRL (when he wasn't being a douchebag)
Nigel Benn
Marlon Starling
Ike Quartey
Brian Mitchell
Thomas "The Motor City Cobra" Hearns
T. Nishioka
Veeraphol whatever-his-promotional-company-was-that-week
Jhonny Gonzalez
Yuri Arbacharkov
Daniel Zaragoza
Buddy McGirt
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales
Tracy Harris Patterson
Rafa Marquez
Vernon Forrest
Clarence "Bones" Adams
Tommy Hearns

I always had a soft spot for Goyo Vargas, too, though he was nowhere near the talent level of the others I've mentioned.

Alex Stewart I'd always watch & cheer for... So many, man. So many.

Oh, I fucking had absolute man-love for Kevin Kelley. A complete & unreserved fucking unrequited man-crush. Loved all those great action featherweight fights of the late 80s/early 90s.
You know in person, at least at the HOF ceremonies, SRL is probably the most down to earth and approachable of the ATG superstars.

Growing up, I loved watching Sweet Pea Pernell Whitaker. Easily my favorite fighter.

in my case, favorite fighter is not who I consider the best.
1. Muhammad Ali
2. Sugar Ray Robinson and Hector Camacho
3. Marvelous Marvin Hagler
4. Joe Frazier
5. Thomas Hearns
6. Roy Jones
7. Mike Tyson
8. Roberto Duran
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Joe Louis

You know in person, at least at the HOF ceremonies, SRL is probably the most down to earth and approachable of the ATG superstars.
that's good to hear, he made a lot of enemies in his fighting years. He always seems more humble these days, but as aaron pryor once said he used to spar him "before he became Mr. Leonard" and Ray said "oh shit" with his captain hat on trying to be big shot and then told aaron to sit down and that it was his show. Honestly, most fans do not like that man for the way he treated his opponents.

In no particular order:

Joe Louis
Joe Frazier
Sugar Ray Robinson
Henry Armstrong
Marciano

My observations are thatnthenteuthful answers for 90% of the people on here are either:
Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, Muhammed Ali, anyone who fought Floyd Mayweather and not Manny Pacquiao

Or

Manny Pacquiao, Mike Tyson, Muhammed Ali, anyone who fought Manny Pacquaio and not Floyd Mayweather

Im surprised only one person has named Floyd so far. This is a pro-Floyd board for the most part but yeah.

I dont think its as pro Manny but he prolly wouldve had alot more votes before JMM KOd him.

All time
1.Salvador Sanchez
His fights with Gomez,Castillo and Lopez 1,2 get watched pretty often.
2.Floyd mayweather Jr.
his fights with cotto and corralles I watch the most but when I have free time I like to sit down and just watch 2-4 rounds of any of his fights.
3.Mike mccallum
Vs toney 1 and 2, Jackson, graham, are my favorites but I watch as much I can get ahold of.
4.Dwight Mohammed Qawi
Vs saad Muhammad, spinks bros, and the first fight against Holyfield are the best.
5. Michael Carbajal
Vs. Gonzales 1, Arce and kittikaesm. Although I always like watching Carbajal super punch a dude Into unconsciousness.

Some guys that have been in my recent watch list that have keeping closer to my all time fav's

1. Kid Gavilán, I have been watching all of his fights that I can get my hands on recently. I Horta say I love his uppercuts and movement I wish there was footage of his fight with Robinson around.
2. Archie Moore, I love his style it is so unique and exciting once again I downloaded all his fights I could get ahold of and have been jamming them.
3. George Benton, I haven't been able to get much full fights of his right now I just have him vs Allen Thomas and Rubin carter. Both fights are great and Benton is a masterful boxer. I wish my life was a little bit different and I got more time to work with people from his lineage.
4. Jose Napoles, another guy who I just downloaded the footage I could get and I have been watching the crap out of. I gotta say his 3rd fight with hedge on Lewis is great, and his love of Ernie Lopez is spectacular.

Edit: gotta show love for Meldrick Taylor his fight with JCC Sr. Is maybe my favorite fight and his fight with McGirt is a classic as well

I forgot alexis arguello, someone on my list has to go for him. it will be roy jones.

My top three are...

Hagler
Arguello
Duran

The rest

SRR
RJJ
Ali
Frazier
Foreman
Norton
Whitaker
Mayweather
GGG
Kovalov
Ward

that's good to hear, he made a lot of enemies in his fighting years. He always seems more humble these days, but as aaron pryor once said he used to spar him "before he became Mr. Leonard" and Ray said "oh shit" with his captain hat on trying to be big shot and then told aaron to sit down and that it was his show. Honestly, most fans do not like that man for the way he treated his opponents.
Yeah I guess Ali gets a little of that too. I started to get into boxing around the Hagler fight so didn't really get any of those bad vibes. During that time I was a kid and only remember the commercials with his son. He seemed very genuine so maybe all that stuff was to sell those fights.

Im surprised only one person has named Floyd so far. This is a pro-Floyd board for the most part but yeah.

I dont think its as pro Manny but he prolly wouldve had alot more votes before JMM KOd him.
I'd put Manny on my list he was in exciting fights.

Yeah I guess Ali gets a little of that too. I started to get into boxing around the Hagler fight so didn't really get any of those bad vibes. During that time I was a kid and only remember the commercials with his son. He seemed very genuine so maybe all that stuff was to sell those fights.

Ray went through a honeymoon phase where everyone loved him but by the time of I'd say the second hearns fight, the public really started to turn on him. His using his position to manipulate fight terms to his advantage and also, his trying to obviously mindfuck hagler after their fight and toy with the idea of a rematch. Duran, Hearns and Hagler had huge contingents of fans and no one liked seeing their men treated like that. The result is, to this day, many fans haven't forgiven him even though he always seems to be a simple vulnerable guy these days.

Back