Who are the 3 most iconic MMA fighters of all-time?

Who are the 3 most iconic MMA fighters of all-time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Including only people who have a bout recorded on sherdog:
  1. McGregor - Ireland
  2. Khabib - Russia
  3. Ronda - USA
  4. Brock - USA
  5. Batista - USA - 1 fight in 2012
  6. Jon Jones - USA
  7. Andrew Tate - USA - 2 fights in 2010

For awhile in the 90s, Tank Abbott may have been the most iconic of all fighters in the UFC. He was even on Friends. I do wonder though if they choose him based in early stereotype of "cage fighters" as basically tough man competitions.

I gotta say Fedor, Anderson and GSP for longevity and actually representating the sport of MMA. Conor is probably the most famous but it's more so for his antics and press conf than MMA.

For awhile in the 90s, Tank Abbott may have been the most iconic of all fighters in the UFC. He was even on Friends. I do wonder though if they choose him based in early stereotype of "cage fighters" as basically tough man competitions.

Totally forgot about him, that's a good one. Can't fit him in the poll anymore it's all full. : - (

Royce: The original the ufc starts with him and his family, not the greatest but the pioneer for American mma.

Sakuraba: Superstar in Japan helped progress the sport to the next stage and build Japanese mma which at the time was the biggest stage.

Conor: Biggest star the sport has produced most recognisable. Majority of casuals if asked about mma would mention him.

Conor, Chuck and Ronda. Although I could switch Ronda for Royce. But she is what made WMMA take off.

I don't think a lot of people in this thread know what iconic means and just pick their top 3 favorites.

Going by the definition of iconic, Conor and Ronda are objectively, 100% the most iconic whether you love them or hate them. I would put GSP or Silva at #3

Royce is a legend but most average MMA fans know little to nothing about him and his accomplishments and/or are not even interested in the forming years of MMA, when he was king.. the sport was still small.

You forgot this guy
207675_original.gif
This Guy
6XcE.gif

I don't think a lot of people in this thread know what iconic means and just pick their top 3 favorites.

Going by the definition of iconic, Conor and Ronda are objectively, 100% the most iconic whether you love them or hate them. I would put GSP or Silva at #3

Royce is a legend but most average MMA fans know little to nothing about him and his accomplishments and/or are not even interested in the forming years of MMA, when he was king.. the sport was still small.
Iconic MMA fighter. Conor isn't really Iconic for being an MMA fighter. Just a rich douche. Mayweather isn't an iconic Boxer, just a rich douche. Conor isn't at all what I think of when I think of a Mixed Martial Artist.

This is not necessarily who the best MMA fighters are, but who are the most iconic.

Feel free to suggest some names and I'll consider adding it.

View attachment 1004226
Randy, GSP, Fedor, Silva, ...don't see I any other way watching it since it started. ...they were ICONIC...could not take away any one of them.

I picked Royce, the first UFC star.
Then Saku, for being a pro wrestler who went after the Gracies.
Lastly, Ronda, like her or not. She's an icon for what she's done. I can't stand her but I give the devil her due.

Back