Who are some of your favorite Rock bands from 2000 to present?

The Deftones love up in here makes me feel all warm inside. lol they're my GOAT band and shoutout to the poster who said he's matured along with their style because I have too bro, been listening to them for 15 years and it's been an amazing ride, though I honestly believe that the final track from their last album (What Happened to You?) is the greatest song they've ever written! Wish I can embed!!

Honorable mention to Disturbed, Chevelle, old school Papa Roach, Project 86, Staind, and System of a Down too.

It's pretty hard for me to get my head around people like you existing.

Most of these bands (the honorable mentions) broke out when i was in 9th grade, made a splash, and there wasn't a soul left by 10th grade that didn't realize they were corny as shit.

Mastodon is as metal as they come my friend. I consider them to be Progressive Stoner/Sludge Metal.

Also people saying Queens Of The Stone Age, amazing band BUT they were formed by Josh Homme in 1996 so for me they do not count. For me it has to be a band that was formed in 2000 or after to be eligible.

Oh yeah, they are, I agree. That's basically what I was saying.

The sword
Baroness
Volbeat

I consider them more Stoner Metal than Rock. They remind me of like a modern Master of Reality era Black Sabbath. Doesn't really matter though, the difference between some bands being Metal and Rock can often be quite small.

I need to listen to more Baroness. I like what I've heard.

Interpol, wilco, the strokes, the artic monkeys. Sadly, none of them are really all that good anymore.

A few off the top of my head:
Clutch
The Mars Volta
The Distillers
Grand Magus
Kings of Leon, if you just count the first two albums
The Bronx

True, true.

The Strokes, Bloc Party, The National, The Killers, Interpol, Arctic Monkeys

I like some of their songs, but none of their albums.

The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster were a fantastic band, but they just drifted away for some reason.

I can't imagine they're known much in America but I loved them:

[YT]M9OIY-KgDUM[/YT]

Last edited:
Black Country Communion: Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham & Derek Sherinian

Black Keys
White Stripes
Queens of the Stone Age
Them Crooked Vultures
Cake

Oh yeah and for all you qotsa fans check out vista chino. Its josh's old band Kyuss but with out him. They may have broken up already but I think they made some good songs while together. This song is so fuzzy it isn't even funny.

[YT]/watch?v=x7kUwTk2vfk[/YT]

It's pretty hard for me to get my head around people like you existing.

Most of these bands (the honorable mentions) broke out when i was in 9th grade, made a splash, and there wasn't a soul left by 10th grade that didn't realize they were corny as shit.

Haha, agree... but Deftones is alright, dude.

Queens of the Stone Age
The Flaming Lips
The Strokes
The White Stripes
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Arcade Fire
Deftones

Haha, agree... but Deftones is alright, dude.

It's not even that those bands are lousy - I'm sure there are people that think the music i like sucks - but i don't know a single person irl that thinks differently.

It's like when i went to upstate NY and discovered that Nickelback had actual fans.

Top of my head:
John Garcia (solo). Dont know if this should count with him being an etablished and well-known artist but his solo debut is one of the best records of 2014.

Oh yeah and for all you qotsa fans check out vista chino. Its josh's old band Kyuss but with out him. They may have broken up already but I think they made some good songs while together. This song is so fuzzy it isn't even funny.

[YT]/watch?v=x7kUwTk2vfk[/YT]

Kyuss are one of the best bands ever. Vista Chino is also known as Kyuss Lives but Josh didn't like them using Kyuss so they made Vista Chino. Playing a mix of vista chino and kyuss songs live. John Garcia play the solo record along with kyuss songs live as well. And Brant Bjork & The low desert punks are super-relaxed.

Nicleback. Yea right.

Queens of the Stone Age, my morning jacket, vampire weekend, and beck are all I really give a damn about.

Also faith no more are working on a new album.

Back